Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Looking at a leg of my flight tomorrow and the upgrade list says three open seats, as does the online booking portal (says "only 3 left" under FC). But, when looking at the seat map there are five open seats in FC. Curious if anyone knows why the discrepancy. I somewhat understand if AS doesn't care about the upgrade que to be accurate but it seems strange they'd be saying they only had three seats left to sell when there are really five?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mtofell;[url=tel:35213647
35213647[/url]]Looking at a leg of my flight tomorrow and the upgrade list says three open seats, as does the online booking portal (says "only 3 left" under FC). But, when looking at the seat map there are five open seats in FC. Curious if anyone knows why the discrepancy. I somewhat understand if AS doesn't care about the upgrade que to be accurate but it seems strange they'd be saying they only had three seats left to sell when there are really five?
Two pax haven’t selected their seats yet. 🤙🏻🍹
edgewood49 and ssk244 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mtofell
Looking at a leg of my flight tomorrow and the upgrade list says three open seats, as does the online booking portal (says "only 3 left" under FC). But, when looking at the seat map there are five open seats in FC. Curious if anyone knows why the discrepancy. I somewhat understand if AS doesn't care about the upgrade que to be accurate but it seems strange they'd be saying they only had three seats left to sell when there are really five?
It's likely upgrades/people who haven't selected a seat yet.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mtofell
Seats maps do not always accurately reflect inventory. This can be true for various reasons. People sometimes purchase tickets through various channels where they don't end up with a seat assignment and they don't always proactively manage their booking and select one. Also, when the fare search engine says something like "only 3 left" it does not necessarily mean there are only three seats left in inventory for sale (though that certainly can be the case), but may just mean there are only three seats left at that specific fare/price, before the next seat would kick into a higher fare bucket.

There are many on FT that adamantly believe seat maps are "wildly inaccurate" and completely unreliable as a data source for information. I think that is a bit extreme and I certainly wouldn't go that far, as I do believe one can draw some conclusions from seat maps, relative to demand, but again, its not 100% accurate.

Regards
Old Jun 5, 2023, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
In "good news," Alaska Listens replied within 3 days to comments about a marginal flight experience. The other news is that I'd rather not have had the experience, but at least someone is around without delay
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
In "good news," Alaska Listens replied within 3 days to comments about a marginal flight experience. The other news is that I'd rather not have had the experience, but at least someone is around without delay
Wow that seems very fast!
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssk244
Wow that seems very fast!
Yes, shocked. Now maybe they'll learn how to serve a PDB like I'm now enjoying on DL on a stuffed narrow body with a crowded boarding aisle and the same FA doing the PDBs is also making various boarding announcements. And she still has a smile and hasn't plotzed.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yep, DL PDB service is generally pretty reliable, and generally executed very competently
Old Jun 16, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS *REALLY* needs to update the software that generates BPs at the gate
chrisl137 likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jun 16, 2023 at 11:04 am Reason: blacked out PNR :eek:
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jrl767
Been a long time since I have seen one of those

Last edited by dayone; Jun 16, 2023 at 12:01 pm Reason: Delete quoted mage.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by jrl767
Got one of these at an SEA gate recently. Similar format as some of the AA issued ones. The one I got from an LAX gate was much more basic however.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
The one I got from an LAX gate was much more basic however.
Must have been an "X" fare
Old Jun 17, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Must have been an "X" fare
It actually turned out to be a battlefield upgrade.
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
SFO Lounge Access Question

In August I'll be connecting at SFO and have a question about lounge access.

I'm an AAdvantage Platinum member - arriving on JL2 (Premium Economy) and connecting the same day on Alaska Airlines (Economy) domestic itinerary - same e-ticket.

Can I access the Alaska Airlines SFO lounge in SFO based on my status – I'm not 100% whether arriving on an international long-haul flights overrides the "no access on domestic itineraries".

Thank you very much!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by tobsw
SFO Lounge Access Question

In August I'll be connecting at SFO and have a question about lounge access.

I'm an AAdvantage Platinum member - arriving on JL2 (Premium Economy) and connecting the same day on Alaska Airlines (Economy) domestic itinerary - same e-ticket.

Can I access the Alaska Airlines SFO lounge in SFO based on my status – I'm not 100% whether arriving on an international long-haul flights overrides the "no access on domestic itineraries".

Thank you very much!
Yes, you will have access.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.