Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We're Sorry" Free EQM Email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone get emails since the “first batch”? Seems like as time goes on it’s unlikely that those of us passed over will get anything.
I know, I am thinking the same, AS seems to be forgetting about some of its loyal customers in multiple issues 😢
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by RaingerRain
I know, I am thinking the same, AS seems to be forgetting about some of its loyal customers in multiple issues 😢
AS knows they already have us in a lock and want us to really really earn that extra 5K EQM. Sigh .... its not even RDM.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
My SJC KOA flights were cancelled outright - no decent options to get there. Nothing here either.....
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Nothing received for canceled nonstops replaced by sub-optimal connections week of 1/15. Also have not yet received the 4K RDM promised as service recovery after they forgot to load a checked bag after our overnight connection and forced us to hold near the arrival airport for 3+ hours before starting the drive to our final destination.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by finlandia
5000 EQM for this 75K. I was caught in the snow that shut down DCA on 1/3.
Anyone receive the emails and EQM for a service disruption after January 3rd? This is the latest date I've seen acknowledged by Alaska via the EQM apology.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Anyone receive the emails and EQM for a service disruption after January 3rd? This is the latest date I've seen acknowledged by Alaska via the EQM apology.
What I'm assuming was my "event" was on 1/5. The funny part is that it was a mechanical issue and not a general "meltdown". Plane was sitting at the gate and delayed by +/- 5 hours so I was rebooked onto a later direct flight since I'd have missed my connection. I'm thinking the rebooking triggered it rather than the mechanical delay but am really just guessing.
olouie, anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by olouie
Anyone get emails since the “first batch”? Seems like as time goes on it’s unlikely that those of us passed over will get anything.
Still nothing yet. Nor did I get a reply to my email to MP sent on 1/11. Sigh....
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
January 5th. I had originally booked 2 pax PHX-SEA-YVR. On December 31st, I changed the itinerary to PHX-SFO-SEA-YVR and used our last two GGUs expiring December 31st, 2021 to upgrade both PHX-SFO & SFO-SEA with 1 GGU each. On January 4th, the SFO-SEA canceled. That was changed to SFO-PDX-SEA but lost the upgrade on SFO-PDX & PDX-SEA was a Q400. About an hour after that was all settled, SFO-PDX canceled. Ultimately flew PHX-SEA-YVR in Premium/Main with a 5 hour earlier departure.

AS was happy to reissue the 2 GGUs, now expiring December 31st, 2023 & also happily granted the ORC. The EQM wasn't significantly more but the ORC provided an extra segment.

We both received the email & both 75K at the time.

James
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
STILL nothing for me. Getting very frustrated by the ham-fisted CS response from AS.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Still haven't seen anything either. Maybe it has to do with address on the Mileage Plan profile?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Still haven't seen anything either. Maybe it has to do with address on the Mileage Plan profile?
Doubt it. AS just really limited who it decided was worthy. Its now Feb and after even more changes and crazy reroutes still nothing.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
When are these gift EQMs going to show up? My husband got the email I did not. We travel together and are both MVPG. Very odd. There is no sign of such EQMs in his mileage activity record. Hmm. When did other lucky recipients see the miles post?
olouie likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by ijkh
When are these gift EQMs going to show up? My husband got the email I did not. We travel together and are both MVPG. Very odd. There is no sign of such EQMs in his mileage activity record. Hmm. When did other lucky recipients see the miles post?
I did not receive mine yet but the email specifically stated they would post by February 15th.
Erasmus and ijkh like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ijkh
Yeah, nothing here yet but I checked and my email also said by 2/15.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:59 pm

Never received an email but had a creepy interaction with the first class FA on my SFO-LAX flight tonight that reminded me of this thread.

After I settled in he walked up and said something along the lines of "FlyerDigits, well, well, six cancelled flights huh? We'll get you to LA tonight.". I was completely confused. Then he confirmed my first and last name and said Minneapolis, Seattle,... I asked if he was talking about my January flights. Now he was confused, looked at his mobile device, and said that he was confused because he didn't realize those were last month.

So great, thanks for reminding me about all of my last minute cancellations, to include the one where my daughters appreciated the early morning wake up when I informed them that we had to leave for the airport RIGHT NOW if we wanted to make it to the Delta flights Alaska just rebooked us on (or hang out in the hotel for several days).

And also how much customer history and information does Alaska leave floating around out there for the flight attendants to see? What happened a month ago doesn't seem relevant to my new trip today. But it sure did bring back a bad taste and weirded me out.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.