Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just flew JL PE from SFO. For all the same but different menu components, their salad was straight lettuce and garden vegetables with a side of ranch dressing and the arrival snack was Haagen Daz ice cream, vanilla not some weirdo hipster millennial flavor like salt lick lava rock ultra dark chocolate. Please book AS' F&B staff asap!
For all that FB at AS do they seems to fail year after year and frankly it seems to be getting worse. We are paying a premium to fly FC ( yes I pay) and deserve edible food, not some "not some weirdo hipster millennial flavor like salt lick lava rock ultra dark chocolate" Last flight from HNL there were six chicken and six fish, the plane landed with 0 chicken and 4 fish, tell you something ? 4 of us fed from the back!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
For all that FB at AS do they seems to fail year after year and frankly it seems to be getting worse. We are paying a premium to fly FC ( yes I pay) and deserve edible food, not some "not some weirdo hipster millennial flavor like salt lick lava rock ultra dark chocolate" Last flight from HNL there were six chicken and six fish, the plane landed with 0 chicken and 4 fish, tell you something ? 4 of us fed from the back!
One final add-on Panda Express is now serving white chicken meat, don't you think AS could I mean really Alaska
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
One final add-on Panda Express is now serving white chicken meat, don't you think AS could I mean really Alaska
I generally loathe white meat chicken.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do their "real" members all get drink chits (as opposed to AS fakes), or just ones on international itineraries?
International and select cabins domestically
Old Sep 20, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For those who complain about Alaska's PDB service, my recent experience in AA F:

BOS - JFK: cup of water

JFK - SEA: nada

I did appreciate being asked to book my meal choice in advance though.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
For those who complain about Alaska's PDB service, my recent experience in AA F:

BOS - JFK: cup of water

JFK - SEA: nada

Yeah, the inconsistency of AA's PDB service has fueled a thread over in the AA forum.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:31 am

Yeah, the inconsistency of AA's PDB service has fueled a thread over in the AA forum.
AS is killing my taste buds for pasta really bad pasta.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:44 pm

My favorite thing about flying AA. I wish every airline would do it.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by MissJ
I've been in contact with AS about this. Sounds like something is being explored here ^
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by beckoa
Originally Posted by MissJ
I've been in contact with AS about this. Sounds like something is being explored here ^

I recall seeing a question along these lines on one of the Insight Community surveys. I've long complained about the inability to pre-order meals in first - especially when the app allows one to do so if flying in coach.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I recall seeing a question along these lines on one of the Insight Community surveys. I've long complained about the inability to pre-order meals in first - especially when the app allows one to do so if flying in coach.
Question, why would one want to reserve a meal in first? They should know by now that the pasta sucks, the fish is worse and dark chicken doesn't sell as well.!!!

If they just put on a decent dish for sale to all I would be happy OR have Virgin F&B take over!! Now that's an idea.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Question, why would one want to reserve a meal in first? They should know by now that the pasta sucks, the fish is worse and dark chicken doesn't sell as well.!!!

If they just put on a decent dish for sale to all I would be happy OR have Virgin F&B take over!! Now that's an idea.

Once in a while - very rarely - they actually *will* put together something decent. If there was a way to pre-order, then at least you'd know in advance what was on the menu for that flight.

Advance knowledge would prevent the ongoing gamble: Should I eat ahead before the flight if I have time or risk that the first class meal is going to be "South of Expected?"
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Once in a while - very rarely - they actually *will* put together something decent. If there was a way to pre-order, then at least you'd know in advance what was on the menu for that flight.

Advance knowledge would prevent the ongoing gamble: Should I eat ahead before the flight if I have time or risk that the first class meal is going to be "South of Expected?"
AS is killing my taste for tortellini and scrambled eggs with feta cheese!!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Troubles in Seattle tonight

C gates station is out of service-- North train loop is running between D & N only. Departures boards have handwritten signs that information (may) be incorrect and to see an agent.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:02 pm

C gates station is out of service-- North train loop is running between D & N only. Departures boards have handwritten signs that information (may) be incorrect and to see an agent.
Ouch... well good news is it should be a quick trip. But still nice to get off at C sometimes.

POS having some fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.