Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by edgewood49
And very helpful people in their lounge got me rebooked and out an hour earlier than my original delayed flight.
Speaking of lounge rebookings... from Johnny Jet’s Savvy Traveler column in November’s Alaska Beyond p. 41:
I love to spend time with my family in a plush airport lounge while traveling. A lounge offers food and drinks, a quiet place to work, and agents to help change our tickets if there are any weather delays or other hiccups.
I chuckled a little when reading that.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rustykettel
... from Johnny Jet’s Savvy Traveler column in November’s Alaska Beyond p. 41:
Quote:
I love to spend time with my family in a plush airport lounge while traveling. A lounge offers food and drinks, a quiet place to work, and agents to help change our tickets if there are any weather delays or other hiccups.
yeah ... which part made you laugh more?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador

Speaking of lounge rebookings... from Johnny Jet’s Savvy Traveler column in November’s Alaska Beyond p. 41:

And we are suppose to take him as a serious traveler ? You know no matter what I had to stay in the airport five hours to get to Boise. Clubroom or not it was not pleasant. But then maybe Johnny Jet knows more than we do

Happy Turkey Day
pcoll likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:11 am

OK this should be a good one What does everyone think about the potential One World agreement ? First it's only a "dating" agreement and two personally what the hell do we really get? We're partners with most except AA and frankly they suck
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:55 am

OK this should be a good one What does everyone think about the potential One World agreement ? First it's only a "dating" agreement and two personally what the hell do we really get? We're partners with most except AA and frankly they suck
75K could suddenly be more valuable. Better buy a seat cushion for 2MM!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:02 pm

Rusty my bottom half can not get any flatter!! Hell Sky Team would have been better than One World aka "Dougie world"
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Awards prices doubling, elimination of Elite Bonus miles, revenue based and 75K becomes 100K?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Awards prices doubling, elimination of Elite Bonus miles, revenue based and 75K becomes 100K?

Travel especially business travel is getting worse by the day and frankly no as much fun as it use to be. As far as miles/points redemption those too are in the toilet. So we are using miles/points/cash to get exactly what we want rather than worrying all the way to the airport or hotel. cost more sure but better than aggravation.

This whole thing is going to be a foot note to the book "who Moved my Cheese"
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Travel especially business travel is getting worse by the day and frankly no as much fun as it use to be. As far as miles/points redemption those too are in the toilet. So we are using miles/points/cash to get exactly what we want rather than worrying all the way to the airport or hotel. cost more sure but better than aggravation.

This whole thing is going to be a foot note to the book "who Moved my Cheese"
I am not a business traveler but still having a blast "Flying for Fun."

James
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I am not a business traveler but still having a blast "Flying for Fun."

James

I love it and I too am turning into Flying for Fun as I transition into retirement!!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Every time I think I am getting blaze about flying I recall a gentleman I sat next to in FC once. He travels just for fun too, because he loves it, it is his hobby and favorite past time. I had such a great time chatting with him during my flight that I have never forgotten that experience. I loved how that guy chatted up people waiting at the gate, figured out where they were sitting and then after boarding flagged down a main cabin FA to give them slips of paper with the seat assignments and handed his credit card and asked the FA to buy the passengers in main cabin a drink as a nice surprise for them. I find myself doing a "pay it forward" type of thing every once in a while to remind myself of that guy and how much I too love flying.
Seat 2A and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:37 pm

Flying for fun as a mindset (even if it's a work trip) makes air travel better, or at least bearable. I used to dread flying and did everything I could to avoid it. Getting airsick more often didn't help either. Now I take my placebo meclozine, sit back, and enjoy the ride.
ctporter likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Hello Bored Room members -- a quick hello from a new arrival. I'm a defector to this forum from the United Mileage Plus forum and the USAirways Dividend Miles forum before that -- I've been everywhere from an active poster to regular lurker in the almost 19 years I've been on FT and am happy to jump into this community. As a PDX-based flyer, I've had my share of flights on AS over that period, but due to my job I was wedded to the Star Alliance for a very long time. A new job, however, brings new opportunity -- and having just achieved the 1M lifetime BIS mile milestone on UA/CO, I decided it was time to make the move over to Alaska and just was matched MVP 75K status. I've got trips to LAX, DCA, BOS and EWR in the next few weeks and can't tell you all how excited I am to avoid DEN, ORD and other United hubs in the dead of winter. Looking forward to being part of the Alaska family!
Seat 2A, rustykettel and DrAlex like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by noah
Hello Bored Room members -- a quick hello from a new arrival. I'm a defector to this forum from the United Mileage Plus forum and the USAirways Dividend Miles forum before that -- I've been everywhere from an active poster to regular lurker in the almost 19 years I've been on FT and am happy to jump into this community. As a PDX-based flyer, I've had my share of flights on AS over that period, but due to my job I was wedded to the Star Alliance for a very long time. A new job, however, brings new opportunity -- and having just achieved the 1M lifetime BIS mile milestone on UA/CO, I decided it was time to make the move over to Alaska and just was matched MVP 75K status. I've got trips to LAX, DCA, BOS and EWR in the next few weeks and can't tell you all how excited I am to avoid DEN, ORD and other United hubs in the dead of winter. Looking forward to being part of the Alaska family!
Here's to 1MM on AS ^
noah likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:18 pm

Keeping the streak alive. Still haven’t flown SEA-PDX mainline on AS. Thank you late arriving crew!^

Reservations agent by text has been fantastic. Even easier than calling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.