Wiki Posts
Search

"We're Sorry" Free EQM Email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Erasmus
I suspect this is only for people actually impacted. My family all had a cancelled flight and we each received the email with miles according to our respective status.
That was my thought, too. However, I've only been on one AS flight this year and it was SFO > PSP, on time arrival and departure both ways.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I haven't flown anywhere since November and my first flight of the year isn't until tomorrow. Since I've yet to be impacted by anything other than heavy snowfall over Christmas here in Alaska's Interior, I can't imagine this benefit will apply to me, 75K status notwithstanding. That said, it's a very nice gesture for those who actually were impacted.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
That was my thought, too. However, I've only been on one AS flight this year and it was SFO > PSP, on time arrival and departure both ways.

Was this during the time period with all the irrops issues? If so, they might be crediting everyone who was ticketed during that time period rather than going through case by case to see who was actually impacted.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Got 2500 as MVPG here too. Had 12/24 MR that I ended up canceling as I didn’t need it after all, so assuming any booking around those dates must’ve triggered it, even if cancellation was unrelated to their op issues.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
2,500 MVPG, impacted - as another datapoint.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
Was this during the time period with all the irrops issues? If so, they might be crediting everyone who was ticketed during that time period rather than going through case by case to see who was actually impacted.
Good point. 12/29 - 1/1.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
AS’ opportunity to cancel my flights and ruin a long-planned vacation isn’t until next week, so I am not surprised I got nothing.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
MVPG here; also recieved 2,500 EQMs.

My flight on 12/26 from OAK to SEA was canceled, and we were fortunate to be rebooked on a flight the next day. So definitely impacted.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Bummer that he referred to me as a 75k when hopefully, any day now, I will finally be recognized as the 100k that I am!

Nice gesture, though. Especially considering I wasn't directly impacted by any of the disruptions earlier this month.

I wonder how many of those 75s actually earned it vs being allowed to continue status.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Received, weather impact on 12/26
ShutUpDonnie likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Love the way AS handles IRROPS. I am new to AS and am impressed.
Intl359Widget and mtofell like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Agreed. First year having status with AS….was helpful during the IRROPS. I was so impressed I will more than likely renew. I did get the email also. Nice gesture.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:23 pm

MVP Gold here (earned not an extension), impacted by cancellations. Got the email with 2,500 EQMs.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It's no secret that I'm generally a big fan of Alaska, however, I'm guessing those of us who got an email like the one below, and then couldn't get ahold of anyone for 12-24+ hours, are less than thrilled with how AS handled IRROPS over the past month. Not getting any of these emails just adds insult to injury.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
You're kidding, right?
channa, olouie, SEA777GUY and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.