Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Greetings from Lake Como. Departing Como on the 12 PM to Bellagio
Enjoying Vegas?
The Venitian is quite nice!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Back on topic----- There are temporary walls up in the N terminal and a sign that states "New Alaska Board Room Coming Soon! An interim Alaska Airlines Board Room is scheduled to open here. This location will provide VIP lounge amenities until a new permanent Board Room opens in 2018". Not opening date was announced.

This may have been posted up thread, but I thought I would use this to get us back on point.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
any ideas or reason why ALK plunged over $2 today?
Because I was flying them and drained the galley dry?
Originally Posted by beckoa

Damn!
I always thought that the only way to drink the galley dry was to have jackal, beckoa and BOB W all up front on the same flight
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by BOB W
I always thought that the only way to drink the galley dry was to have jackal, beckoa and BOB W all up front on the same flight
ANC RED-EYE can vouch that he'd need to replace me for you guys to have any shot at doing that.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:46 pm

ANC RED-EYE can vouch that he'd need to replace me for you guys to have any shot at doing that.
We will give it a shot in about 4 hours.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
any recommendations for a ~6-hour Saturday layover in JNU next month? arrive ~0900, depart ~1445
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Greetings from the SEA Boardroom! I'm still getting over the response when I asked for a Bloody Mary: vodka or gin?

GIN???
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Greetings from the SEA Boardroom! I'm still getting over the response when I asked for a Bloody Mary: vodka or gin?

GIN???
Maybe you said Bloody Martini...? (Kidding.)
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Maybe you said Bloody Martini...? (Kidding.)
I was in MSP this weekend, went to brunch and asked for a Bloody Mary. Server says "we only have a gin Bloody Mary." Promptly corrected him that bloody mix and gin is a Ruddy Mary. Seems like this may be becoming more and more popular.

The drink was made of fresh squeezed heirloom tomatoes, tough (think pinkish color) and was pretty tasty!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Can we talk about napkins in First these days?

I've been away to the travel game for a couple of months and have started traveling again regularly. Somehow MVPG is still getting me upgraded, but I'm astonished but the number of napkins the FAs are handing out now.

Each drink (water/booze/whatever) gets its own napkin and I'm left with a mountain. Similar experiences AS wide, or am I just getting senior FAs with a passion for the past?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs

I've been away to the travel game for a couple of months and have started traveling again regularly. Somehow MVPG is still getting me upgraded, but I'm astonished but the number of napkins the FAs are handing out now.

Each drink (water/booze/whatever) gets its own napkin and I'm left with a mountain. Similar experiences AS wide, or am I just getting senior FAs with a passion for the past?

You must be getting all of the napkins that aren't being given out on my flights.

It seems like 85% of the time the FA on my flights passes out beverages and snacks without any napkins. I usually have to ask for two -- one for my glass, to keep it from sliding, and one for the snack mix, to wipe off my fingers.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs

You must be getting all of the napkins that aren't being given out on my flights.

It seems like 85% of the time the FA on my flights passes out beverages and snacks without any napkins. I usually have to ask for two -- one for my glass, to keep it from sliding, and one for the snack mix, to wipe off my fingers.
I like napkins- but I do find it funny they changed the composition to the recycled product.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Just a bit of grousing that I need to get out, but it isn't worth starting a new thread.

It really, *really* annoys me when a flight attendant addresses me and other females by our first names, but calls each of the male passengers by their last names.

I'm old enough to be this girl's mother, so it's not like she's a senior FA who's falling back on old habits. Honey, we are so done with that era -- treat the passengers equally. Either use first names for all or Mr/Ms for all, but don't separate by gender.

(Stowing soap box back under the seat in front of me .... )
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I understand exactly what you mean, and thankfully that has not happened to me. I am always addressed as Ms Porter if addressed by name at all. (most of the time I am not) I was actually impressed by an FA on my way back home recently that said Goodbye Ms Porter as I deplaned, I thought that was a great thing for the FA to do.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:36 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Just a bit of grousing that I need to get out, but it isn't worth starting a new thread.

It really, *really* annoys me when a flight attendant addresses me and other females by our first names, but calls each of the male passengers by their last names.

I'm old enough to be this girl's mother, so it's not like she's a senior FA who's falling back on old habits. Honey, we are so done with that era -- treat the passengers equally. Either use first names for all or Mr/Ms for all, but don't separate by gender.

(Stowing soap box back under the seat in front of me .... )
that doesnt bug my wife. What does is when she gets a male FA that calls all the women hun or honey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.