Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Will wonders never cease! I landed 40+ minutes early on AS1 this morning and we pulled right into a gate. What the what!?

And, holy cow the N terminal progress in two months is amazing. I thought you guys said it was going to be slow!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrAlex
Will wonders never cease! I landed 40+ minutes early on AS1 this morning and we pulled right into a gate. What the what!?

And, holy cow the N terminal progress in two months is amazing. I thought you guys said it was going to be slow!
Thats scary !! I am impressed with the results so far at the North gates, takes some of the pain away from being in Siberia.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I forgot that AS doesn't serve CLT
I went to book a flight for tomorrow and realized the only n/s option is AA. Hoping that AS sells a codeshare, I checked with AS and found suggestions for SEA-ANC-ORD-CLT for $4000 in Y.
I really miss the days when AS partners could take you nearly everywhere in the US.
be_rettSEA and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sturges
I forgot that AS doesn't serve CLT
I went to book a flight for tomorrow and realized the only n/s option is AA. Hoping that AS sells a codeshare, I checked with AS and found suggestions for SEA-ANC-ORD-CLT for $4000 in Y.
I really miss the days when AS partners could take you nearly everywhere in the US.
The issue I have in codeshare is pricing., If I am looking at one, I open another screen and check direct pricing with that carrier after gasping then purchase direct! Then use my AS# AA is no partner ! Rather fly UA/DL
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Thats scary !! I am impressed with the results so far at the North gates, takes some of the pain away from being in Siberia.
Once all the construction is done, I think I'll prefer the N gates given how nice the lounge is. I almost never am dragging around much luggage so the extra walk & waiting for the tram are a small price to pay for the nicest lounge & a nice open naturally lit terminal.

The issue I have in codeshare is pricing., If I am looking at one, I open another screen and check direct pricing with that carrier after gasping then purchase direct! Then use my AS# AA is no partner ! Rather fly UA/DL
The codeshare pricing is ridiculous. A few years ago, I felt that I could travel just about anywhere in the US on Alaska and earn with the MileagePlan. That is definitely not the case today.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I thought you don't get AS credit unless you buy it under the AS codeshare though?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I thought you don't get AS credit unless you buy it under the AS codeshare though?
That is correct. You need to be flying on the AS codeshare flight number for credit to MP. It doesn't, however, need to be on AS ticket stock. UA can sell you an AS codeshare flight number operated by AA between ORD and CLE for instance.

I have flown PHX-SJC on an AS codeshare before. There was about a $20 difference between AA and the higher AS price. You won't have an AA baggage fee waiver flying AA if you are Elite with AS though. I was able to select MCE seating even though that has been discontinued so not sure why.

I have also had a couple of AA Native Domestic fights post to MP when flying AA International to International YVR-DFW-MIA-PTY return with the DFW-MIA; MIA-DFW posting. It may have been an anomoly as the domestic segment on SCL-MIA-DFW-ICN itinerary didn't post subsequently.

James
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I have booked AA independent of my trans Con AS flight and gotten AS credit. Frankly I now try to avoid AA using UA or DL for those short hops
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Man I love doing mileage runs early when I know I'll be a hair short. Just managed to snag a transcon with a 1:10 hour turn around and U space on both legs...so I only had to use a single upgrade cert. Flight is next week which is even more surprising. And the flight price was only $120 above base price on the route. Another year of 75k.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by rune87
Man I love doing mileage runs early when I know I'll be a hair short. Just managed to snag a transcon with a 1:10 hour turn around and U space on both legs...so I only had to use a single upgrade cert. Flight is next week which is even more surprising. And the flight price was only $120 above base price on the route. Another year of 75k.
Hey, that is awesome! I have done some wild routings with 3 flights and 5754 miles on a single GGU transiting the US between 2 international destinations and 2 segments and 5067 miles on a single GGU both as part of 10 segment itinerary with a companion pass, but I have never considered an immediate turn to the point of origin. First I have heard about that possibility. I am not sure that is intended by AS or even if they realize it.

James
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
The next evening still has space as well, but not too sure I want to spend 2 nights in a row flying. Oh I'm sure Alaska didnt intend it, but I will happily take it, along with all of the other glitches we have had to endure this year. I almost always try to do turn arounds. Usually out of Seattle it means that I can just spend the night sleeping and still have a good part of the next day available to me.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Hey, that is awesome! I have done some wild routings ... but I have never considered an immediate turn to the point of origin.
anyone who is familiar with your oft-told stories should certainly realize that the concept of a mileage run — particularly one undertaken late in the calendar year to secure the next year’s MVPG or 75K status — is probably very foreign to you
jinglish likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by rune87
The next evening still has space as well, but not too sure I want to spend 2 nights in a row flying. Oh I'm sure Alaska didnt intend it, but I will happily take it, along with all of the other glitches we have had to endure this year. I almost always try to do turn arounds. Usually out of Seattle it means that I can just spend the night sleeping and still have a good part of the next day available to me.
Excellent for SEA based. I usually make a mini vacation out of them. We did, however, do a run on a companion certificate last December that was PHX-SEA-ANC-HNL-SEA-LAX-(hotel)-SJO-LAX-(hotel)-SEA-PHX. I booked a hotel in LAX for two nights. After the first night we did the LAX-SJO-LAX turn and back to PHX after the second night. We left most everything in the hotel for the Costa Rica Trip. SJO is an easy turn. Over 16K EQM & 36K RDM. I didn't use a single GGU but we were upgraded on all but 2 flights anyway.

James
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
QX to add First Class cabin to the Q?

Attached Images  
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
oooooookay, that could be interesting

I think UA put a couple rows of “Economy Plus” (their equivalent of PC) in the ex-CO DH4s, but can’t say for sure if that’s still extant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.