Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: Yes
Which one of you is this? 🤙🏻🥃

beckoa, samosa, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by anteater

That's says it all ! Good snap
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by anteater

Probably someone who frequents AC or UA!
Old Apr 3, 2023, 8:56 pm

Ever wonder if the flight status page on alaskaair.com could load faster? It's kinda slow to load.

I guess they could shave 5 MB off the page size if they weren't transferring these two images as part of the process:
https://www.alaskaair.com/-/media/7A...3E6E18696039D1
https://www.alaskaair.com/-/media/83...45825280CB8F95

I have no idea why those are getting requested as part of the page load, but they appear to be! Some kind of weird Easter egg? Something they added for testing and forgot to remove?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
As far as I can tell, these photos don't exist publicly on the internet anywhere other than the flight status page. That is so weird! The dog is cute at least.

-J.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 2:17 pm

It seems the site is down
Old Apr 5, 2023, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
working fine for me
Old Apr 5, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
It seems the site is down
I was having issues early this morning accessing Mileage Plan too on the APP, mobile & full site. It would have been in the 2:30 to 5:00 am PDT time frame. It cleared up pretty quickly after that.

James
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I was having issues early this morning accessing Mileage Plan too on the APP, mobile & full site. It would have been in the 2:30 to 5:00 am PDT time frame. It cleared up pretty quickly after that.

James

It's been a little squirrelly of late but then us old timers remember oh too well the IT issues back in the early 90's!.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
Ever wonder if the flight status page on alaskaair.com could load faster? It's kinda slow to load.

I guess they could shave 5 MB off the page size if they weren't transferring these two images as part of the process:
https://www.alaskaair.com/-/media/7A...3E6E18696039D1
https://www.alaskaair.com/-/media/83...45825280CB8F95

I have no idea why those are getting requested as part of the page load, but they appear to be! Some kind of weird Easter egg? Something they added for testing and forgot to remove?
There are a few easter eggs that show up on slow connections. Think I first saw this last year in AKN.

Greetings from 2A on JL 15
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
There are a few easter eggs that show up on slow connections. Think I first saw this last year in AKN.

Greetings from 2A on JL 15
B if you remember I flew next to you 2C on the first SEA to PHIL flight ! I cut the ribbon

Hope all is well
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Enjoyed a peaceful 45 minutes in the PDX B concourse mini lounge yesterday. That was my first visit to the space, and I appreciated a glass of sparkling rosé at the start of my trip, even if it did come in a plastic cup,

There were only 3-4 pax and two staff members in the room this Easter weekend around 7:30 pm, so definitely no crowding. Staff members were friendly and proactively helpful.

As a person with some mobility challenges, it was nice to be able to walk to my gate again. With the construction at PDX right now, I don’t risk it heading to the C gates and always request a wheelchair. Lucky for me, my MFR flight left out of B3 so the lounge was exceedingly convenient.
chrisl137 and anteater like this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
JAL Points to Credit to Alaska Mileage Plan

I booked a RT MIA to Taiwan on JAL in PE. I completed my flights on Monday night, April 10...When should I wait for points to credit before reaching out to Alaska Airlines? The outbound flights on March 28 have already been credited (70%). BTW, except for HAN--TSA on JAL metal, all other metal was AA.

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 8:58 pm

Does AS have lounge passes anymore?

I know my wife can just pay at the door (she won't though) so is there a place I can go get her a pass (even if I have to pay)? I am lost here since I am a member. Actually I am not even sure SEA sells day passes.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
Originally Posted by SoFlaFlyer737
I booked a RT MIA to Taiwan on JAL in PE. I completed my flights on Monday night, April 10...When should I wait for points to credit before reaching out to Alaska Airlines? The outbound flights on March 28 have already been credited (70%). BTW, except for HAN--TSA on JAL metal, all other metal was AA.

Thanks.
Update
;

Points were credited yesterday. On the 6th day.
Arsene Wenger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.