Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
If by "AB crews" you mean Airbus/pmVX crews, just a note that cross-fleet training has been happening for some time. On my DCA-SEA flight last week, one of the two FAs I chatted with had completed it already, and the other was going in for her training days later that week. I believe the goal was to have some combined pmVX and AS crews in the next few months.
I should have been more specific ( in my former world when I say "crew") I met cockpit crew.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
SEA-GEG is 5hr 49min!!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sturges
SEA-GEG is 5hr 49min!!
are they driving the Q400 over the pass?
PABE, rustykettel and williwaw like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Those SEA delays are just out of control. At least AS is starting to be realistic.
PABE likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:16 am

On my job yesterday I saw a sign that had been printed out on the machine I was evaluating about when the product would be ready. It said: ETA - sometime between now and then. It cracked me up and made me think of SEA lately.
pcoll and williwaw like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Those SEA delays are just out of control. At least AS is starting to be realistic.
The terminals look like a third world country. I love their plan to renovate the vast majority of food concessions at one time, not that anyone goes to the airport for the food. One can only hope that in all the mess they have a plan and part of that plan includes the bathrooms which are in an inexcusable condition.

My international trips I have switched to SFO as much as I dreaded to it's better than SEA
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49
the bathrooms which are in an inexcusable condition.
It's part of a plot to sell AL memberships.

I must have been asleep before because I never noticed that the urinals lack privacy dividers until last month.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS
As water-dropping helicopters continue to fly over our house- asking if we all can take a minute to keep emergency personnel and all those home owners waiting to find out if they still have a home in our thoughts.
We are sheltering a family here in Thousand Oaks, who still do not know if their house is standing in Westlake Village.
Also, please keep in your thoughts those who lost their lives in the Thousand Oaks shooting. We know 2 families that are planning funerals for sons lost in the attack.
The last 4-5 days have been hell for Thousand Oaks and surrounding community.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
As water-dropping helicopters continue to fly over our house- asking if we all can take a minute to keep emergency personnel and all those home owners waiting to find out if they still have a home in our thoughts.
We are sheltering a family here in Thousand Oaks, who still do not know if their house is standing in Westlake Village.
Also, please keep in your thoughts those who lost their lives in the Thousand Oaks shooting. We know 2 families that are planning funerals for sons lost in the attack.
The last 4-5 days have been hell for Thousand Oaks and surrounding community.
My thoughts and prayers going out to all involved.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
The terminals look like a third world country. I love their plan to renovate the vast majority of food concessions at one time, not that anyone goes to the airport for the food. One can only hope that in all the mess they have a plan and part of that plan includes the bathrooms which are in an inexcusable condition.
The Port has made a number of decisions that only a non-accountable government entity can get away with. Closing down the central terminal area for construction for two full years seems like it is beyond stupid - it's hard to believe that couldn't have been done faster or in stage.
The colossal waste of the Rental Car Center and the fleet of 29 rental card buses that have completely gummed up the arrivals drive... while that $600 million project was promoted as reducing congestion is right up there, too.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
The Port has made a number of decisions that only a non-accountable government entity can get away with. Closing down the central terminal area for construction for two full years seems like it is beyond stupid - it's hard to believe that couldn't have been done faster or in stage.
The colossal waste of the Rental Car Center and the fleet of 29 rental card buses that have completely gummed up the arrivals drive... while that $600 million project was promoted as reducing congestion is right up there, too.
Not only the center court but up the c/d gates as well. And frankly who wants to use the bathrooms ? Thankfully I can use the AMEX or AS lounges. I was told by AS personnel they are hard parking jets making us walk down the steps and to the terminal so tell me AS how does that work? It's bad enough their 175 operation hell JNB has better ramp service than SEA
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:20 pm

I’ve got a pit in my stomach feeling for tomorrow’s flight. 50 minute connection in SEA and no seat availability on an earlier flight to SDC. Already mapping alternatives.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:34 pm

I’ve got a pit in my stomach feeling for tomorrow’s flight. 50 minute connection in SEA and no seat availability on an earlier flight to SDC. Already mapping alternatives.

Good luck us e the bathroom on the plane before you land
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:41 pm

Good luck us e the bathroom on the plane before you land
It’s a Q, so trying to save that experience for a special day. Maybe a hot midsummer one.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

It’s a Q, so trying to save that experience for a special day. Maybe a hot midsummer one.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.