Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jrl767
oooooookay, that could be interesting

I think UA put a couple rows of “Economy Plus” (their equivalent of PC) in the ex-CO DH4s, but can’t say for sure if that’s still extant
Better than that!

Q400 First Class Retrofit Update
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel

No matter how much "lipstick" you put on that plane its still a Q and seats are hard as %$^%@&^% !!!! Loud cold in winter hot in summer other than that it's fine for short short flights
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
The best part about the Q is that the person in front of me is not able to recline into my lap - and if I can snag a seat without someone sitting next to me I consider it to be "FC"
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ctporter
The best part about the Q is that the person in front of me is not able to recline into my lap - and if I can snag a seat without someone sitting next to me I consider it to be "FC"
I always choose 1B for almost unlimted leg-room when I am not playing "footsie" with the FA during take-off & landing. We are proudly all "Q" At least it gives me access the the AS network so I don't (Q)ibble as I am Dash(ing) away.

James
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I always choose 1B for almost unlimted leg-room when I am not playing "footsie" with the FA during take-off & landing. We are proudly all "Q" At least it gives me access the the AS network so I don't (Q)ibble as I am Dash(ing) away.

James
Good sense of humor while BOI use to be all "Q" now we have moved up in the world.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
-----

Last edited by rune87; Sep 23, 2019 at 11:47 pm
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Expedia Gold, British Airways Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I am 99% sure I saw an Alaskan B737 MAX take off from O'Hare yesterday at around 6 PM - can this be right?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
AS Airplane Models YVR Airport

DL Models just behind. Irony?

Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
nice to see my airplane there
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

I am sure we all have read the bloggers reaction to AS changing the stop over rules for Asian flights and all the bemoaning by them. Frankly these very bloggers have a lot to due to many of the changes AS has undergone in the FF program, I for one am sick of these so called "travel experts" bloggers and their insistent bragging about how they scammed the systems many without even paying for one flight! I point this out to a few adding if you call AS partner desk first thing they do is look up your account, they know who you are! Just ponder this "what If" none of these bloggers were around what would our AS award charts look like?

Sorry for the rant but just had to
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I for one am sick of these so called "travel experts" bloggers and their insistent bragging about how they scammed the systems many without even paying for one flight!
In terms of folks that never fly Alaska buying miles for these redemptions, I put all the blame on Alaska. They could easily require some minimum amount of Alaska flying before you're allowed to buy miles, but they don't. I see they did put a 150,000 mile cap on purchases recently for those that don't fly the airline or don't have elite status, but clearly they see it as a profit center to continue to allow it. The balls in their court.
Eastbay1K and rustykettel like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It does concern me how frequently AS has those mile sales... it's just going to escalate the eventual devaluation of the miles we've earned as more & more people buy those miles, and redeem on partners. It's basically what caused the huge spike in EK redemptions.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Ursa81
I am 99% sure I saw an Alaskan B737 MAX take off from O'Hare yesterday at around 6 PM - can this be right?
It's possible perhaps. Nothing shows up for the AS tail numbers in Flight Radar 24, but they haven't been delivered so could flying under a Boeing tail number? Boeing has said they conducted hundreds of test flights since the grounding. They still have their own aircraft apparently like this one though:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n7201s/
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rustykettel
It's possible perhaps. Nothing shows up for the AS tail numbers in Flight Radar 24, but they haven't been delivered so could flying under a Boeing tail number? Boeing has said they conducted hundreds of test flights since the grounding. They still have their own aircraft apparently like this one though:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n7201s/
it's more than test flights ... since the ramp space at BFI and PAE is densely packed already, they've been ferrying the jets to storage/parking in a host of places such as MWH, SKF (Kelly AFB, near SAT); wouldn't be at all surprised if some are at CHS as well, although FlightAware doesn't show any BFI-CHS flights in the past week

note the Cessna 208 N208BA that's also going BFI-MWH ... that's how they get the MAX pilots back home
rustykettel likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by tom911
In terms of folks that never fly Alaska buying miles for these redemptions, I put all the blame on Alaska. They could easily require some minimum amount of Alaska flying before you're allowed to buy miles, but they don't. I see they did put a 150,000 mile cap on purchases recently for those that don't fly the airline or don't have elite status, but clearly they see it as a profit center to continue to allow it. The balls in their court.
Tom, while there is an argument for your comment for me AS has always had a pretty good reward program especially the EK however I submit the hackers and bloggers out there have their share of the blame. I also agree with you about "minimium " miles on Alaska highly doubt that will happen but capping or closing some of the back doors might help.It just rubbed me the wrong way when so bloggers wrote that AS had done it again without notice.

Travel safe
tom911 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.