Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

I've seen people ask about removing a beginning or end segment, but are they even this strict with layovers?
Say my flight is IAH-DEN (2 hour layover) -LAX because that's all that is avaiable right now... if I try to change the date, do I have to find IAH-DEN-LAX?
Yes, you have to.

What if IAH-LAX is available? Or IAH-ORD-LAX?
You can't change IAH-DEN-LAX with IAH-LAX(direct nostop flight) nor IAH-ORD-LAX(different routing).
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So say I booked a partner award on GA Hkg-cgk-jog and back. Can I change the return after I've flown the outbound (assuming the routing stays the same and the only change is the date)?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
So say I booked a partner award on GA Hkg-cgk-jog and back. Can I change the return after I've flown the outbound (assuming the routing stays the same and the only change is the date)?
It seems so.

I booked a JFK / ICN on OZ with ANA miles and the rep was able to change dates, she also mentioned that if I already flew one of the legs, she would be able only to change the return date, which was fair for me.
There is a recalculation of the taxes to pay any difference.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
why won't NH hold onto the inbound when changing outbound airport? A ridiculous policy

However, VS can do it on NH flights
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:15 pm

Just wanted to put a note here in case anyone is searching for something similar:

I was booked TPE-NRT in J on NH metal as the middle part of a Star Alliance RT routing IAH-TPE-NRT-DEN. At the time I booked it there was no TSA-HND availability but I happened to notice some I space today and thought I'd see if I could change since both airports are co-terminal with my original origin and destination for that leg.

I called in and the rep immediately switched my flight, just needed to pay the small tax/fee difference. My e-ticket now shows IAH-TPE (ground segment) TSA-HND (ground segment) NRT-DEN (ground segment).
​​​​
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by osmantrex
Just wanted to put a note here in case anyone is searching for something similar:

I was booked TPE-NRT in J on NH metal as the middle part of a Star Alliance RT routing IAH-TPE-NRT-DEN. At the time I booked it there was no TSA-HND availability but I happened to notice some I space today and thought I'd see if I could change since both airports are co-terminal with my original origin and destination for that leg.

I called in and the rep immediately switched my flight, just needed to pay the small tax/fee difference. My e-ticket now shows IAH-TPE (ground segment) TSA-HND (ground segment) NRT-DEN (ground segment).
​​​​
Very lucky. They only let this go for HND/NRT and ITM/KIX.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm looking at booking a RT US-Turkey for starting in October. My return won't be until June/July of 2020, which isn't available for booking yet (combining with another trip).

My plan is to book the trip with the Oct flights being the ones I want, then book the return as far out as I can with the plan to change later on for the 3K point penalty. My question is, would I be able to make any changes to the return sector once I've flown the segments in October?

As far as I can tell, all I can really change for free is just the dates keeping the same airlines, routing, class, etc?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:33 pm

I was planning on booking with EVA on BR51 with travel in J for March/ April 2020, and try out the excellent reviewed Royal Laurel Class. But look like J is not an option anymore with EVA or Star Alliance partners. Is this correct? Did they change award availability for partners? Should I call and see if I can still book it?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
I'm looking at booking a RT US-Turkey for starting in October. My return won't be until June/July of 2020, which isn't available for booking yet (combining with another trip).

My plan is to book the trip with the Oct flights being the ones I want, then book the return as far out as I can with the plan to change later on for the 3K point penalty. My question is, would I be able to make any changes to the return sector once I've flown the segments in October?

As far as I can tell, all I can really change for free is just the dates keeping the same airlines, routing, class, etc?
What 3K points penalty ?
Date change is free of charge for ANA award. If you CANCEL after the first segment, no mile is refunded.
Before the first flight, you can change your subsequent flights.

So, you can book US-XXX (OCT2019),XXX-US(FEB2020), now.
On July 2019, you can change to (usual T-355d window is applied)
US-XXX(OCT2019,untouched),XXX-US(JUN2020).

One tricky point is, you can only change flights to date which is within 1 year from date of ticket issued via ANA web.
So, you have to call ANA for date change to June 2020 of ticket issued in April 2019.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by skylineb0i
I was planning on booking with EVA on BR51 with travel in J for March/ April 2020, and try out the excellent reviewed Royal Laurel Class. But look like J is not an option anymore with EVA or Star Alliance partners. Is this correct? Did they change award availability for partners? Should I call and see if I can still book it?
Welcome to FT.

I can find a few availability of BR51 Business class on March 2020 on ANA site. (Of course , maybe phantom).
By the way, ANA doesn't provide one way award. so you have to find a return flight.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Welcome to FT.

I can find a few availability of BR51 Business class on March 2020 on ANA site. (Of course , maybe phantom).
By the way, ANA doesn't provide one way award. so you have to find a return flight.
Thank you! I did call and talked to a CR, who was very helpful in telling me which date have seat(s) available. Yes, trying to get the most out of 95/85K points with round trip.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Think i got it but sometimes I think that when it is not the case.
1) want to book JFK - Tokyo and Osaka - Tokyo - JFK in ANA First
2) Once the Outwards Leg opens I could book a RTW with a return a day later (note the return leg must be open too)
3) Once the Inwards leg opens up at 355 I can change that online for no extra charge
4) in this case HND/NRT or ATM/KIX are considered the same airport aka no change in routing
5) if I book today 4/10/2019 then the latest return trip would be 4/9/2020 (ticket expiration 1 yr after being issued)?
6) as it can be very advantageous to snatch the rewards up as they appear I was wondering if the legs can be switched i.e Original NYC to Tokyo 3/30 so there is no return flight available yet can I book Tokyo > New York 3/10 (or any other date that is available) and New York - Tokyo 3/30 and then change the Tokyo > New York leg to 4/15 so making the outwards and inwards and vice versa (hope I explained that well enough to be understood .... as an excuse english isn't my first language )
Thanks! Getting ready to pull the trigger

Last edited by blitzen; Apr 10, 2019 at 12:25 pm
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Question for ANA experts - Does NH block award redemptions for BR, or somehow have limited award inventory compared to other partners? I tried searching for LAX-TPE-LAX in business on dates where UA and AC have availability to no avail. The results always show NH operated flights connecting in TYO. When I search other routes (i.e. to europe, australia, etc) it would generally show those partners' availability. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Question for ANA experts - Does NH block award redemptions for BR, or somehow have limited award inventory compared to other partners? I tried searching for LAX-TPE-LAX in business on dates where UA and AC have availability to no avail. The results always show NH operated flights connecting in TYO. When I search other routes (i.e. to europe, australia, etc) it would generally show those partners' availability. Thanks in advance!
Make sure you search by segment, that way it forces your desired connection through TPE. On another note, it does seem that ANA has its own connecting rules on BR. I tried booking SFO-TPE-HKG via ANA (showed as available on UA/AC) but when I went to book with ANA the website wouldn't allow it. I called twice and was told the TPE-HKG (and also tried PVG) tag was 'restricted' even though multiple options were available that day.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Make sure you search by segment, that way it forces your desired connection through TPE. On another note, it does seem that ANA has its own connecting rules on BR. I tried booking SFO-TPE-HKG via ANA (showed as available on UA/AC) but when I went to book with ANA the website wouldn't allow it. I called twice and was told the TPE-HKG (and also tried PVG) tag was 'restricted' even though multiple options were available that day.
Amazing! That did it! Thank you so much. I'm so used to typing in origin/destination on AC and UA that I never expected more results to show up on the "multi city" booking menu!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.