Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by seacarl
Let me fix that for you:

N12 gates are such a bad joke [especially when transferring from an FLL inbound]
Just think ladies and gentlemen that is to be the main point for AS in the future! And that SUCKS
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Crazy itinerary

Post deleted at the request of CDKing.

Last edited by AKCuisine; Jan 6, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reason: CDKing requested it be deleted.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Let me guess: SYD-MEL is the only segment of that with actual J availability, and the rest is in Y.

Last edited by jinglish; Jan 6, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:46 pm

Last edited by AKCuisine; Jan 6, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reason: CDKing requested it be deleted.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Just out of curiosity, what days did you enter?

P.S. If in your peregrinations about the Alaska website you should ever stumble across a QF First Class seat from anywhere in North America to/from Australia and don't want it for yourself, please PM me!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:06 pm

Last edited by AKCuisine; Jan 6, 2017 at 4:24 pm Reason: CDKing requested it be deleted.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I realize AS is trying to raise some revenue by being stingy with U space, but they're being a bit too zealous. With the MVP upgrade window well past, my Saturday PDX-BUR flight has ten open F seats on the Embraer and only four elites awaiting upgrades. It's okay, Alaska; I'm going to be sitting in the front of the plane. Just let me pick my seat already.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
And for what it's worth, I'm already holding roundtrip first class tickets on QF for this year. If I opt to cancel, I'll be sure to let you know.
Actually, I hope you go and have a great time - your get well present, as it were.

But I gotta ask - did you find those QF seats on Alaskaair.com or wth the assistance of the partner desk? How many hours did you spend?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
AS Lounge agent made the reclining wife of board room guest wake up from a light nap next to him and be "upright". The couple look like they came in from ANC etc overnight and were miserably tired waiting to connect. North of expected service?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Actually, I hope you go and have a great time - your get well present, as it were.

But I gotta ask - did you find those QF seats on Alaskaair.com or wth the assistance of the partner desk? How many hours did you spend?

I found the QF F tickets on the Alaska Air website, booked in early December for travel in July. Yes, I know that is winter Downunder, but I always travel to Australia during that time because it's far too hot for me during their summer. This Anchorage gal's preferred summer temp no higher than 65 degrees ...

The two tickets I originally booked allow for a 5 day stay. But a few days ago - on a lark - I thought I'd see if there were any other returns available. To my surprise, I found another QF SYD-MEL-LAX award in F available that would essentially make the trip a one-day turn.

Now I'm holding one outbound and two different returns, having not yet made up my mind which dates to keep. Yes, it's a long way to fly if you're not going to tour or sight-see, but I've "been there, done that" several times already. This trip might just be about the flight experience - the journey, rather than the destination.

It's difficult to say how much time I spent searching for that particular award ticket. Every once in a while I spend 30 to 45 minutes - maybe up to an hour - plugging in dates and scanning a range of destinations. That's how I've booked my EK F trips to DXB, HKG, and CDG, and my previous QF F trip to SYD and MEL.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
AS Lounge agent made the reclining wife of board room guest wake up from a light nap next to him and be "upright". The couple look like they came in from ANC etc overnight and were miserably tired waiting to connect. North of expected service?
Interesting enough there seems to be a slight "adjustment' in the BR's these days. Remember we have a lot of new management, none of which seem to be doing anything with the BR's except for some bandaids here and there. No renewal for me this year will rely on PP. After 14 years no less
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer

Maybe they hired a former UA club agent?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...furniture.html
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Maybe they hired a former UA club agent?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...furniture.html
Ouch !! I thought maybe a DL agent. Last time I used a DL Crown room the lade saw I was on AS and said "the enemy" !! Nice touch lady. AND that was at the Crown Room PDX.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Guess its a good thing i didn't go on my MR ANC-KOA. BOS-SEA on DL according to flight aware took 7hr 45 min (not sure how that is possible w/o circling) and arrived late in SEA and would have caused me to misconnect. Not that I was in a rush to get to ANC since i built in a 13 hour layover. I wonder if DL would have rebooked my AS award into a revenue seat to get to ANC in time (DL only has 2x daily SEA-ANC)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by CDKing
Guess its a good thing i didn't go on my MR ANC-KOA. BOS-SEA on DL according to flight aware took 7hr 45 min (not sure how that is possible w/o circling)...
Winds have been horrendous. Last night, MIA/SLC (AA) was a few minutes shy of 6 hours (with just one little aborted landing adding a few extra minutes) and it wasn't even the longest flight time on the route over the past several days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.