Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by maradori
Ooooooooh looks similar to the IFE that AC uses on their newer aircraft

I'm curious what the two red dots beside the middle red dot are should we bring band aids on AS flights to cover those up? lol
It's a Panasonic system, same as what's found on a good chunk of DL's fleet; I think the older VX IFE panels are just an older Panasonic product too. The red dots are the infrared emitters for motion-based screen waking.
maradori likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by barabuski
That would make a lot of sense. I'm a fan!
Don't get too attached... Alaska is tearing the NEO interiors all out this year (assuming they meet their publicized schedule). Some NEOs are less than a year old.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had an epic thunderstorm last night (for Alaska standards). 1/4" hail, lightning and thunder. Started getting dark, some rain, and then wham!

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/weat...ages-in-years/

Apparently there are some thunderstorms forecast for tonight- haven't seen any... yet.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Also related but forgot to post earlier; apparently an AS jet did have a strike flying into BET earlier in the week:

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Fl...509889801.html
Old May 27, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Anyone here actually use the streaming entertainment or do you find yourself just downloading prior?
I'm finding myself doing the latter more and more when there isn't a seatback screen in front of me, especially since the magazine doesn't quite accurately show what's going to be available and Alaska Beyond/GoGo tend to be more laggy.

That being said, I must thank AS for getting me into HouseHunters.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf
Anyone here actually use the streaming entertainment or do you find yourself just downloading prior?
I'm finding myself doing the latter more and more when there isn't a seatback screen in front of me, especially since the magazine doesn't quite accurately show what's going to be available and Alaska Beyond/GoGo tend to be more laggy.

I reluctantly stream. I prefer the digeplayer (inflight tablet) but its becoming more difficult to get a hold of these...
osubeavers01 likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mfolf

I usually will download a few things from Netflix/Prime Video etc to keep me occupied. I prefer the seatback IFE so I can text or do other things on my phone in-flight, but if I'm low on content of my own, I'll occasionally stream. I do find that it can get a little choppy / buffer or that it misaligns the audio/video more frequently than I'd like, though.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I always check what is streaming first, to see if there's anything of interest that I haven't caught yet. I think they do a pretty good job with their selection of movies.

If I've seen everything, or nothing is of interest... I always have a few items downloaded as backup.

I know when I'm flying home from my 4th of July trip I will download and watch as much Stranger Things season 3 as I can get through on the 4h 25m flight
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Any of you bored (;D) types want to help me with an "AS as Possible" approach to getting from PNW (pdx/sea) to Pensacola/Panama City FLA area? (ECP/PNS/VPS). TLH would be an option but it's definitely a longer drive for where I'm headed. Dates a little up in the air, just looking for route tips really, with a mind towards earning miles of course.
Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Any of you bored (;D) types want to help me with an "AS as Possible" approach to getting from PNW (pdx/sea) to Pensacola/Panama City FLA area? (ECP/PNS/VPS). TLH would be an option but it's definitely a longer drive for where I'm headed. Dates a little up in the air, just looking for route tips really, with a mind towards earning miles of course.
Thanks
SEA or PDX to MCO or TPA on AS || MCO or TPA to PNS or VPS on Silver Airways? Seems like the AvGeek way to me...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
for the true mileage-accumulation AS geek:
SEA-PDX-MCO
PDX/SEA-SFO/SAN-MCO
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
sea-pdx-mco
pae-pdx-sea-mco
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
pae-pdx-sea-mco
nice touch there!
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Thanks gang...
I didn't mean to imply I was after a *run* but, nevertheless
If anyone else has other route ideas please lmk!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Thanks gang...
I didn't mean to imply I was after a *run* but, nevertheless
If anyone else has other route ideas please lmk!
PAE-PHX-SEA-JFK-LAX-SFO-BOS-SAN-MCO would be more my style.... lol

James
mildfrequence and RAD_PDX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.