Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Yes, you can ask waitlist for ANA award (not star alliance award).

It's rule. ANA's web site couldn't handle this type of reservation change(i.e, flights beyond 1 year ticket validity).

SGN-xTYO-NYC-xTYO-BKK is an invalid routing.
NYC-xTYO-SGN//BKK-xTYO-NYC is a valid routing.

Furthermore, routing change isn't permitted. So, not your case,
you can't change NYC-TYO-BKK-TYO-NYC to BKK-TYO-NYC-TYO-BKK.
Can I change from BKK-TYO-NYC-TYO-BKK to NYC-TYO-BKK (open jaw) SGN-TYO-NYC? As I mentioned in my original post, I want to book the NYC-TYO-BKK flight right after it becomes available. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Can I change from BKK-TYO-NYC-TYO-BKK to NYC-TYO-BKK (open jaw) SGN-TYO-NYC? As I mentioned in my original post, I want to book the NYC-TYO-BKK flight right after it becomes available. Thanks.
Unfortunately, you can't.
It's a routing change.

About your original post, I assumes you didn't try to make routing change.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 7:16 pm

I tried a simple open jaw search using the ANA app: NYC-IST--BKK (open jaw) SGN-IST-NYC. The seats were available, but at the end it kept telling me that "the service is not available for the specified itinerary". Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? Why is it not allowed? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:45 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I tried a simple open jaw search using the ANA app: NYC-IST--BKK (open jaw) SGN-IST-NYC. The seats were available, but at the end it kept telling me that "the service is not available for the specified itinerary". Can someone please tell me what I did wrong? Why is it not allowed? Thanks.
From Area1(NYC) to Area3(BKK), you can't go through Area2(IST). If you want to go Area1-Area2-Area3(then Area1), you have to book an itinerary as a round the world award.
So, you have to call ANA call center.
If you want NYC-IST-BKK-IST-NYC, you need two awards NYC-IST-NYC and IST-BKK-IST.

T&C describes restrictions and routing rules.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe.../tk/usage.html

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jul 5, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:36 am

From Area1(NYC) to Area3(BKK), you can't go through Area2(IST). If you want to go Area1-Area2-Area3(then Area1), you have to book an itinerary as a round the world award.
So, you have to call ANA call center.
If you want NYC-IST-BKK-IST-NYC, you need two awards NYC-IST-NYC and IST-BKK-IST.

T&C describes restrictions and routing rules.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe.../tk/usage.html
Thanks. It is time for more reading 😁.
I just want to flight from NYC to BKK. It is weird that ANA's award search engine shows an invalid itinerary.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:41 pm

I am trying to book JFK-TYO-BKK then SIN-JFK Business Class award directly with ANA. I am trying to do this for June 2021.The problem I am having is there is no availability for JFK-TYO and TYO-JFK on the return. (surprise surprise). I have been looking for days and can't find any availability between JFK-TYO either way, for any dates I have tried.
What I would like to confirm is if I were to book the legs between JFK-TYO as waitlisted, can I call and change the award ticket for the dates that I want, and get a confirmed ticket that way? Or can you only change for a booking in which have a confirmed booking? (As opposed to waitlisted)
I hope what I'm saying is clear. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by leslie535
I am trying to book JFK-TYO-BKK then SIN-JFK Business Class award directly with ANA. I am trying to do this for June 2021.The problem I am having is there is no availability for JFK-TYO and TYO-JFK on the return. (surprise surprise). I have been looking for days and can't find any availability between JFK-TYO either way, for any dates I have tried.
For a general member, I found
16Jun2021 NH109 JFKHND (F)
18Jun2021 NH849 BKKHND (C)
21Jun2021 NH848 BKKHND (C)
23Jun2021 NH110 HNDJFK (F)

You have to use multi city/mixed class award search, then JFKHND,HNDBKK,BKKHND,HNDJFK separately,
There IS absolutely NO availability of F for JFK-BKK because of no F service of HNDBKK.

What I would like to confirm is if I were to book the legs between JFK-TYO as waitlisted, can I call and change the award ticket for the dates that I want, and get a confirmed ticket that way? Or can you only change for a booking in which have a confirmed booking? (As opposed to waitlisted)
I hope what I'm saying is clear. Thanks!
Basically, yes.
You can confirm some legs and wait for some legs.
However, for any single segment, you may have only one confirmed flight or one waiting list.
For example, if you have confirmed flight from JFK to HND, you can't wait list for another JFK to HND.
However, if you find a availability, you can change a flight from JFK to HND to another date.
You can't wait two flights for the same leg, but you can wait for one flight (JFKHND), and when you find another flight availability for JFKHND, you can change to it.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:16 pm

This was very helpful, thanks!
Do you know what time ANA releases the next day's flights to be available to book? For example they opened up July 12th, 2021 availability today, but already there is no award availability on Business class NRT-JFK or HND-JFK when I got around to checking now. (wow..)
Thanks.

Last edited by leslie535; Jul 22, 2020 at 4:22 pm Reason: added another question
Old Jul 22, 2020, 6:54 pm

This was very helpful, thanks!
Do you know what time ANA releases the next day's flights to be available to book? For example they opened up July 12th, 2021 availability today, but already there is no award availability on Business class NRT-JFK or HND-JFK when I got around to checking now. (wow..)
Thanks.
It is 09:00AM JST (00:00UTC)
See https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...plication.html

From 09:00 (JST) 355 days prior to the departure date (excluding the departure date itself) for the return flight in your itinerary until 96 hours prior to the departure of the first sector.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:07 pm

For a general member, I found
16Jun2021 NH109 JFKHND (F)
18Jun2021 NH849 BKKHND (C)
21Jun2021 NH848 BKKHND (C)
23Jun2021 NH110 HNDJFK (F)

You have to use multi city/mixed class award search, then JFKHND,HNDBKK,BKKHND,HNDJFK separately,
There IS absolutely NO availability of F for JFK-BKK because of no F service of HNDBKK.

Basically, yes.
You can confirm some legs and wait for some legs.
However, for any single segment, you may have only one confirmed flight or one waiting list.
For example, if you have confirmed flight from JFK to HND, you can't wait list for another JFK to HND.
However, if you find a availability, you can change a flight from JFK to HND to another date.
You can't wait two flights for the same leg, but you can wait for one flight (JFKHND), and when you find another flight availability for JFKHND, you can change to it.
Is there a means to search availability on ANA's website for more than one date at a time? For example, how were you able to find that availability for JFK-HND on June 16,2021? Or was it just by searching day by day?
Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:08 pm

Is there a means to search availability on ANA's website for more than one date at a time? For example, how were you able to find that availability for JFK-HND on June 16,2021? Or was it just by searching day by day?
Thanks.
ANA's multiple dates search function is almost useless.
So, you have to do day by day.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:14 pm

Is a change in flight on the same date considered an allowable change? (with no 3000 mile charge as well?)
xample, changing from a ANA flight HND-ORD, to a later flight HND-ORD, scheduled for the same day.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 12:38 am

Is a change in flight on the same date considered an allowable change? (with no 3000 mile charge as well?)
xample, changing from a ANA flight HND-ORD, to a later flight HND-ORD, scheduled for the same day.
You can change your ANA flights of an ANA international award to any date within 1 year from the first flight if award space is available(same route, same cabin class or lower class). It doesn't cost any charge. However, before your first flight is flown, tax/surcharge is recalculated at the time of rebooking.

But you can't change your flight at the airport at the day of the departure. You have to change your flight before your original flight AND 24 HOURS PRIOR to the rebooking flight.

see
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/jp/amc/refe...nt/refund.html
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
So I've just had one segment of an award cancel, IAD-LHR-MUC-FCO-LIS-IAD, for this October.

There's an easy replacement flight available, but by then Americans may still not be allowed to enter Europe without a 14-day quarantine. It'd be great to keep the booking and see how the fall unfolds, but I'm wondering if it's better to just use this schedule change as grounds to refund the whole award.

My question here is, does ANA allow "passenger's citizenship is currently banned from Europe" as grounds to cancel the ticket without penalty, closer to departure?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Hello everyone, greetings
I am newbie in FT
can not start new Thread yet

Please allow me to ask question here on ANA
I buy cash for ANA class Z but not in website,
i buy via travel agent
so can NOT change on web login

Now I want to change flight,
with ANA policy COVID,
their banner in Web is NO changes fee

However I called to ANA ticketing office and also via Travel Agent
They want to charge for Changes
using the term Handling Fee and also difference in Tax an Basic Fare

This is so annoting,
since i Check if I were to buy cash for new Tickets
The price will be the SAME between my Ticket and the New Schedule

I feel the ticketing office is not following ANA worldwide policy for No fee changes
or is this just gimmick?
They use term Handling fees and Basic fare difference which are so convenient for them

I wish i had bought the ticket via website and so can change myself

Any FT members can help with this Case of mine?

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.