Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by makfan
For the first time in ages, I cannot check in on my phone or online. I suspect this means I'm getting the dreaded SSSS tomorrow at SFO. Sigh.
I've been unable to check-in online a few times after being upgraded relatively close to flight time. It required check-in at the airport.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Gold
Lonnng wait to checkin + bag drop at FLL for AS35 today. The reason? Ran out of bag tags and reps had to hand write up tags for everybody. Poor gal said it was the 2nd flight this week they had to do this.

With everything hand written/no bar code... guessing there will be some 20min guarantee vouchers going out tonight!

Last edited by pdubak; Mar 29, 2017 at 8:32 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Everyone's current fav F meal gets a shout out in the 13 signs you’re an Alaska Airlines super fan blog post. Alternate hashtags: #notarealmeal #shouldaflownDL #FandCsubpls

Anyone know where #9 can be obtained? Mrs. rustykettel would probably not appreciate more junk. Impressed that the wheel lock is on. Attention to detail on that one!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Everyone's current fav F meal gets a shout out in the 13 signs you’re an Alaska Airlines super fan blog post. Alternate hashtags: #notarealmeal #shouldaflownDL #FandCsubpls

Anyone know where #9 can be obtained? Mrs. rustykettel would probably not appreciate more junk. Impressed that the wheel lock is on. Attention to detail on that one!
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but do we know when the new lounge in SFO will open?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ffman999
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but do we know when the new lounge in SFO will open?
turn of the century All kidding aside that depends on AS if they consolidate on the Virgin side or stay with the new terminal remodel. In any event AS is moving slow when it comes to the BR's
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
turn of the century All kidding aside that depends on AS if they consolidate on the Virgin side or stay with the new terminal remodel. In any event AS is moving slow when it comes to the BR's
...And you thought the POS was bad
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
...And you thought the POS was bad
Frankly it is beyond me why AS has been so slow to respond to the demand for lounge space. They announce a significant increase in flights out of SAN yet for years FF's have been hounding them about opening an existing clubroom their answer not enough demand. Hell look around that terminal during operations.

Portland is packed and it will be years before anything is done to ease the pain there. Oh well, just let me finish my march to 1mm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:50 pm

EUG almost had an A330 visitor this morning. DL179 was going to give it one go on 10R at PDX then head to EUG if that didn't work. Fortunately they got in. The earlier 767 from NRT tried once on 10R then bailed for SEA.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
EUG almost had an A330 visitor this morning. DL179 was going to give it one go on 10R at PDX then head to EUG if that didn't work. Fortunately they got in. The earlier 767 from NRT tried once on 10R then bailed for SEA.
It's the wild west here today on approaches.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
EUG's booming! Upgauging back to mainline service (on UA), expanded destinations, now almost widebody international service.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Hi, does somebody know whether I get bonus miles / Avios if I booked coach and buy First upgrade before CI or do I get the miles according to the orig. booking class? Orig. booking class is G.

I've no Mileage Plan account, only BAEC.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sch7458
Hi, does somebody know whether I get bonus miles / Avios if I booked coach and buy First upgrade before CI or do I get the miles according to the orig. booking class? Orig. booking class is G.

I've no Mileage Plan account, only BAEC.
Original booking class.

Upgrades are booked into U class.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by beckoa
Original booking class.

Upgrades are booked into U class.
Pretty straightforward. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
calling in to the MVP line ... "To receive a call back, press 1; for other options, press 2"

do nothing ... "Your response was invalid; to receive a call back, press 1; for other options, press 2"

press 2
"blah blah press 1, mumble mumble press 2, to remain on hold, press 3"

WHY DOESN'T THE FIRST RECORDING JUST ADD "To remain on hold, press 3"
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
calling in to the MVP line ... "To receive a call back, press 1; for other options, press 2"

do nothing ... "Your response was invalid; to receive a call back, press 1; for other options, press 2"

press 2
"blah blah press 1, mumble mumble press 2, to remain on hold, press 3"

WHY DOESN'T THE FIRST RECORDING JUST ADD "To remain on hold, press 3"
It's been a source of frustration for me too.

Greetings from TYO!

LAX-HKG yesterday was 16+ hours (897) due to headwinds, routing, and a hold. Apparently there was even a signal. (wx)

Being the only pax in F? Awesome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.