Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Has anyone had an issue with the new tags breaking? I had to write and ask for more sending them a picture of the crack where the lanyard attaches. One would think.
Over the years they do deteriorate. But one can frequently find a resupply at DO's Speaking of which... I might need to secure some for BRW...

Also Beckoa can you start a petition to AS "No More Tortellini" ?
I imagine AS has seen this is an item on sale at Costco this month. And I can't complain if they use that one as I am a sucker for salami

Originally Posted by rustykettel
That it did, and I already pay attention! I'd say QX's safety briefing is one of the better ones out there. There seems to be a bit of theatrics by policy/culture but some of the FA's really get into it and ham it up a bit. Contrast that to other airlines where the FA's are annoyed/bored when doing the demo rather than having a video screen do it for them.
I find it sad for FA's who have to stand thru the briefing. Different airlines/countries provide an interesting contrast- KL is very basic, DL has the video, CX points out the exits towards the end of the video and KE was mostly video too (but something was still different with them- can't recall quite what). And this has all been in the past month

As for AS- I haven't heard the "return the seat cushion" bit yet- but once someone mentioned the life vest was complimentary.

Oh - and this is all shared from the EL of the PRG Hilton

Just enjoyed on rocks some Becherovka ^
Old May 2, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Was thinking about PDXPremier at the Puerto Vallarta Walmart last night.. at about $1USD a bottle, no wonder AS is dumping that stuff on the fruit. At least four or more "flavors" out there!

Staying at the apparent crew hotel next to PVR. Saw someone wearing a More to Love tshirt at breakfast yesterday and a full cabin crew checking-in in the afternoon. Ran into a super friendly Seattle FA in the elevator. Wife told him we really like Alaska and then blew our credibility by mentioning "Alaska just started flying here, right?". I love my wife to death but she's not an avgeek by any measure.
Attached Images  
Old May 2, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by beckoa
Over the years they do deteriorate. But one can frequently find a resupply at DO's Speaking of which... I might need to secure some for BRW...

I imagine AS has seen this is an item on sale at Costco this month. And I can't complain if they use that one as I am a sucker for salami

I find it sad for FA's who have to stand thru the briefing. Different airlines/countries provide an interesting contrast- KL is very basic, DL has the video, CX points out the exits towards the end of the video and KE was mostly video too (but something was still different with them- can't recall quite what). And this has all been in the past month

As for AS- I haven't heard the "return the seat cushion" bit yet- but once someone mentioned the life vest was complimentary.

Oh - and this is all shared from the EL of the PRG Hilton

B,

Since Westjet just ordered their 787's shouldn't we start a rumor that AS is ordering as well?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Cool, you can bring some over on Saturday.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
B,

Since Westjet just ordered their 787's shouldn't we start a rumor that AS is ordering as well?
Rumor? It was confirmed by AS on Facebook.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Work late on Saturday

Did enjoy some for breakfast in the PRG PP lounge this morning ^
Old May 3, 2017, 1:02 am

B,

Apparently AS did look at it... but thus far hasn't committed

*well said no for now.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:18 am

Apparently AS did look at it... but thus far hasn't committed

*well said no for now.
Ah this could have some "legs" !!^^^^^
Old May 3, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
maybe 4500 miles or more
Old May 3, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
maybe 4500 miles or more
OUCH !!!!!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Booked PDX-BWI yesterday for June 8 not realizing that the inaugural flight is two days prior. Now trying to decide if I should change to June 6. hmmm
Old May 11, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by sturges
Booked PDX-BWI yesterday for June 8 not realizing that the inaugural flight is two days prior. Now trying to decide if I should change to June 6. hmmm
FT really should have a rep onboard
Old May 11, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
FT really should have a rep onboard
1A (booked on 3/9, but as of ~48 hrs ago it looks like work may get in the way )
Old May 16, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
I think it's still there
Old May 16, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I think it's still there
Yup, waiting for the Alaska DO next month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.