Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Better image here of the construction. Not sure the "master" plan however- saw lots of ads in the airport promoting it.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
The baggage claim area at BNA was all tore up last time I went thru there in early July, sounds like they're not progressing too fast
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Ok everyone here we go One World is this a good thing or the beginning of the end of a long great ride?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Ok everyone here we go One World is this a good thing or the beginning of the end of a long great ride?
Living in interesting times. End of the old Alaska (which frankly had been dying by a thousand cuts) but will they step up to be an international airline? I'll believe it when they get rid of the hipster furniture in the lounge and put in showers and agents that can do rebookings.
pcoll and Ford Fairlane like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Living in interesting times. End of the old Alaska (which frankly had been dying by a thousand cuts) but will they step up to be an international airline? I'll believe it when they get rid of the hipster furniture in the lounge and put in showers and agents that can do rebookings.
well the "new" note terminal will most likely have room for AA metal, a huge new clubroom which I would assume showers could be installed. I think though that would really take a merger to happen. At the end of the day we will see a "new airline" within the next three or four years, good thing is I believe that Parker will not head it.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I wonder why AS3 DCA-SEA is cancelled today. Looks like all the inbound flights to DCA are operating
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by seacarl
I wonder why AS3 DCA-SEA is cancelled today. Looks like all the inbound flights to DCA are operating
From Expert Flyer:

CX - CREW REST OR SCHED - CANCELLATION
3DCA/DCN DELAYED DUE FLIGHT OPS MORE INFO BY 0925P *1258*SEARDF
6DCA/DX XCLD CREW REST OR SCHED - CANCELLATION *1314
1SEA/LX XCLD CREW REST OR SCHED - CANCELLATION *1314
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by tom911
From Expert Flyer:
I wonder whether crew are calling in sick from fear of the coronavirus. Else if AS had airframes available they ought to have been able to deadhead reserves from SEA or SFO - flights from both cities arrived for the AS3 departure and they had to know if short on crew rest. Now they have a stranded A321 in DCA.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Maybe they couldn't find a volunteer or just don't have a lot of reserves standing by to be called out. I had a BOS-SFO evening flight a few weeks ago that was pushed back 5 hours due to a crew issue. Once on board, we were told that if a certain flight attendant hadn't come in they would have had to cancel the flight and we should be grateful to her that we didn't have a forced overnight at BOS.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exclamation

Spotted landside in ANC tonight around 6:20 PM...
DrAlex likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa

Spotted landside in ANC tonight around 6:20 PM...
So Beck, which recipe are you using? Whole roast or chunks? What time will it be ready? If it only knew your plans.....
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:24 pm

Did anyone read Gary Lefts post about American Air not supplying the FA's with protective gloves ? And this is the airline that Alaska executives chose to partner with this among all the countless reasons why AA is so bad with Parker leading it. ... were the executives thinking?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:24 am

I got a companion pass that expires on March 17 that I have no use for -- if you want it, PM me!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:52 am

Spotted earlier this week in the B gates of SEA:

Seems they need some stronger adhesive tape!
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:34 am

I just wanted to say to everyone I hope to "see" all of you on the "other side" of this mess. And for heavens sake stay off the damn planes!
rustykettel and be_rettSEA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.