Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We're Sorry" Free EQM Email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
5K G75K here (well, 100K- but not getting into that here)
ShutUpDonnie and Seattle123 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I had AS flights on 12/24 and 12/25 (both of which had minor delays), but nothing received here.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Just days after new year, we were in our seats for nearly three hours before the eleven hour AY HEL-LAX took off. Does such an AS reservation qualify?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K
75k here, got 5,000 EQM. Impacted by LAX-IAD cancellation 1/3.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Just days after new year, we were in our seats for nearly three hours before the eleven hour AY HEL-LAX took off. Does such an AS reservation qualify?

Did you get €600 for the delAY?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
5000 EQM for this 75K. I was caught in the snow that shut down DCA on 1/3.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:27 pm

We both received the email as 75k’s - very nice. That said: two thoughts: 1) Where the heck is the CEO of this company? Ben appears to be letting his subordinates shoulder the blame. To us, it appears that he wants to be the face of the company in good times, and hide when times are bad. We’ve seen this in each our own companies, and in our experience it’s typically a signal that the CEO thinks they are above it all. His unwillingness to face the music for their meltdown is telling. 2) Nice videos and bonus miles do not adequately compensate us for the multiple last-minute cancelations, stress, and additional costs that we have experienced. But, that’s ok. We’re not calling or emailing or making a big deal about it; we’re just shifting our spend. When, or if, AS decides that the Bay Area is a market they are interested in once again, we’ll take a look.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:46 pm

Data point: No emails, no EQM. 75k with flights cancelled (maintenance then flight attendants) last minute weekend of Jan 7th.

Wondering what and why they used for a cutoff.
leroix and anteater like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

75K, minor delays on a couple flights over the holidays, no email, no surprise EQM in my account.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by flytoeat
You're kidding, right?
NO.... Try being a UA or AA elite. It has been years since UA reached out to me after an irrops and offered anything. I have been flying with AS for 18 months and AS had deposited $50 discount code just because SEA was having a hard time finding ramp workers to unload us for 1 hour. With any airline it would have been nothing. When my son's flight to a job interview was canceled, AS put him in the next available competitor's flight which was UA and deposited a discount code in his account. With any other airline, he would have to wait until next available seat in the same airline and he would have missed his interview.

irrops happens. AS is the only airline i have flown with reaches out and says "I am sorry and here is something to lessen the pain".

Yes, I am impressed.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I received the email with the 5K miles. My appointed MVP got the email with 1,200 miles. I imagine gold is around 2,500?

If some elites didn’t receive it as intended, perhaps the reason others like myself did is due to being disrupted during that final week of December and 1st week of January. I had several delays and cancellations for my family and I trying to navigate via SEA. If you also experienced disruptions but no email, you definitely deserve those miles too and should ring up customer care.

5K eqms could easily make or break a tier especially if there no longer will be any bonuses for this upcoming year as of now.
Didn’t receive email. Had flight on December 23 cancelled less than 24 hours prior and AS wouldn’t change me to flight that they had for sale same day because it had a connection and required AA to connect me from ORD to final Midwest connection. Instead I had to buy the ticket and pay the last minute premium myself. AS rep and supervisor were “happy” to cancel my original flight so I could get a credit placed in my wallet- yeah thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
MVP Gold here. Two flights cancelled on 1/7 and 1/30. No email, nuthin'. AS is starting to grate on my nerves at this point, for real.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:12 am

75k, 5-6 cancelled flights with horrible reschedules, long hold and wait times. no email nothing.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
MVP Gold here. Two flights cancelled on 1/7 and 1/30. No email, nuthin'. AS is starting to grate on my nerves at this point, for real.
Funny that you mention a future flight cancelled. I didn’t even count the flights that I had/have Cancelled or ridiculously rescheduled if I preemptively made alternative arrangements in advance during December and now January. This effort requires that I constantly rotate funds in and out of the As wallet. Sucks when I have to make an itinerary that requires an AA connection and can’t use “my wallet” funds.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
This just came through from our boy Andrew.
could you please put the video link? I’d love to see it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.