Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by quemalo
I really wish Alaska didn't have approved flight numbers for partner flights. Denied credit on a BA-marketed, BA-operated flight, because it's a newish flight number and so not in the approved list.
Appeal this. There are some weird exclusions, like BA CityFlyer flights, but AS does seem willing to credit in these cases if you escalate.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
The hokey pokey was just performed at gate 51B on the delayed SFO-PDX. Glad to see some pmVX people still having fun with “blah airlines”. ^
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by edgewood49
your kidding DAMN your right well that sucks big time. How is one to pay for EK tickets these days.

This is a case for Beckoa to search out!!!!!! Ok B earn your keep.

I said the something I also called the MVP desk and they filed a report to the internet group, that was a month ago nothing. I listed four r/t tickets that I bought and no offer to buy miles
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by rustykettel
AS is no longer hawking miles during flight purchases. Still have the travel insurance option there.
They were still hawking them on my SEA-ANC flight on Sunday, including the "Bonus" miles.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Just an FYI for those who don't check in on CommunityBuzz: there's a September Seattle DO in the works.
jackal and ctporter like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
That amazing moment when you waste a GGU only for there to still be 4U available at the Gold Window...Sigh. I knew I should have waited but was worried about being on a Q fare..only to forget thats an upper fare. I wish we could go in Alpha order of high to low.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Misloading or change?

Noticed that the full size Alaska Beyond was in the seat pockets on my QX Q400 flight. Has the cut down Horizon edition been discontinued?

Totally unrelated, I have a trade show this time of the year in Portland. For the first time in three years, my flights weren't cancelled!^ (The return was delayed about twenty minutes.) I'm gonna miss picking up discount codes.

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 1, 2018 at 5:38 pm Reason: autocorrect mistake
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Noticed that the full size Alaska Beyond was in the seat pockets on my QX Q400 flight. Has the cut down Horizon edition been discontinued?

Totally unrelated, I have a trade show this time of the year in Portland. For the first time in three years, my flights weren't cancelled!^ (The return was delayed about twenty minutes.) I'm gonna miss picking up discount codes.
Flights in and out of SEA all %$#%#%@$ up due to the Blue Angels practicing.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:14 pm

Seafair happens every year
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Seafair happens every year

I know but apparently yesterdays delays were worse than ever when I called the gold desk while at the airport ( lines were worst than I have ever seen there ) they told that the east coast was also experiencing issues as well. Next trip is my mm flight!
Be glad to get that over with.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:33 am

Welcome to the 1MM community. Let us know how AS recognizes your new status.👍👍
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:44 am

There seems to be some shortage of E175s at the moment- the dreaded Q400 seat map just showed up on my Tuesday PDX-OAK flight and I see it’s at least Q400 for a few days. A very unwelcome return for my last week of commuting
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:11 pm

Thanks should be next Monday as I understand your boarding pass will reflect the mm at least that's what I was told by an agent at DCA two weeks ago.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
There seems to be some shortage of E175s at the moment- the dreaded Q400 seat map just showed up on my Tuesday PDX-OAK flight and I see it’s at least Q400 for a few days. A very unwelcome return for my last week of commuting
And that sucks sucks and sucks more !!!! Last week I happened to fly long haul on the 175 and it was fine actually in some ways more comfortable than some of the old ghetto birds left over. Has anyone noticed that the single left side seats are not as comfortable as the right doubles ? Or is it just my flat ... from all these miles ?

Becka has to have the answer to that one
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS
reminded me that we recently had dinner with friends here in SEA. During conversation, he disclosed he was 3MM.!!
My first thought, damn, that is a lot of butt in the seat miles!! He mostly commented on how there is no recognition when he travels now and is surprised at this.
Hope your experience is a good one. Congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.