Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
< coffee on keyboard >

that's excellent!!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
worst case of AS Gate Licing that I’ve seen in a long time

it’s T-30 for AS849 IAD-SEA

GA just closed the door behind the arriving crew, and this 75K made a break for the front of the F boarding lane
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

aaaaaand of course he’s my seatmate in Row 1 :/
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I do this sometimes...

I'm going to be sitting down for the next several hours so I'd rather stand for 20 minutes or so, and why not in line? I think to be true gate lice, you have to be standing around in the way of things when the groups before yours are boarding.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Ground stop at SEA due to winds. Was wondering why jets were doing donuts over Central Oregon.

Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ground stop at SEA due to winds. Was wondering why jets were doing donuts over Central Oregon.

designated safe holding area
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
When you bring Fish&Chips onto an AS Flight: #IFryAlaska
When you go go on a spending spree with their BoB menu: #IBuyAlaska
When you sob for your non-functioning LVX Seat #ICryAlaska
When you're testing AS product to see if you like it: #ITryAlaska
When you didn't get your MVP Upgrade: #ISighAlaska
maradori, rustykettel and williwaw like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice

when AS IT incomprehensibly burps and totally hoses your trips, mileage, booking searches, etc: #OhWhyAlaska
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so I’ve generally been able to check bags on DL as early as T-6 hours ... we’ll be traveling for ~3 weeks; when we went to drop off the dog earlier this afternoon I decided to bring our checked bags with us, since we would be going past the airport on the way back home ... agent says sorry, it’s T-4

the purpose of dropping bags early was to avoid renting a car downtown to return at the airport, and since we still had a bunch of stuff to do at home before requesting an Uber, I asked the agent to SDC me to the SEA-SAN flight leaving in 2.5 hours, check the bags through to BWI, and “revert” (his term) the SDC back to the original booking ... Mrs767 just rolled her eyes, but everything worked smoothly

the only remaining concern is that is that there were no F seats on the earlier flight, so when he put me back on the original flight I got upgraded to PC and then F ... which means my BP shows “U” instead of “P” ... which means it’ll likely take some effort to get Lounge access and the 75% Class-of-Service bonus for that segment
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:33 am

Couldn't find a thread on this.. but flying a refreshed Airbus ex VX plane today. Screens are so much nicer! First class seats look really nice too (updated from old VX seats or at least got a new reupholstery).
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by barabuski
Couldn't find a thread on this.. but flying a refreshed Airbus ex VX plane today. Screens are so much nicer! First class seats look really nice too (updated from old VX seats or at least got a new reupholstery).
I don’t think it’s refreshed or there wouldn’t be any screens. Those should all be gone.
leland and jinglish like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:06 am

This IFE screen is significantly different than anything I have seen on past Airbus flights. Maybe I missed something though. Similar to those on some int'l flights I've had on other carriers.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:13 am

This IFE screen is significantly different than anything I have seen on past Airbus flights. Maybe I missed something though. Similar to those on some int'l flights I've had on other carriers.
I believe that is the A321 Neo
DrAlex likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX

I believe that is the A321 Neo
That would make a lot of sense. I'm a fan!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite

Ooooooooh looks similar to the IFE that AC uses on their newer aircraft

I'm curious what the two red dots beside the middle red dot are should we bring band aids on AS flights to cover those up? lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.