ANA award change policy

Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Anyway to make sure the segments are unmarried? The award reservation was booked leg by leg but it married the partner segment. Now I can't make any changes to the partner segment unless both segments have award seats.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
Has anyone been able to drop a segment at the start of an ANA partner award? I have a ticket with a CTS-NRT segment (on ANA) that I'd like to cancel, but I can't cancel the entire award because the partner availability isn't there anymore.
the change you are asking is less about partner availability, but about a change in departure airport.
see this (link)
After Ticket Issuance
The departure date and flight can be changed until the ticket's expiration date.
[Change Acceptance Period]
Until before the departure of your reserved flight and 24 hours prior to the departure of the flight you wish to board.

Points to Note After Ticket Issuance

The names of the passenger and the AMC member who is providing the miles cannot be changed.
The airline, passenger, sector, route, and service class* cannot be changed.
*Even if the itinerary you wish to change to has the same zones as your original itinerary, the change described above is not permitted.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by stmadfish
Almost the same question, I booked a mixed class flight, like SFO-NRT by ANA in eco, NRT-LAX by ANA in first, after some dates SMF-EWR by UA in eco. Those first two flights have been finished, and I have one-more flight from SMF-EWR. I charged mileage like outbound from USA-JAPAN in eco, and JAPAN-USA in first (mixed), if I am able to find UA open some business for SMF-EWR, am I able to call ANA and upgrade it from eco to business? Since there is no first on SMF-EWR.
same as above see this (link)
Points to Note After Ticket Issuance
The airline, passenger, sector, route, and service class* cannot be changed.
*Even if the itinerary you wish to change to has the same zones as your original itinerary, the change described above is not permitted.
majsmom likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Would a change of airports from NRT to HND be considered a change of sector or route, or do they act as coterminals?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Would a change of airports from NRT to HND be considered a change of sector or route, or do they act as coterminals?
For pure domestic awards, NRT/HND and ITM/KIX/UKB are inter exchangeable without penalty.
It is stated clearly in web page.

I don't have the definite answer for international awards. However, there is no such description.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
They consider it the same but can be a bit of a problem if it's a not NH or UA.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just to reconfirm, if I need to book a ticket from ICN-LAX, LAX-ICN on OZ's non-stop flight in J for a departure in October 2018 then a return in November 2019, I can book the outbound for October 2018 then a return for any date in 2019. Once the schedule opens for November 2019, I can call NH and ask them to change the return date to the November 2019 date that I want. Since the return is within 355 days of departure from the outbound date, this should be a legal change and no fees (cash or miles) will be charged to process this change, correct?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Just to reconfirm, if I need to book a ticket from ICN-LAX, LAX-ICN on OZ's non-stop flight in J for a departure in October 2018 then a return in November 2019, I can book the outbound for October 2018 then a return for any date in 2019. Once the schedule opens for November 2019, I can call NH and ask them to change the return date to the November 2019 date that I want. Since the return is within 355 days of departure from the outbound date, this should be a legal change and no fees (cash or miles) will be charged to process this change, correct?
Yes. As you mentioned, you have to call ANA. Usually, you can make change on the web. However, when you want to change return date beyond 1 year from the original ticket issue date, you can't change this on the web. At least, in my experience of ANA's own flight award.

BTW, how can you make departing on October 2018 and returning on November 2019, still those are within 1 year ticket validity ?

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jul 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Yes. As you mentioned, you have to call ANA. Usually, you can make change on the web. However, when you want to change return date beyond 1 year from the original ticket issue date, you can't change this on the web. At least, in my experience of ANA's own flight award.

BTW, how can you make departing on October 2018 and returning on November 2019, still those are within 1 year ticket validity ?
Oh man I messed up the dates.. good thing it's a weekend.

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Oh man I messed up the dates.. good thing it's a weekend.

Thanks!
outbound in October 2018 and returning in November 2018?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:33 am

I changed my dates on an Ethiopian award and the fuel surcharges were decreased so ANA issued me a "EMD" for the difference. Does anyone know how I actually get this converted to a refund?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
outbound in October 2018 and returning in November 2018?
I was aiming for an outbound in October 2018 then return in November 2019. Since November is past the 365 days, it's something I cannot do.

Instead, I just booked KE with AS for 105K miles and plan on having the return flight in September/October 2019 (before the 365 day limit).

Thanks for everyone's help!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:18 am

I tried to find the answer in this thread but had no luck.

Does anyone know how long it takes for ANA points to be refunded after canceling an award ticket.

Specifically, if I want to make changes to my ticket that involves changes in service class, and I cancel the booking, can I use the refunded points for the new booking? Or do I need to have points to cover both bookings, and then get the refunded points at a future date (3 months?)

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Originally Posted by Yagisama
I tried to find the answer in this thread but had no luck.

Does anyone know how long it takes for ANA points to be refunded after canceling an award ticket.

Specifically, if I want to make changes to my ticket that involves changes in service class, and I cancel the booking, can I use the refunded points for the new booking? Or do I need to have points to cover both bookings, and then get the refunded points at a future date (3 months?)

Thanks!
should be able to use the refunded miles (less the miles charged for cancellation) immediately when you’re on the phone with ANA
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by armagebedar
For partner awards you can make changes according within the following restrictions:

After ticketing, you can change your departure date within the ticket's validity period.

* Please note that reservations are not permitted more than 330 days in advance.

When changing your booking, you may be asked to pay the balance for various taxes including fuel surcharges.You will be informed the amount if there is any when changing your reservation.

[Disapprove for changes]

After the application, the passenger's name and the person who redeems the mileage cannot be changed.

No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

Your booked class cannot be changed except for the following cases.

*If there is seat available for lower class booking can be changed to lower class cabin. However, mileage for such changes is not returned when changing a reservation to a lower cabin class.

*When flight award tickets are issued using mileage for an upgraded cabin class, booking change can be made to upper class when there is an available seat in an upgraded cabin class.
No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

I've seen people ask about removing a beginning or end segment, but are they even this strict with layovers?
Say my flight is IAH-DEN (2 hour layover) -LAX because that's all that is avaiable right now... if I try to change the date, do I have to find IAH-DEN-LAX? What if IAH-LAX is available? Or IAH-ORD-LAX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.