ANA award change policy

Old Dec 23, 18, 1:20 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy View Post
No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

I've seen people ask about removing a beginning or end segment, but are they even this strict with layovers?
Say my flight is IAH-DEN (2 hour layover) -LAX because that's all that is avaiable right now... if I try to change the date, do I have to find IAH-DEN-LAX?
Yes, you have to.

What if IAH-LAX is available? Or IAH-ORD-LAX?
You can't change IAH-DEN-LAX with IAH-LAX(direct nostop flight) nor IAH-ORD-LAX(different routing).
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Hertz
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So say I booked a partner award on GA Hkg-cgk-jog and back. Can I change the return after I've flown the outbound (assuming the routing stays the same and the only change is the date)?
Old Jan 24, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / AF Silver
Originally Posted by jason8612 View Post
So say I booked a partner award on GA Hkg-cgk-jog and back. Can I change the return after I've flown the outbound (assuming the routing stays the same and the only change is the date)?
It seems so.

I booked a JFK / ICN on OZ with ANA miles and the rep was able to change dates, she also mentioned that if I already flew one of the legs, she would be able only to change the return date, which was fair for me.
There is a recalculation of the taxes to pay any difference.
Old Mar 12, 19, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gld,HH Dia,Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat
why won't NH hold onto the inbound when changing outbound airport? A ridiculous policy

However, VS can do it on NH flights
Old Mar 14, 19, 11:15 pm

Just wanted to put a note here in case anyone is searching for something similar:

I was booked TPE-NRT in J on NH metal as the middle part of a Star Alliance RT routing IAH-TPE-NRT-DEN. At the time I booked it there was no TSA-HND availability but I happened to notice some I space today and thought I'd see if I could change since both airports are co-terminal with my original origin and destination for that leg.

I called in and the rep immediately switched my flight, just needed to pay the small tax/fee difference. My e-ticket now shows IAH-TPE (ground segment) TSA-HND (ground segment) NRT-DEN (ground segment).
​​​​
Old Mar 15, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Originally Posted by osmantrex View Post
Just wanted to put a note here in case anyone is searching for something similar:

I was booked TPE-NRT in J on NH metal as the middle part of a Star Alliance RT routing IAH-TPE-NRT-DEN. At the time I booked it there was no TSA-HND availability but I happened to notice some I space today and thought I'd see if I could change since both airports are co-terminal with my original origin and destination for that leg.

I called in and the rep immediately switched my flight, just needed to pay the small tax/fee difference. My e-ticket now shows IAH-TPE (ground segment) TSA-HND (ground segment) NRT-DEN (ground segment).
​​​​
Very lucky. They only let this go for HND/NRT and ITM/KIX.