Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
[Wild Speculation] SFO-ANC (UA has decreased service to seasonal) and SFO-PIT, with a dash of SEA/PDX-COS (triumphant return of the E175) and maybe something odd like PDX or LAX-MKE. This probably will involve discussion (yet again) on what "new markets" means.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thank you !! by my count I have a million on AS and a million combined DL/UA from living on the east coast. that's 2 million and a very flat ... !!!!!
WOW, 2 MILLION. Congrats , way to go. You deserve a memory foam seat cushion. Happy 😊 Travels
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrAlex
[Wild Speculation] SFO-ANC (UA has decreased service to seasonal) and SFO-PIT, with a dash of SEA/PDX-COS (triumphant return of the E175) and maybe something odd like PDX or LAX-MKE. This probably will involve discussion (yet again) on what "new markets" means.
Didn't AS try SFO-ANC and never really took hold ? I flew it once wasn't too bad
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Didn't AS try SFO-ANC and never really took hold ? I flew it once wasn't too bad
I think @beckoa was a big fan of it! It makes more sense again now as it is a hub-hub route and would allow for both AS and partner international connections plus perhaps a goodly amount of cargo. Maybe a 738?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by DrAlex
I think @beckoa was a big fan of it! It makes more sense again now as it is a hub-hub route and would allow for both AS and partner international connections plus perhaps a goodly amount of cargo. Maybe a 738?
I never did fly the route. I was going to book it the last week of the route, (labor day weekend) but it was canceled early.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
I never did fly the route. I was going to book it the last week of the route, (labor day weekend) but it was canceled early.
Sorry somehow I thought you had mentioned that to me on our inaugural AS SEA-PHL flight. Damn that was a long time ago.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
https://www.pointswithacrew.com/hey-...imate-rewards/

Alaska has started matching. I'm seeing $129 one way fares. Talk about a hell of a cheap mileage run.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:56 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by rune87
https://www.pointswithacrew.com/hey-...imate-rewards/

Alaska has started matching. I'm seeing $129 one way fares. Talk about a hell of a cheap mileage run.
So tempted to take a trip, but my travel schedule is so packed right now. The cheap return tickets from KOA are a little slim but LIH is wide open both directions.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T2A
So tempted to take a trip, but my travel schedule is so packed right now. The cheap return tickets from KOA are a little slim but LIH is wide open both directions.
I know right. If I wasn't already going to hit 75k I'd be all over this. Now if only the flights could have been this cheap for my Nov trip to Kona.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Having the QX blues today. First delay was due to late inbound. Second delay was due to a mechanical. They fixed that, announced boarding, but then there was a new mechanical. They quickly fixed that, but then the crew had been reassigned. They found a new crew that would show up 3 hours later.

I changed to an AS operated flight (and lost my F seat ) and the agent told me QX has been having a rough morning.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sturges
Having the QX blues today. First delay was due to late inbound. Second delay was due to a mechanical. They fixed that, announced boarding, but then there was a new mechanical. They quickly fixed that, but then the crew had been reassigned. They found a new crew that would show up 3 hours later.

I changed to an AS operated flight (and lost my F seat ) and the agent told me QX has been having a rough morning.
It happens to the big boys too. My QX flight to Seattle was delayed 2 hours 20 minutes on Monday. My A380 QF 8 First award DFW-SYD had a mechanical on Tuesday and was cancelled. I am on the flight tonight. It left me in Dallas with no accommodation and a reservation past the cancellation window in Sydney.

Marriott was gracious to reduce my reservation by a day without penalty and Qantas offered compensation for a hotel night & F&B in Dallas.

Currently I am in the Premium AA lounge in Terminal D. What a dissapointment this place is. It looks like it has been a while since anyone cleaned up. Food offering is dismal and proudly piled on plastic plates, easily eaten with plastic utensils, and washed down with house wine in plastic cups! Wow! AA should be ashamed and I am sure QF isn't happy about it either. AC in SFO is a better experience.

All the flying for fun. If we didn't have IRROPS what would we all talk about? lol
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by sturges

The QX's are becoming dumps what I hope this isn't the beginning of another mechanical meltdown of years gone by. I had three flights today all three delayed at inbound gate congestion. from BOI to PDX 530 gate congestion at 545am for 25 minutes really? AB from LAX to SEA to end the day all I can say is that cabin crew has not drunk the Kool Aide of AS service. Those planes are really getting long in the tooth as well.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:34 pm

Got to fly on the Salute to Service (?) plane from IND-SEA AS501 today. Oddly there were two 737s at IND (IND-SFO had already left, so wasn't that flight running late). The app and everything said gate B5 (at which was parked the usual old-paintjob plane), but we actually departed from the StS plane next door. Gate agents were on the radio a lot and pilot said something about catering being late (I think he said from Chicago, but I don't really know how catering works).

First flight as MVPG (hoping for an upgrade), spent T-24 to T-2 at 3rd on wait list. 1 and 2 got upgraded at T-2, and after T-2 a couple popped up in front of me, but they only made it to PC (which I had declined in favor of 17D).

Got no free drink or chocolate bar or anything: are there any perks for MVPG in Y?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
Got no free drink or chocolate bar or anything: are there any perks for MVPG in Y?
You should've gotten a drink at least, and a thank you for being Gold. They won't always "offer" the free drink, but you shouldn't be charged for your first one if seated in main cabin. They will sometimes do chocolates, but that's not always the case (they run out, aren't catered, etc).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
You should've gotten a drink at least, and a thank you for being Gold. They won't always "offer" the free drink, but you shouldn't be charged for your first one if seated in main cabin. They will sometimes do chocolates, but that's not always the case (they run out, aren't catered, etc).

I think the chocolates you're referring to are on Horizon flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.