Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS
May our paths cross and we can give each other strength, flying forward.
Next Boardroom time for me, Dec 14 . 8:00 -8:30am.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Merger

So I was told today at the airport that AS will be making an announcement on Wednesday to which I am hoping two things,

!) we can begin to fly Virgin and the miles will count on AS qual.

2) AS adapts Virgins flight service and cease the endless dead chicken dishes I mean really

I am currently on a flight now asked for some more wine, ten minutes ago in FC. hmm Maybe the wine is coming out of the FA's check, now 15 minutes

Last edited by edgewood49; Dec 11, 2016 at 1:18 pm Reason: more information
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:30 am

Wednesday Announcement

Ok, so besides the actual merger most likely be announced what else do we think or more importantly want to hear?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
It's snowing here on the Palouse and AS already messaged me saying my flight is delayed in the morning.

^ for an extra hour of sleep
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sturges
It's snowing here on the Palouse and AS already messaged me saying my flight is delayed in the morning.

^ for an extra hour of sleep
^^
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
^^
sunny and warm in SD this week sadly I am flying to the NW Wednesday evening has anyone gotten one of the newly configured birds yet ?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by edgewood49
sunny and warm in SD this week sadly I am flying to the NW Wednesday evening has anyone gotten one of the newly configured birds yet ?
Next week I'll be flying one in whY
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:19 pm

Next week I'll be flying one in whY
Tomorrow is suppose to be the big news from AS
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Tomorrow is suppose to be the big news from AS
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:06 am

well beginning Monday we can earn points on Virgin well Alaska!! I have a flight to SFO Monday and switching to the "new" AS !!!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:51 pm

I haven't been on one of the new birds yet. Looking forward to one sometime soon. I also really want to make it to MVPG in the next couple of years. I fly enough, but I always do my huge international trip on points. If I actually paid for those trips, it would be easy. Hoping to work in some long-distance work trips in the coming years to help me out.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Thank you, pcoll. It's good to hear that you've finished your chemo treatments. Congrats! Mine run into January, then - hopefully - I should get time off for good behavior.

to both PCOLL and AKCuisine sending lots of healing beams and vibes. I appreciate posts from the both of you.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
brrrr

For some ridiculous reason I agreed to two projects, both near MSP, one for Dec 20 with a return on 21st late in the afternoon hoping to be done by 2pm, and the other as a speaker Jan 4 at a conference not too far from MSP, yikes! Since I am hosting Christmas Eve I decided our client could pay for my FC tickets to ensure I had the best chance of getting home on time. (booked a SkyWest flight from MSP to PDX, then a Q400 home to Sea - four hour flight in coach on a CRJ did not seem like a good plan to me - but that gave me two extra days incase of cancellations LOL) For the Jan trip, I booked the 7am flight from MSP to SEA because I am actually going to fly to MSY at 11:30 with my husband for a few days with family fun touring the city there. Normally I do not take early flights (I like to sleep in!) but I figured first flight of day has best chance, still not thrilled with the idea I could miss my SEA MSY flight though, especially as it is on a separate PNR. At least I will be in FC on the first flights to and from MSP, but from reading here and my own experiences with SEA OAK flights I will probably not make the complimentary upgrade for the Jan flight.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:45 am

Wednesday morning (SAN-BOS) about half of the crew had traded the usual outfits for the AS/VX "we've updated our relationship status" t-shirts, and we got small (but pretty tasty) boxes of salt&caramel chocolates along with a coaster-sized card that says "Salt and caramel was an unlikely combo, too. More flights, more rewards. More to Love. DifferentWorks.com" along with the tail logos of the two companies.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by glitchy
Wednesday morning (SAN-BOS) about half of the crew had traded the usual outfits for the AS/VX "we've updated our relationship status" t-shirts, and we got small (but pretty tasty) boxes of salt&caramel chocolates along with a coaster-sized card that says "Salt and caramel was an unlikely combo, too. More flights, more rewards. More to Love. DifferentWorks.com" along with the tail logos of the two companies.
got the same thing one can only hope AS takes Virgin's cabin service and attitude booking Monday am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.