Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Would love to see BofA match the CSP/SCR with a card of their own, with transferable points to AS.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Horizon Pilot Shortage

Has anyone heard about Horizon cancelling flights due to a shortage of pilots on the Q400? Gary Leff wrote about this morning in blog. Suppose to be August to September effecting Seattle/Portland/Boise/Sacramento
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Has anyone heard about Horizon cancelling flights due to a shortage of pilots on the Q400?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-shortage.html
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Tom, that was a yes/no question You didn't answer with a yes or no.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Tom, that was a yes/no question You didn't answer with a yes or no.
So sorry. "Yes."
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
So sorry. "Yes."
wonder if part of the reason is transitioning pilots to the 175's ? Oh well
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Notice in the ten years blog post:

Last year, Alaska also tested electronic bag tags.
I take it that means the test is over. Like small plates.

Completely unrelated and with apologies to Daphne DuMaurier, last night I dreamed of AA. I had a F boarding pass but after some delay in getting beverage service, I somehow ended up in coach and fell asleep. I woke up on landing to CLT without getting back to my original seat. Very disappointing as it was a lie-flat too.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Notice in the ten years blog post:

I take it that means the test is over. Like small plates.
I noticed on my mobile BP that if I clicked on the electronic bag tag it shows the bag number. I was not part of any test, I just assumed that now if you check a bag you can use the mobile BP as a place to store the bag tag number automatically
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:03 am

I am not sure how everyone else feels about this pilot shortage at Horizon but I have about had it. In the recent few weeks I continue to get flight change notices and at times the same damn flights change and then changed again, this sucks especially when it concerns long time reservations for overseas vacations. I generally booked out for many regular flights now I am being hammered.

There have been several articles regarding this complete mismanagement of Horizon and frankly the top should be fired for this and the "knee jerk" reactions by them. There is no damn excuse for what is happening. I have a friend who is a senior captain at one of the freight haulers and he tells me they have been hiring pilots away from Horizon two just started.

I wonder just wonder if the wheels are coming off AS? This rapid expansion, Virgin purchase just to keep pace with DL. The problem AS has it does not have the infrastructure DL has.

And oh, has anyone noticed how dirty these planes are getting?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I am not sure how everyone else feels about this pilot shortage at Horizon but I have about had it. In the recent few weeks I continue to get flight change notices and at times the same damn flights change and then changed again, this sucks especially when it concerns long time reservations for overseas vacations. I generally booked out for many regular flights now I am being hammered.

There have been several articles regarding this complete mismanagement of Horizon and frankly the top should be fired for this and the "knee jerk" reactions by them. There is no damn excuse for what is happening. I have a friend who is a senior captain at one of the freight haulers and he tells me they have been hiring pilots away from Horizon two just started.

I wonder just wonder if the wheels are coming off AS? This rapid expansion, Virgin purchase just to keep pace with DL. The problem AS has it does not have the infrastructure DL has.

And oh, has anyone noticed how dirty these planes are getting?

One can not make this up, 10 minutes after I wrote that last post in comes yet another schedule change! THEN I just got hit with another one that their suggestive change as totally unacceptable which I told the agent I was connecting to an international flight out of SFO one does not allow just an hour leeway between scheduled arrival in and international out at SFO.

Is this ever going to end? Maybe if they get a new CEO at Horizon
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:44 am

Made the first and only seat assignments on a 739 only four months out. I think that's the first time I've seen a completely empty seat map when booking.

Also bizarrely, there's a guy riding a bike down the alley in front of me, miles from any airport, but wearing a AA ground crew reflective vest with the old logo.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'd be avoiding ANY QX flights (except those out of ANC) for the forseeable future.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
I'd be avoiding ANY QX flights (except those out of ANC) for the forseeable future.
Too late!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I've had 2, 4-hour+ flights this week where several people in First did not stop talking the whole flight.

Ugh. Even noise cancelling headphones is not helping.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:50 pm

WARNING HORIZON is changing and then yet again changing trips that flights are being dropped etc. I went into "my trips" today to discover that one of my trips (four flights) was dropped out of "My trips" and when the agent restored it a leg ( important one I might add) was totally eliminated ! It took sometime to get this resolved.

KEEP CHECKING your advance reservations it's getting weird at Horizon and it seems one can not totally rely on them presently. Maybe they will get a new CEO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.