Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by pcoll
How is Amex free?? I believe that it has a AF of 450. (Plat)
Ok it is a benefit of having a Amex PLT card I don't think we need to regurgitate the pro's and con's of the fee.

If the BR is jammed, you can't sit no papers the food area is in disarray and just plain dumpy is it worth $300.00 a year ? with no end in sight
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
So apparently the AS forum is empty and all the threads are now in the Mid-Atlantic destination forum.

Huh.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by jinglish
So apparently the AS forum is empty and all the threads are now in the Mid-Atlantic destination forum.

Huh.
Ok.. so I'm not the only one seeing that
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: AS 75K
Who dunnit?

just checked in @ Ogg flying Ogg, sea, pdx, sea, phx, and was asked if I was doing this for miles, as earlier today another gentleman had a similarly quick and crazy reservation who was specifically doing a mileage run. Wondering if that guy is on FT, and if so, tip o the hat to you for not allowing me to be the only one tonight!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by spamman808
just checked in @ Ogg flying Ogg, sea, pdx, sea, phx, and was asked if I was doing this for miles, as earlier today another gentleman had a similarly quick and crazy reservation who was specifically doing a mileage run. Wondering if that guy is on FT, and if so, tip o the hat to you for not allowing me to be the only one tonight!
There are plenty more folks running MR's who aren't on FT... why they aren't on FT, that's a good question
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
There are plenty more folks running MR's who aren't on FT... why they aren't on FT, that's a good question
Closet FTers. The lurking kind (I know you are reading this) or they just read blogs with the information stolen from FT because they are lazy
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Really surprised to see Members Only signs out this morning at both main and N clubs.
That's a harsh way to control overcrowding. If I had a jacket, it's gone to Goodwill long long ago and not something I consider an essential carry on.

Completely unrelated, had a terrific day today! I overslept thanks to a non-functioning alarm and woke up 5 minutes before takeoff. Counter was unstaffed when I arrived but Gold line rebooked me onto the next flight, in 20B, and thanked me for being a Gold. Thank me? Thank you Alaska for covering my error!

My return flight tonight on DL through SLC was delayed, with a misconnect to get home. I bought that ticket originally, well because it was cheaper than the non-stop AS, got four hours of F time (even if it would only be a snack basket), catch up on a movie or parts of several, and add some more lines to Flight Memory.

Didn't like any of the rebook options in DL app, but did see that the AS non-stop still had seats. Walked up to the DL counter, promptly rebooked into that one, given a ticket voucher for AS, and a note added that I would be requesting ORC. Went over to AS, got boarding pass, and AS rep added a note to the AS res that ORC would be requested along with routing and fare class details.

Nice job to both AS and DL today! Good people make all the difference!

If all goes well with Mileage Plan customer service, this'll be something like a 25:1 EQM to actual miles. Can't beat that with a stick!

Off to Kenny and Zuke's for a some pastrami and quality jet watching time! I'm going to miss DL as a partner after April. And those routes in Flight Memory.

Last edited by rustykettel; Mar 8, 2017 at 7:08 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
That's a harsh way to control overcrowding. If I had a jacket, it's gone to Goodwill long long ago and not something I consider an essential carry on.

Completely unrelated, had a terrific day today! I overslept thanks to a non-functioning alarm and woke up 5 minutes before takeoff. Counter was unstaffed when I arrived but Gold line rebooked me onto the next flight, in 20B, and thanked me for being a Gold. Thank me? Thank you Alaska for covering my error!

My return flight tonight on DL through SLC was delayed, with a misconnect to get home. I bought that ticket originally, well because it was cheaper than the non-stop AS, got four hours of F time (even if it would only be a snack basket), catch up on a movie or parts of several, and add some more lines to Flight Memory.

Didn't like any of the rebook options in DL app, but did see that the AS non-stop still had seats. Walked up to the DL counter, promptly rebooked into that one, given a ticket voucher for AS, and a note added that I would be requesting ORC. Went over to AS, got boarding pass, and AS rep added a note to the AS res that ORC would be requested along with routing and fare class details.

Nice job to both AS and DL today! Good people make all the difference!

If all goes well with Mileage Plan customer service, this'll be something like a 25:1 EQM to actual miles. Can't beat that with a stick!

Off to Kenny and Zuke's for a some pastrami and quality jet watching time! I'm going to miss DL as a partner after April. And those routes in Flight Memory.

Monday I had to fly down to Orange County went into BR sign out front NO PP Now I have not renewed my BR after 14 years due to the lack of anything from AS. I do however fly FC so I am good. In talking to the staff there they explained the issue, but it was not until I witnessed the PP rush did I fully understand. About an hour or so after the long haul flights left the clubroom cleared out, they took the sign off and there was a RUSH of PP coming in, almost like they were lurking !! within 5 minutes they had to cut it off again.

Total disaster for PP and AS. American Express Centurion rooms are also being jammed. This whole issue of PP etc needs to be addressed pretty damn fast. LAX was the same last week.

Bottom line I can see and understand AS on this. Remember they get $25 a pop
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:41 am

Is there a snowball's chance that an MVP Gold and MVP flying to KOA from PDX will be upgraded? We moved to AS from DL last year and have been so happy with how often we get upgraded. We usually just buy or use a GGU for flights this long but there is no upgrade space to buy.

Any tips? I know, no one is psychic, but do people ever get the upgrade to HI? I know on DL there were plenty of routes where you just didn't even think about it. The chance was not even there unless you were DM.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
Is there a snowball's chance that an MVP Gold and MVP flying to KOA from PDX will be upgraded? We moved to AS from DL last year and have been so happy with how often we get upgraded. We usually just buy or use a GGU for flights this long but there is no upgrade space to buy.

Any tips? I know, no one is psychic, but do people ever get the upgrade to HI? I know on DL there were plenty of routes where you just didn't even think about it. The chance was not even there unless you were DM.
depending on status the earlier you make your reservation the better chance you have
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
depending on status the earlier you make your reservation the better chance you have
Well it's also based on fare class now... so there is that monkey wrench...

I'd say there is a chance...maybe. How does the F cabin look already? Chances have decreased with the reconfiguration of the 73H F cabin.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Well it's also based on fare class now... so there is that monkey wrench...

I'd say there is a chance...maybe. How does the F cabin look already? Chances have decreased with the reconfiguration of the 73H F cabin.
Ah, good point on the "new"cabins which I happened to like. The room is great and the person in the window seat does not have to be a contortionist to get out.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
Gogo Pricing - error?

I admit that I usually buy gogo passes in advance because they tend to save a few dollars. I did today but when I got on the plane, AS 764 PDX - DCA, I looked at the prices for the first time in a long time. It was showing a flight pass for $30.95 and an all day pass for $40.95.

Is this what the charge is now? I know it's a long flight but really? I was wondering if these were legitimate or if it was an error. Anyone else looked at prices on these longer flights recently?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AKDan
I admit that I usually buy gogo passes in advance because they tend to save a few dollars. I did today but when I got on the plane, AS 764 PDX - DCA, I looked at the prices for the first time in a long time. It was showing a flight pass for $30.95 and an all day pass for $40.95.

Is this what the charge is now? I know it's a long flight but really? I was wondering if these were legitimate or if it was an error. Anyone else looked at prices on these longer flights recently?
I don't remember if it was quite that high, but I remember being surprised by how expensive it was on the JFK-SFO segment of my mileage run last week. I think even the advance-purchase day passes had gone up a few bucks since the last time I'd bought one, but the on-the-plane increase is crazy.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by jinglish
I don't remember if it was quite that high, but I remember being surprised by how expensive it was on the JFK-SFO segment of my mileage run last week. I think even the advance-purchase day passes had gone up a few bucks since the last time I'd bought one, but the on-the-plane increase is crazy.
Oh it's getting that bad, AS is milking this one good. That coupled with the lousy speed because of the old equipment AS has makes it hard to swallow. At least I get 10 free passes from AMeX and save those for cross country and buy my shorter flights online before flight time, doesn't mean I like it. It's akin to the damn Boardrooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.