Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Tom, while there is an argument for your comment for me AS has always had a pretty good reward program especially the EK however I submit the hackers and bloggers out there have their share of the blame. I also agree with you about "minimium " miles on Alaska highly doubt that will happen but capping or closing some of the back doors might help.It just rubbed me the wrong way when so bloggers wrote that AS had done it again without notice.

Travel safe
Bloggers will be bloggers, but the good folks at the Mileage Plan aren't exactly stooopid, and know what they're doing, and also know, that for the past several years, pretty much anything available, changed, done, revoked, or anything else, can and will be blast to the world in a matter of moments.

Blame, if there is any, is on the current "way of the world" for pretty much everything.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Bloggers will be bloggers, but the good folks at the Mileage Plan aren't exactly stooopid, and know what they're doing, and also know, that for the past several years, pretty much anything available, changed, done, revoked, or anything else, can and will be blast to the world in a matter of moments.

Blame, if there is any, is on the current "way of the world" for pretty much everything.
I know was just "ranting" as they seem to have ruined a few sweet spots. Interesting enough in reading several bloggers the majority of th responders blamed the blogger!! I thought that was an interesting turn around. I agree about AS folks while I still wish for an alliance ( for my international travel).
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by jrl767
it's more than test flights ... since the ramp space at BFI and PAE is densely packed already, they've been ferrying the jets to storage/parking in a host of places such as MWH, SKF (Kelly AFB, near SAT); wouldn't be at all surprised if some are at CHS as well, although FlightAware doesn't show any BFI-CHS flights in the past week

note the Cessna 208 N208BA that's also going BFI-MWH ... that's how they get the MAX pilots back home
I wonder if that Cessna has lie-flats?!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: AKAir 75K, BestWestern PE
looking for some advice on the SkyWest E75 jets. I have never been on one of these planes before

I was notified of a slight schedule change and that my AS 737 flt was now an E75 operated by Skywest BUR to SEA. I have a confirmed paid first ticket; should change to another 737 AS flight or just take the E75? Opinions welcome!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by chillymac
looking for some advice on the SkyWest E75 jets. I have never been on one of these planes before

I was notified of a slight schedule change and that my AS 737 flt was now an E75 operated by Skywest BUR to SEA. I have a confirmed paid first ticket; should change to another 737 AS flight or just take the E75? Opinions welcome!
I love the E75's, only issue is I believe the Skywest (compared to Horizon) do not have ovens, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, so no hot meal. But grabbing the single seat A side is my favorite F seat on a domestic config.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by safari ari
I love the E75's, only issue is I believe the Skywest (compared to Horizon) do not have ovens, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, so no hot meal. But grabbing the single seat A side is my favorite F seat on a domestic config.
Skywest's E175's do have ovens. I've had hot breakfasts on them before. No closet is the main difference I think.

Totally agree with the A side seats for solo flyers.
be_rettSEA and DrAlex like this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Skywest's E175's do have ovens. I've had hot breakfasts on them before. No closet is the main difference I think.
I guess just AA E75s don't have ovens then, maybe it was no real glassware along with the closets, either way, E75 is not a downgrade.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:55 am

I guess just AA E75s don't have ovens then, maybe it was no real glassware along with the closets, either way, E75 is not a downgrade.
There's a lot of things AA metal don't have !! Sorry could not resist
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yes, there is the plastic glassware that's used... go for seat 2A or 3A ^
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:58 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beckoa

1A
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Totally agree with the A side seats for solo flyers.
Me and two buddies are in an E75 F to LAS from PAE in Jan and we took 1A, 2A & 3A... so not just solo flyers who enjoy the single seat

We could've taken a whole row together, but everyone wanted a solo window/aisle seat.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AKAir 75K, BestWestern PE
Sounds Good thanks for the advice. I booked 1A and 2A; so I can figure out which one I like better.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by chillymac
Sounds Good thanks for the advice. I booked 1A and 2A; so I can figure out which one I like better.
1A for me on and off first.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Is this an excerpt from the book "Why Is English So Effing Hard To Learn?"

"Yes, there is the plastic glassware ..."
Nurse Traveler likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold 1MM (the unfriendly sky), Marriott Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz no longer
I love the E75 First solo seats.
I use them all the time alongside the east coast and also on some other longer flights like SFO-MCI.
If I have a choice of flights between E75 & 737 I always chose E75. The 2 main reasons are the solo seats and the much higher upgrade chance. I actually have a 100% upgrade success this year on the E75s.
They do have the option to offer hot meals (I think it is a question of flight length and time of the day)
They do also use glassware in some flights. I was served my beverage in a glass (not plastic) yesterday even though those wide rounded glasses don't fit well in the glass holder of the solo seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.