FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:35 pm
ctporter

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
brrrr

For some ridiculous reason I agreed to two projects, both near MSP, one for Dec 20 with a return on 21st late in the afternoon hoping to be done by 2pm, and the other as a speaker Jan 4 at a conference not too far from MSP, yikes! Since I am hosting Christmas Eve I decided our client could pay for my FC tickets to ensure I had the best chance of getting home on time. (booked a SkyWest flight from MSP to PDX, then a Q400 home to Sea - four hour flight in coach on a CRJ did not seem like a good plan to me - but that gave me two extra days incase of cancellations LOL) For the Jan trip, I booked the 7am flight from MSP to SEA because I am actually going to fly to MSY at 11:30 with my husband for a few days with family fun touring the city there. Normally I do not take early flights (I like to sleep in!) but I figured first flight of day has best chance, still not thrilled with the idea I could miss my SEA MSY flight though, especially as it is on a separate PNR. At least I will be in FC on the first flights to and from MSP, but from reading here and my own experiences with SEA OAK flights I will probably not make the complimentary upgrade for the Jan flight.