Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by the188
Apologies if this was already answered somewhere (I read through several pages of this thread and the wiki), but what is the policy for changes if flights are changed by the airline? I have a RTW award booked and one of my flights was changed to the next day. I am flying KTM to IST (on TK) and then have a flight from IST to CAI a few hours later. My KTM to IST flight was moved to the next day making it impossible to make the IST to CAI flight (it looks like TK changed the days they fly the KTM route). I am going to call up ANA but I wanted to know what my options were ahead of time in case I need to feed them flight options.
My guess is that they’d try to move your IST-CAI to the following day by negotiating with that carrier. I’m actually curious about what they do. Will you update when you resolve it?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin
If I book an award ticket in Regular Season, but then change the dates into Low Season that has a lower mileage requirement, is there a refund of points or not?

Thanks!
Yes.

Any difference in taxes/fees will also be refunded/collected.
Teddy Ruxpin and Vyvd like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:13 pm

ANA award on UA

Booked a flight to Australia on UA with ANA points.

I was on LAX-MEL but because of the schedule change now have to fly to LAX-SFO-MEL. I am flying in from D.C. and wanted change my itinerary to IAD-SFO-MEL to save me from having an extra stop.

I called ANA to change origination from LAX to IAD and was told 1) change is not possible because I can't change the destinations of the trip and 2) If I no show for the LAX-SFO leg, UA will cancel the SFO-MEL leg. The ANA phone agent said the only way to change would be to cancel and rebook the reservation with no guarantee of availability for SFO-MEL.

Is this true? And are there any work arounds to this problem?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It is accurate that you can't change the origination or routing without cancellation as per the program rules. If there is a workaround maybe someone else can help out.

Originally Posted by werDrD

I was on LAX-MEL but because of the schedule change now have to fly to LAX-SFO-MEL. I am flying in from D.C. and wanted change my itinerary to IAD-SFO-MEL to save me from having an extra stop.

I called ANA to change origination from LAX to IAD and was told 1) change is not possible because I can't change the destinations of the trip and 2) If I no show for the LAX-SFO leg, UA will cancel the SFO-MEL leg. The ANA phone agent said the only way to change would be to cancel and rebook the reservation with no guarantee of availability for SFO-MEL.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by werDrD

Thanks!
If there is still award space on the SFO leg, Is try changing it online.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Apologize in advance if this question has been asked before (searched and couldn't find). I'm trying to book a roundtrip itinerary using the multi city tool so I have more control over the flights. I can get the itinerary to price out (miles and surcharge), was able to input passenger name, and when I click continue to payment, I get an error 54E_A04P01_0001.

I'm told I can only type in origin and destination, and cannot choose my connection point unless i plan on stopping over... However, this error appears in some routings not all. For example, for same dates, using "multi city" to contruct a roundtrip ticket, I was able to reach the booking screen for economy class.

But when I select business class, the system won't let me pay and gets me an error. Is this truly an error or ANA blocking certain redemptions?

Last edited by buylowsellhigh; Dec 14, 2019 at 12:43 am
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:28 pm

We are on a business award YYZ-TYO, KIX-PEK, PEK-YYZ. There is now economy award availability on a preferred (later) flight KIX-PEK. I can't find a way to investigate the change online (though this might be bc I originally booked via phone). If we do not change the route or the date or the airline (CA) but want the later flight, can we change from business seat to economy? Without a change fee of 3k points?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Dec 18, 2019 at 11:02 pm
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
We are on a business award YYZ-TYO, KIX-PEK, PEK-YYZ. There is now economy award availability on a preferred (later) flight KIX-PEK. I can't find a way to investigate the change online (though this might be bc I originally booked via phone). If we do not change the route or the date or the airline (CA) but want the later flight, can we change from business seat to economy? Without a change fee of 3k points?
As far as I know you can do that without fee. But via phone you might need to pay a call in fee and you won’t get any miles back for the downgrade
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Apologize in advance if this question has been asked before (searched and couldn't find). I'm trying to book a roundtrip itinerary using the multi city tool so I have more control over the flights. I can get the itinerary to price out (miles and surcharge), was able to input passenger name, and when I click continue to payment, I get an error 54E_A04P01_0001.

I'm told I can only type in origin and destination, and cannot choose my connection point unless i plan on stopping over... However, this error appears in some routings not all. For example, for same dates, using "multi city" to contruct a roundtrip ticket, I was able to reach the booking screen for economy class.

But when I select business class, the system won't let me pay and gets me an error. Is this truly an error or ANA blocking certain redemptions?

availability for ALL SECTORS is required, of course. Some phantom availability may be causing this error.
buylowsellhigh likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Does ANA consider NRT and HND as co-terminals if I need to make a connection change, final destination the same?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by fenix8o0
Does ANA consider NRT and HND as co-terminals if I need to make a connection change, final destination the same?
Haneda and Natita are the same airport for this purpose (so are the Osaka area airports to each other).

Last edited by blitzen; Jan 8, 2020 at 12:39 pm
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
As far as I know you can do that without fee. But via phone you might need to pay a call in fee and you won’t get any miles back for the downgrade
So the holidays got in my way and now that later flight is gone (from all days that week even). UGH! Gotta jump when you see it. Anyway, I was at least able to get our 4th pax moved to business (at the time I booked we were one short in J so had to stick him in economy). Had to call in bc there is no option to change online (I think bc originally booked via phone). Small issue with phone payment for additional tax was that the system kept saying the number was too long. Even after 3 attempts with different cards and double checking everything. So clearly the system has a glitch. Here's what I recommend if you need to call in for anything:

Add a cc to your ANA account by logging in and going to Basic Member Info in your MY MENU. There is an option to enter a cc number (and a second one) and save to profile. Once I did this, the payment went through fine.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 12, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm still a bit confused on the change policy if I want to change the date of the first flight to over a year past the date of original issuance. My understanding is that trying to change the date of the first flight to a date past a year of when the ticket is issued cannot be done via the website, but I have to call in for it? Or is that impossible to do even when calling in? If it can be done by calling in, will they still charge a phone booking fee or will that be waived?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by slowreactor
Hi all,

I'm still a bit confused on the change policy if I want to change the date of the first flight to over a year past the date of original issuance. My understanding is that trying to change the date of the first flight to a date past a year of when the ticket is issued cannot be done via the website, but I have to call in for it? Or is that impossible to do even when calling in? If it can be done by calling in, will they still charge a phone booking fee or will that be waived?
1. A ticket validity is 1 year from the date of original issue.
i.e You have to use the ticket before 1 year from the original issue.
So, if you want to move the first segment beyond 1 year validity, you have to cancel the ticket, and book another ticket.
2. After the first segment is used, the ticket validity is 1 year from the first flight.
That's all.
Steve P. likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:09 pm

Any word on if they will waive the award cancellation penalty due to COVID? I know it's only 3000 miles, but still..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.