Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The JFK AS Boardroom no longer accepts Priority Pass. While I'm sure actual lounge members are happy to see this, this is bad news for me.

Or maybe it's good news. I can sleep an extra 30 minutes. Sadly today I did not and ended up sitting in T7 listening to the SEA flight announcements at the opposite end of the terminal

-J.
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
The JFK AS Boardroom no longer accepts Priority Pass. While I'm sure actual lounge members are happy to see this, this is bad news for me.

Or maybe it's good news. I can sleep an extra 30 minutes. Sadly today I did not and ended up sitting in T7 listening to the SEA flight announcements at the opposite end of the terminal

-J.
Oh wow, this is new. JFK was the last PP hold out. So it no longer accepts PP at all? Or just during selected crowded times?
Selfishly this is great news for me - hoping it'll be less crowded now!
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ssk244
Oh wow, this is new. JFK was the last PP hold out. So it no longer accepts PP at all? Or just during selected crowded times?
Selfishly this is great news for me - hoping it'll be less crowded now!
No more PP at all. I am disappointed but at the same time I understand.

-J.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
He's sleeping !!
Just woke up on AS85.

Originally Posted by BOB W
Paging beckoa
Yeah, didn't see when I was looking the other day.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Was trying to use pp last fall there, what a mess. I am glad I made the trek to the AMEX CL. There was a line to even check docs for JFK AL (with pp being denied). So I understand AS' decision on this one.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
Feb 15 onward: FC PDX/MCO -2529mi (and rt return) . Winter trip FC PDX/SJD 4 hours 1709mi (and rt return) No Board Room access 1 of 2!! ...?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Ugh. Just a rant!

The weather issues in the south caused a cancelled flight. No options till the following day and no coverage for the hotel :/.

hoping to get a certificate for the trouble and original routing credit.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:36 pm

SEA D Lounge Closed - Which lounge to use?

Deleted Duplicate Post
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:36 pm

SEA D Lounge Closed - Which lounge to use?

With the SEA main lounge closed (between the C and D gates), I have a question.

I have a flight out of the B gates. As a substitute lounge visit, would it be quicker to use the Club At SEA in the A terminal, the Club At SEA in the South Satellite, or use the Alaska Club in the C gates.

I'm thinking the AS Club in the C gates may be closer than the other two, but thought I'd toss this out there. ANd does anyone have an opinion about whach of the 2 "The Clubs" is nicer?

Last edited by Mikey; Feb 8, 2023 at 4:59 pm
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mikey

I have a flight out of the B gates. As a substitute lounge visit, would it be quicker to use the Club At SEA in the A terminal, the Club At SEA in the South Satellite, or use the Alaska Club in the C gates.

I'm thinking the AS Club in the C gates may be closer than the other two, but thought I'd toss this out there. ANd does anyone have an opinion about whach of the 2 "The Clubs" is nicer?
IMO the The Club at S is nicer than the The Club at A in terms of the space itself, but the food offerings are pretty much identically mediocre (OTOH they both have good bars with higher quality complimentary alcohol than you'd get in an AS Board Room).

I've never been to the C Board Room, but if it was anything like the C/D one I would just go to the A Club. It is perfectly fine.

-J.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey

The FlySEA app estimates an 8 minute walk from the AS lounge in C to gate B1, and an 11 minute walk from the Club in A.

But that's to B1. If you're near the end of B like B11 then the Club in the S terminal will be closest (7 min) because you're near the station and can take the SEA Underground shuttle from S.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by remyjette
The FlySEA app estimates an 8 minute walk from the AS lounge in C to gate B1, and an 11 minute walk from the Club in A.

But that's to B1. If you're near the end of B like B11 then the Club in the S terminal will be closest (7 min) because you're near the station and can take the SEA Underground shuttle from S.
Thansk to both of you who have replied. I am not familiar with the FLYSEA app. Sounds like I should check it out.

And it also seems that the South Satellite will work better this trip.

Thanks!!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by remyjette

I just checked out the FlySEA App, and after some initial frustration and confusion, have figured it out. It is a pretty shoddy app though!
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Thumbs down Targeted Ads from AS on social media

Lately I've been getting targeted adds on social media apps from AS for routes that I have browsed on the AS app. AS, I do not appreciate this! I don't need to be reminded about random routes I have priced out due to general curiosity.
Mikey and edgewood49 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Lately I've been getting targeted adds on social media apps from AS for routes that I have browsed on the AS app. AS, I do not appreciate this! I don't need to be reminded about random routes I have priced out due to general curiosity.
All this data collection almost makes it worth carrying a second device separate from my phone that I only use for apps
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please consider signing this petition to save the Salmon-Thirty-Salmon: https://chng.it/G2jKXBRr8J

-J.
PABE and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.