Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
What?!! Nobody's posted here in the Bored Room for over two weeks?!!
We must be really boring!

So in that vein, here's a bit of personal aviation esoterica to go with your morning coffee.

Yesterday, I logged my 500,000th mile aboard an Alaska 737-800.

We're not talking about my 500,000th mile over all. In that regard I've logged over 5.1 million miles. No - I'm saying that over 500,000 miles of my 5.1 million total miles have been flown specifically aboard Alaska 737-800s.

I think I'm gonna fire up a celebratory cigar and pour me a glass of Woodford Reserve. Is it okay to smoke in here?
congrats; that's quite a set of statistics!

I crossed the 2M total commercial miles threshold last Mon night aboard AS740 (LAX-BWI) -- with a Woodford in hand
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not until the Captain turns off the no smoking sign.
Well 2C is "my"seat so burn baby burn! Oh, Scotch for me^^^^
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Well 2C is "my"seat so burn baby burn! Oh, Scotch for me^^^^
Hey, 2C is MY seat. At least historically so. Nonetheless, when I used to fly UA frequently "back in the day," more than once I embarrassingly sat in 2D until the proper passenger had to "put me in my place," as UA was A/B/C/D in their narrowbody F cabins, and 2B was my UA seat. Given that in 4+ years I've flown UA a total of one LAX/SFO segment, this is no longer a problem
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Help! My MP account balance is getting dangerously low!

In the past couple of weeks, I've redeemed a OW VX F transcon (25K mi), two OW LAX/SCL/EZE on LA in J (90K mi) and two OW EZE/SFO on AA in J (100K mi). I've got barely over 275K miles remaining. Furthermore, I've got no non-award travel scheduled for over another month.

The only reason I can sleep (and not all that well) at night is the 300K+ sitting in the VX bank
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:50 pm

In the past couple of weeks, I've redeemed a OW VX F transcon (25K mi), two OW LAX/SCL/EZE on LA in J (90K mi) and two OW EZE/SFO on AA in J (100K mi). I've got barely over 275K miles remaining. Furthermore, I've got no non-award travel scheduled for over another month.

The only reason I can sleep (and not all that well) at night is the 300K+ sitting in the VX bank
Well two things i have noticed of late long wait lines at award desk and Ek has been cutting back again, especially to Africa slim to none December
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'm going to have my first weekend at home this year. this week.. not sure to or .

And as always, 100% leisure...$$.

Its ok, I'll be back on an AS plane in under a month ^
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
I'm going to have my first weekend at home this year. this week.. not sure to or .

And as always, 100% leisure...$$.

Its ok, I'll be back on an AS plane in under a month ^
Beckoa, remember we were on the first flight from SEA to PHL and I cut the ribbon, you sat next to me on the flight? Well I am booked on the first one out from PDX to PHL in May !! Red eye but what the hell easy for me to see clients in Philly, you coming along ?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Beckoa, remember we were on the first flight from SEA to PHL and I cut the ribbon, you sat next to me on the flight? Well I am booked on the first one out from PDX to PHL in May !! Red eye but what the hell easy for me to see clients in Philly, you coming along ?
How could I forget

Unfortunately I've already signed up for an inaugural flight that month on the 11th to Indy...

Perhaps you can cut the cake this time

Was the SMF-SJD seasonal Saturday flight announced on FT? And not sure if the Saturday ANC-GEG is returning...
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
First time I ever had caviar was at a celebration prior to an inaugural flight. If Alaska inaugurates anything new into Fairbanks, maybe I'll consider... While caviar is out of the question these days, maybe they'll offer some salmon roe...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
... Unfortunately I've already signed up for an inaugural flight that month on the 11th to Indy ...
I'm booked on the return of that one, but my calendar is starting to look very iffy
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
First time I ever had caviar was at a celebration prior to an inaugural flight. If Alaska inaugurates anything new into Fairbanks, maybe I'll consider... While caviar is out of the question these days, maybe they'll offer some salmon roe...
It will probably be a salad prepared from a record-setting sized bunch of Mat-Su Valley Kale served along side Reindeer Sausage-scented Polenta Cakes.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm still stuck at 2 ribbon cuttings (PDX-ORD and SAN-BOS)

Yea tell me about it. I was almost down to 300 points last night. Luckily I still have 125K tied up in awards i need to cancel. I should be making more soon. I have the following revenue legs over the next 5 weeks.

VX - PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX-SFO-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-PDX
&
AS - BOS-SEA-PDX-LIH-SJC-SEA-BOS.

MVPG requal will be complete by the time I get home. Just hoping no huge snow storms.

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 13, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Really surprised to see Members Only signs out this morning at both main and N clubs. Centurion lounge was getting crowded as I left.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Really surprised to see Members Only signs out this morning at both main and N clubs. Centurion lounge was getting crowded as I left.
Again, Very Very poor planning on AS and wondering what the recent hire on clubrooms is going? I after 14 years dropped my BR using Amex and PP all free. From what I have been told it's going to a few years before anything is done. So why spend the money when Amex and PP is free?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS
Again, Very Very poor planning on AS and wondering what the recent hire on clubrooms is going? I after 14 years dropped my BR using Amex and PP all free. From what I have been told it's going to a few years before anything is done. So why spend the money when Amex and PP is free?
How is Amex free?? I believe that it has a AF of 450. (Plat)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.