Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We're Sorry" Free EQM Email

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by mtofell
Is there a place that shows EQM activity (dates/amounts, etc.)??? I've only been able to find the RDM accounting "ledger".

I also received mine between last night and this morning. Funny thing is the only problem I experienced was a mechanical delay that didn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with the general meltdown/chaos that took place.
Not a ledger explicitly for EQM - this showed up in the mileage activity (RDM) one.. The best you have is the progress bar in the app / text based counter on the website. There's a status tracking Excel sheet someone in this forum has developed/maintained to help folks plot their own "ledgers" and plan advance flights by fare class for status planning in absence of anything from AS here.
mtofell likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Never received an email but had a creepy interaction with the first class FA on my SFO-LAX flight tonight that reminded me of this thread.

After I settled in he walked up and said something along the lines of "FlyerDigits, well, well, six cancelled flights huh? We'll get you to LA tonight.". I was completely confused. Then he confirmed my first and last name and said Minneapolis, Seattle,... I asked if he was talking about my January flights. Now he was confused, looked at his mobile device, and said that he was confused because he didn't realize those were last month.

So great, thanks for reminding me about all of my last minute cancellations, to include the one where my daughters appreciated the early morning wake up when I informed them that we had to leave for the airport RIGHT NOW if we wanted to make it to the Delta flights Alaska just rebooked us on (or hang out in the hotel for several days).

And also how much customer history and information does Alaska leave floating around out there for the flight attendants to see? What happened a month ago doesn't seem relevant to my new trip today. But it sure did bring back a bad taste and weirded me out.
The FAs only see that flight and connecting flights. There is information on any recent trip failures, so as they can apologize and potentially offer a service gesture. They cannot see personal information. Someone mentioned they can see 60? days of your activity; this is incorrect as they don’t have access to your travel activity (past or future) beyond connecting flights and recent failures (eg delays, cancellations).

If you felt uncomfortable with the interaction, feel free to report it to AS CC so they can address your concerns.

🤙🏻🍹
olouie and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by anteater
The FAs only see that flight and connecting flights. There is information on any recent trip failures, so as they can apologize and potentially offer a service gesture. They cannot see personal information. Someone mentioned they can see 60? days of your activity; this is incorrect as they don’t have access to your travel activity (past or future) beyond connecting flights and recent failures (eg delays, cancellations).

If you felt uncomfortable with the interaction, feel free to report it to AS CC so they can address your concerns.

🤙🏻🍹
Correct- it's a snapshot of service failures for the last 60 days- not upcoming flights/previous etc. It's something the FA needs to drill down to see.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by beckoa
Correct- it's a snapshot of service failures for the last 60 days- not upcoming flights/previous etc. It's something the FA needs to drill down to see.
The available window is also longer than 60 days. 🤞🏻

Last edited by dayone; Feb 9, 2022 at 4:11 pm Reason: Edit quote syntax.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
So I never got the I'm sorry letter but my husband did. Good news is we both got the EQM gift in our accounts today. Now the question is does this count towards our recertification as MVPG for this year? We will call and ask.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by ijkh
So I never got the I'm sorry letter but my husband did. Good news is we both got the EQM gift in our accounts today. Now the question is does this count towards our recertification as MVPG for this year? We will call and ask.
Assuming you earned your MVPG status by the end of last year, then the 5k bonus EQM will count towards next year's status. If you didn't earn out the miles you needed last year and you need to complete the challenge to extend your status, it won't count towards that. You'll actually need to fly those miles.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
You'll actually need to fly those miles.
Ok SEA-PDX mileage run it is to top off our challenge. Otherwise we will be 150 miles short by April 30th. No big deal. It makes me feel like a real flyer talker.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
nothing despite the cancellation of the KOA trip due to crazy reroutes....
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: Gold 75K
My 5,000 miles showed up today too. I had 3 flights between Christmas and New Year's. No cancellations but a few 3 hour delays.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Another flight cancelled 4 hours before takeoff today. This time it was the AA connector from MKE to ORD3699 that cancelled making ORD to SEA useless.

Called in to see if I could jump on a shuttle from MKE to ORD and keep things in place. “Uhh uhh uhh.what?” I want to get home today as opposed to waiting for tomorrow.

“We can cancel and you can get your funds back”. These are different cities sir”

Never mind. Just cancel this flight and trip (again). I’ll drive to chicago and get on the same flight now as a late last minute ticket. Sheesh.
olouie likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:09 pm

I'll have no problems hitting 100k but at this rate of cancellations and crazy changes/re-reroutes it might be harder to hit 24 segments than I thought. Need to front load since the tail end of the year is usually doing longer trips not on AS. I was supposed to be at 8 by now, but barely at 3 and Feb and March trips keep moving or getting cancelled. Not so fun.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Another flight cancelled 4 hours before takeoff today. This time it was the AA connector from MKE to ORD3699 that cancelled making ORD to SEA useless.

Called in to see if I could jump on a shuttle from MKE to ORD and keep things in place. “Uhh uhh uhh.what?” I want to get home today as opposed to waiting for tomorrow.

“We can cancel and you can get your funds back”. These are different cities sir”

Never mind. Just cancel this flight and trip (again). I’ll drive to chicago and get on the same flight now as a late last minute ticket. Sheesh.
day-of-departure IROPS are the responsibility of the operating carrier, not the ticketing carrier … AA should have been able to figure out how to remove their segment and keep your AS ORD-SEA segment intact, or opened space on their metal
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I agree with jrl767 here. What options were AA giving you?

I am flying MIA-DFW-SEA-PHX tomorrow, first segment on AA, marketed by AS so 100% EQM. (In an effort to not have heads explode, I will refrain on sharing the fare; fair? ) AS is already sending out emails/texts to get a feel for how many would be willing to "not fly" for $250. AA is also offering standby on several itineraries to get me to PHX on their own metal.

I have several options and will see how it plays out.

James
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
presuming you’re in the forward cabin/s, I’d lobby *really* hard for MIA-LAX-PHX
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
presuming you’re in the forward cabin/s, I’d lobby *really* hard for MIA-LAX-PHX
I am not! As an AS codeshare, I am not even on the upgrade waitlist for the MIA-DFW segment. Now if AS wants to pay me a 100% premium to not fly, I can forego the 3882 EQM and make it up with a little extra later.

The 5K boost in EQM was nice and will push me over the 50% mark for 2023 100K after my flights this week; waiting on BA.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.