Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
EUG-LAX nonstop changed from midafternoon to 0745, and of course all the connections go via SEA ... as much as I hate the I-5/205 slog EUG-PDX, I’ll probably switch to PDX-BUR and the inbound to SEA-PDX
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evening flights ONT-SEA and SEA-ONT seem to be gone for late May.

I have an itinerary that they moved to early afternoon that I'll probably switch to LAX.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
EUG-LAX nonstop changed from midafternoon to 0745, and of course all the connections go via SEA ... as much as I hate the I-5/205 slog EUG-PDX, I’ll probably switch to PDX-BUR and the inbound to SEA-PDX
Is EUG-PDX back yet?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is EUG-PDX back yet?
Restart has been pushed back to June 17th (which is the extent of the schedule changes loaded last weekend for the dates 5/20 - 6/16).
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Evening flights ONT-SEA and SEA-ONT seem to be gone for late May.

I have an itinerary that they moved to early afternoon that I'll probably switch to LAX.
I almost changed to that flight due to the lax-fll cancellations. Decided to have a layover in PDX eventually.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
I almost changed to that flight due to the lax-fll cancellations. Decided to have a layover in PDX eventually.
I've been flying through SEA to pick up extra EQM on my usual LAX/ONT/BUR-PDX trips at relatively small extra cost and time.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
SFO-MCO-SFO non-stop fights are cancelled in May. I called and my only option is SFO-SAN-MCO (not bad) but the return MCO-SEA-SFO is terrible. It leaves 9.5 hours earlier so I lose a day or if I want to go the next day it is a full day traveling. I asked to move my reservation to October (can't go to Florida after May in my book-- too hot!) and they said no. You would think with a return flight issue of 9+ hours they would be more accomodating!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by sonomawine
SFO-MCO-SFO non-stop fights are cancelled in May. I called and my only option is SFO-SAN-MCO (not bad) but the return MCO-SEA-SFO is terrible. It leaves 9.5 hours earlier so I lose a day or if I want to go the next day it is a full day traveling. I asked to move my reservation to October (can't go to Florida after May in my book-- too hot!) and they said no. You would think with a return flight issue of 9+ hours they would be more accomodating!
Can you cancel and just add the $$$ to you wallet for an October trip?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Apologies if this was stated somewhere up thread and I missed it, but do we expect the May schedule is set as of now? I earned 75k status in 2019 primarily thru business travel, but life circumstances and a lack of business travel during the pandemic have resulted in me not flying for over a year. Don't think I'll fly for work until summer at the earliest, but would like to at least have Gold status in 2022 and I have one weekend in mid-May free of responsibility. Considering a SAN-SEA-JFK-SEA-SLC-SEA-FLL-SEA-HNL-PDX-SAN that gets me almost 29k EQM for ~$1,300. But I'd like to be a little more confident that schedule won't change between now and mid-May.

Also, am I insane?
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Can you cancel and just add the $$$ to you wallet for an October trip?
Yes, but it was one fo their good F promotional fares they ran a few months ago so it will only cover half of the current fare to move it.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Sandonkey
Apologies if this was stated somewhere up thread and I missed it, but do we expect the May schedule is set as of now? ....
from a couple days ago, just a bit upthread
Originally Posted by xliioper
Restart has been pushed back to June 17th (which is the extent of the schedule changes loaded last weekend for the dates 5/20 - 6/16).
Also, am I insane?
imo that MR is ... well, ambitious (this from the guy who did ~10k miles SEA-ANC-PDX-MCO-SAN-BWI for around $750 -- all but one segment GGU'd -- a couple years ago)
Bellerina likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 23, 2021 at 6:19 pm
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: Yes
Also, am I insane?
Besides the $1300, is your time worth it?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Considering a SAN-SEA-JFK-SEA-SLC-SEA-FLL-SEA-HNL-PDX-SAN that gets me almost 29k EQM for ~$1,300...Also, am I insane?
Default FT response: No, you are not insane, but you could do better on the CPM.

Also, are these are separate tickets or one?
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Considering a SAN-SEA-JFK-SEA-SLC-SEA-FLL-SEA-HNL-PDX-SAN that gets me almost 29k EQM for ~$1,300
Also, am I insane?
That's a terrible value but you are a few months late to the mileage running game. Now that fares have dramatically increased and discount codes have dried up (for the time being) maybe that's as good as it gets.

Insane? Not even close when judged by FT standards...
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
SEA-CVG kickoff on May 20th is hanging in there! I've been holding my breath checking the itin every Sunday morning. Anybody else here on the first flight out? (I'm making a real trip out of it, not just a quick turnaround, but I'd be up for a Bloody Mary/Mimosa lounge meet-up beforehand.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.