Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
You want a trip report on all-economy LCC Norwegian Airlines? For a Low Cost Carrier, they're a good operation. Seat pitch was surprisingly good as European LCCs go - about 31", maybe even 32". Only $74.00 one way to Helsinki from Gatwick - 1150 miles.
I truly understand. I fly Ryanair quite a lot. Their LPL-NOC for me to see my grand children and family in Galway can't be beat for price and convenience
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Damn. Never have done that yet.

Kauai No Ka Oi.
We did the Helicopter, Zodiac, Catamaran and drove up and hiked. Got it from all angles. Waialeale was even out so we could see it from a friends house.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
We did the Helicopter, Zodiac, Catamaran and drove up and hiked. Got it from all angles. Waialeale was even out so we could see it from a friends house.
Ok... now you need to share a few pics here on FT

This thread will work.

HA just inaugurated LIH-KOA if you want to see some lava
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok... now you need to share a few pics here on FT

This thread will work.

HA just inaugurated LIH-KOA if you want to see some lava
Too late. Back in rainy seattle waiting for the Boston flight. So glad to be confirmed at booking in F since the waitlist is 38 long for a singe seat
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Too late. Back in rainy seattle waiting for the Boston flight. So glad to be confirmed at booking in F since the waitlist is 38 long for a singe seat
"Wait" is getting more and more the norm, longer wait list for upgrades and longer wait times on reservations and award lines. Oh well welcome to the future on AS
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by edgewood49
"Wait" is getting more and more the norm, longer wait list for upgrades and longer wait times on reservations and award lines. Oh well welcome to the future on AS
let's not forget wait for a gate ... and hopefully SEA is done with the wait for a de-icing truck for the next 8 months or more
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Still waiting for photos on FT
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
RAWR just kinda wanna vent a bit but ARGH is it me or has AA reward availability gone to sh!t?

Trying to find SFO-YYZ r/t and ohman almost all results are DL or AS+DL, and at ridiculous times (e.g. 6am departures, 6hr+ layovers, next-day arrivals, etc)

Really hope AS does a partnership with WestJet or something argh %@#$
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by maradori
RAWR just kinda wanna vent a bit but ARGH is it me or has AA reward availability gone to sh!t?

Trying to find SFO-YYZ r/t and ohman almost all results are DL or AS+DL, and at ridiculous times (e.g. 6am departures, 6hr+ layovers, next-day arrivals, etc)

Ever once in a while AA does that one day your gold the next it's $#@@. It's all about not being in an alliance.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by maradori

yes it has gone to sh!t, generally speaking.

-from an ex-EXP, now back on the AS train this year.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still waiting for photos on FT
Well if you joined The Facebook thingie you would have seen them already Maybe this weekend between school and work. It would take longer if i was still going to Japan DO
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
yes it has gone to sh!t, generally speaking.

-from an ex-EXP, now back on the AS train this year.
I got so $#%$@$@$# off I booked BA on one leg and happily paid the vig now I have the exact flight and seats I want
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:56 am

Well if you joined The Facebook thingie you would have seen them already Maybe this weekend between school and work. It would take longer if i was still going to Japan DO
Sad you won't make it.

Always an adventure
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
My return flight tonight on DL through SLC was delayed, with a misconnect to get home. I bought that ticket originally, well because it was cheaper than the non-stop AS, got four hours of F time (even if it would only be a snack basket), catch up on a movie or parts of several, and add some more lines to Flight Memory.

Didn't like any of the rebook options in DL app, but did see that the AS non-stop still had seats. Walked up to the DL counter, promptly rebooked into that one, given a ticket voucher for AS, and a note added that I would be requesting ORC. Went over to AS, got boarding pass, and AS rep added a note to the AS res that ORC would be requested along with routing and fare class details.

Nice job to both AS and DL today! Good people make all the difference!

If all goes well with Mileage Plan customer service, this'll be something like a 25:1 EQM to actual miles. Can't beat that with a stick!
I've read stories here about rejected ORC and Customer Service putting notes on accounts if don't requalify on posted miles (how about my next years GGU's until then?), but AS came through! AS reroute flight taken off and DL F flights posted! Might have helped that I had boarding passes for the original flights. Submitted those via email along with ticket receipt/itinerary and pointed out there were involuntary reroute notes on the res. All posted today about one week after.

OpUp on AA and got to try the breakfast on PDX-PHX. Two meal choices and no weirdo foods. Seated in 4F and both choices were still available. Service, quantity, and quality was ahead of my beloved Eskimo. AS catering take note!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
For the first time in ages, I cannot check in on my phone or online. I suspect this means I'm getting the dreaded SSSS tomorrow at SFO. Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.