Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA award change policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:45 pm

ANA experts: will this plan work? Transfer necessary MR points to ANA + 6k (for the 3k per person penalty for changes). Wait for opening and hope for the JFK-TYO route I want when it opens and book preferred return.

If I can't get the JFK let, book another outbound route (ORD, SFO, etc.) to Tokyo. Keep scouring for JFK-TYO openings, including couple weeks before travel. If it opens up, call in to have the outbound switched to JFK-TYO while keeping return, paying the extra 6k change fee.

I believe I am correct in that this is possible? Or will they have to cancel the return flight, possibly losing it as well?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
The 3k is not a change fee. Changes are free. But you can’t change routing to it is a cancellation and rebook > with the risk of the award being gone (call in should help)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Adding on to what blitzen said: Calling in will help by stopping you from making a mistake. ANA will not "hold" onto your return leg for you. If your return flight is on ANA, the ANA agent can tell you if someone has waitlisted it (meaning it absolutely will not return to inventory for you to rebook if you cancel). If it is a non-ANA flight for the return, they will warn you that it may not return to inventory because it's up to the partner airline policy.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:45 am

Got it. Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:11 am

I am hoping to book IAD-FRA in Business/First. Currently, I see the return in Business, but the outbound is in Economy. Is it possible to book IAD-FRA in Y and FRA-IAD in C now, then when/if C is available on the outbound change (with fees and miles of course)?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:47 am

I failed to mention I am changing the dates of ticketed IAD-FRA (J) -FRA-IAD (Y) . Not sure if this is even possible?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
The airline, passenger, sector, route, and service class* cannot be changed.
Dates can be changed
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:48 am

Ok--Thank you.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Hi, Guys
I plan to book a ANA-only reward ticket.
It is HND-FRA(F) 165000 miles+ FRA-HND(C) 80000 miles, in low season, the total miles is (165000+80000)/2=122500

After issuing the ticket, I will try to rebook the inbound flight date from low season to Regular season.
I find the note from ANA website:

* If a changing the departure date results in a change of season, then adjustments must be made to meet the required number of miles. If the require number of miles increases, then the difference can be made up using further miles. If the mileage account does not contain the required number of extra miles, then the reservation cannot be changed. If the required number of miles decreases, then the difference is returned in miles. However, miles will not be returned if their expiry date has passed. Adjustments can only be made using miles, and not by cash or other means.

Sure I will pay the miles difference. But, questions raise.

a) How many miles difference should I pay? 5000 miles or 10000 miles?
(165000+90000)/2-(165000+80000)/2=5000 , or 90000-80000=10000

b) Can I do this date change online ANA website? (The ticket will be issued online ANA)
c) Should I pay 3000 miles service fee?
d) When changing the inbound flight date only, do I have risk to lose the confirmed outbound flight? (something like cancel the ticket and rebook both flights)

Thanks, everyone.

Last edited by wyskevin; Oct 11, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by wyskevin
Hi, Guys
I plan to book a ANA-only reward ticket.
It is HND-FRA(F) 165000 miles+ FRA-HND(C) 80000 miles, in low season, the total miles is (165000+80000)/2=122500

After issuing the ticket, I will try to rebook the inbound flight date from low season to Regular season.
I find the note from ANA website:

* If a changing the departure date results in a change of season, then adjustments must be made to meet the required number of miles. If the require number of miles increases, then the difference can be made up using further miles. If the mileage account does not contain the required number of extra miles, then the reservation cannot be changed. If the required number of miles decreases, then the difference is returned in miles. However, miles will not be returned if their expiry date has passed. Adjustments can only be made using miles, and not by cash or other means.

Sure I will pay the miles difference. But, questions raise.

a) How many miles difference should I pay? 5000 miles or 10000 miles?
(165000+90000)/2-(165000+80000)/2=5000 , or 90000-80000=10000
5000 miles.

b) Can I do this date change online ANA website? (The ticket will be issued online ANA)
c) Should I pay 3000 miles service fee?
d) When changing the inbound flight date only, do I have risk to lose the confirmed outbound flight? (something like cancel the ticket and rebook both flights)
For simple HND-FRA-HND award, you can change date via WEB.
And, 3000 miles are refund fee, not change/phone service fee. If you ask this change via phone, service fee is 2200JPY, or 25USD etc depending on call center.
Your outbound flights is intact, don't worry.
wyskevin likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Can I change the date of the inbound flight after the outbound already used? Namely after I arrive at the destination I hope to extend my stay for a few days.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Can I change the date of the inbound flight after the outbound already used? Namely after I arrive at the destination I hope to extend my stay for a few days.
You can change the date pending award availability. No destination or route change,
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can change the date pending award availability. No destination or route change,
Thanks. The terms on the web seems to say one can change before the departure of the first flight, which would prevent me from changing the return after already use the outbound. I guess I miss read them. Thank you very much.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:49 am

Apologies if this was already answered somewhere (I read through several pages of this thread and the wiki), but what is the policy for changes if flights are changed by the airline? I have a RTW award booked and one of my flights was changed to the next day. I am flying KTM to IST (on TK) and then have a flight from IST to CAI a few hours later. My KTM to IST flight was moved to the next day making it impossible to make the IST to CAI flight (it looks like TK changed the days they fly the KTM route). I am going to call up ANA but I wanted to know what my options were ahead of time in case I need to feed them flight options.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If I book an award ticket in Regular Season, but then change the dates into Low Season that has a lower mileage requirement, is there a refund of points or not?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.