Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I'm going to be Platinum Pro on American Airlines soon, while I'm only MVP on Alaska. If I book a ticket using Alaska miles and then contact Alaska to switch my AAdvantage number onto the ticket to get the Platinum Pro benefits, will I have any problems or otherwise weird issues should I need to modify the booking? Both for redepositing the miles to my Alaska if I cancel/switch to a day that requires fewer miles, or pulling additional miles from my Alaska account if I switch to an itinerary that costs more miles than the original booking.
You need to book the ticket using Alaska miles for a guest/someone else, then put in your information with your AA number. More likely than not they won't switch programs on an award ticket if your AS number is in there booked with AS miles.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
You need to book the ticket using Alaska miles for a guest/someone else, then put in your information with your AA number. More likely than not they won't switch programs on an award ticket if your AS number is in there booked with AS miles.
I see. But not problems cancelling/changing the ticket once I book it the way you suggested?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I see. But not problems cancelling/changing the ticket once I book it the way you suggested?
What would you need to change if you do it the way suggested?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat | Delta Plat | Marriott Gold
Looking to book 5 tickets:
1) Standard
2) Companion with certificate
3) Miles
4) Miles
5) Miles

I'm looking to get these all under the same reservation - for the purposes of everyone getting free baggage under me.

anyone know if this is something I can do myself?
Can they do it over the phone if not online?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
What would you need to change if you do it the way suggested?
Cancel the booking, or change dates and the miles price changes. You know, the regular stuff that you may want to do with any award booking.
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1
1) Standard
3) Miles
4) Miles
5) Miles

I'm looking to get these all under the same reservation - for the purposes of everyone getting free baggage under me.

No possible way to get this on one booking. The companion fare can have exactly two people on the reservation, no more, no less. It will be two separate reservations;
1) Primary and companion (two travelers) with certificate
2) Three passengers booked with miles.
EkekoBWI and samosa like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
How to chose J seats on Aer Lingus for person with MVP status, I bought and have 100K if that matters.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
How to chose J seats on Aer Lingus for person with MVP status, I bought and have 100K if that matters.
https://www.aerlingus.com/html/trip-mgmt.html#?select=0
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1
1) Standard
3) Miles
4) Miles
5) Miles

You can't split payment methods on the same reservation with AS, even if you call. It's really frustrating since it limits your opportunities to share your benefits with companions since sometimes it makes sense to use cash for one party and miles for the other, etc.
mtofell likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
You can't split payment methods on the same reservation with AS, even if you call. It's really frustrating since it limits your opportunities to share your benefits with companions since sometimes it makes sense to use cash for one party and miles for the other, etc.
Yep - this drives me nuts since I want to keep gaining EQMs but want to use some of the pile of RDMs for the person I'm traveling with.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yep - this drives me nuts since I want to keep gaining EQMs but want to use some of the pile of RDMs for the person I'm traveling with.
Exactly.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Upgrade on AS (Skywest) flight as AA PLT

As an AA PLT booked with $ on the AS (operated by Skywest) AUS-SJC flight, am I eligible to get upgrade to first class. My status with AS is "tourist."

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
As an AA PLT booked with $ on the AS (operated by Skywest) AUS-SJC flight, am I eligible to get upgrade to first class. My status with AS is "tourist."

Thanks,
--woodstock
Complimentary First Class upgrades on AS are only available to AA Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum & ConciergeKey Elites.

James
JoeWoodstock and pcoll like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:40 pm

I need some additional Alaska points for a trip I am planning on booking. To get them, I was planning on transferring some Chase points to Marriott and then transferring my Marriott points to Alaska. Are there any issues I'm not thinking about with doing this (other than the not great value of transferring Chase to Marriott, but that's how the points serve me best currently)?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by humdinger
Hello all -

I'm flying LAX-SEA-PHL-Dublin, with the first two legs on Alaska and the final leg on Aer Lingus. The entire trip is on the same reservation (I believe it's the same "PNR", but I don't know the subtleties of what entails a PNR, so I hesitate to say that for sure).

My layover in PHL is about 16 hours.

When I check my luggage in LAX, do you think it'll be checked all the way through to Dublin, or will something (change in carriers, long layover in PHL?) make it so that I'll need to re-check my bags?

Thanks,
-HD
Yes, they should be able to check it all the way through. You may have two bag tags on each bag as in my experience they can only do two connections per tag. This has also led to luggage sometimes not getting all the way to the destination on your flight. (It has happened to me twice on 4 segment PNRs.)
humdinger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.