Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Flights through May 19th should be relatively firm at this point (with the schedule update from a couple weekends ago -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1457865). It's May 20th and beyond where there will likely be numerous future changes as it's still largely placeholder.
Airlines do multiple cuts. There will be cuts to early may schedule as we get closer. Airlines aren't stupid enough to make all their cuts this far out.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang
Airlines do multiple cuts. There will be cuts to early may schedule as we get closer. Airlines aren't stupid enough to make all their cuts this far out.
This is particularly true of AS's LAX-JFK route. A person who got caught at LAX in March 2020 when AS started to cancel that route that refused to leave the airport until they got on an AS non-stop to JFK would still be living there today. For those that need to take a flight from LAX-JFK without a stop, AS would be the least reliable option.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Is it me or has AS gotten quieter about admitting schedule changes?

I have a trip in April where the outbound changed by 50 mins and 40 mins on the return, but I didn't get an email or any notification on the web or app.

It's not a huge deal, but in the past I have been notified. Wondering if this is a pattern or a quirk....
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AS, WN, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Is it me or has AS gotten quieter about admitting schedule changes?

I have a trip in April where the outbound changed by 50 mins and 40 mins on the return, but I didn't get an email or any notification on the web or app.
They definitely have. I have a trip in early April where a 45 min layover became a 2 hour and 45 min layover- not a word. I only found out because I checked the app trying to recall the flight times when coordinating with family.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GabeDCA
They definitely have. I have a trip in early April where a 45 min layover became a 2 hour and 45 min layover- not a word. I only found out because I checked the app trying to recall the flight times when coordinating with family.
Similar situation. Had SFO-MCO shift 3 hours. And OGG-SFO go from a red-eye to afternoon. No notification email or anything in the app. Had to open the actual reservation to see the changes
Old Mar 3, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
That is why I said "relatively firm". The OAG Changes threads on airliners.net have shown consistently that the bulk of these Covid-related monthly reductions are loaded over a single weekend (this is the case with all of the legacies). There are often additional tweaks after these bulk changes, but they tend to be far less dramatic in the number of flights impacted.

You can see the huge number of flights impacted by the update to the Apr 11th - May 19th schedule a few weeks ago -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1457865

The interim updates between these bulk updates impact far fewer flights. Note the lack of AS flights over the last two weekends. You can see that DL did a bulk update to it's April schedule in the 2/23 post. And B6 and WN did major April updates over the past weekend reflected in the 3/2 post.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1458107
https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1458327
Comenius likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 3, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I fly PDX PSP a lot, and was just booking some flights and see what I think is a really stupid change. These go from 3 nonstops a day down to one in very early April and the northbound flight leaves PSP at 7:30am which is a ridiculous time for tourists heading home. I just booked all mine via SEA. Hopefully whomever schedules the flights will realize this is a 100% tourist destination and only one northbound flight in early AM will only cause fewer bookings or use a competitor on a one stop such as UA or now WN via OAK or PHX
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
... Hopefully whomever schedules the flights will realize this is a 100% tourist destination and only one northbound flight in early AM will only cause fewer bookings or use a competitor on a one stop such as UA or now WN via OAK or PHX
as much as you would like AS to optimize your PDX<>PSP schedules, you have to remember that their objective is to balance aircraft utilization and crew scheduling and revenue management across their entire network
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
We were booked April 4th SEA-LAX-HNL, seats 8A/8C on both HNL bound legs.

Last night I looked up the reservation, and found that they had changed our itinerary to SEA-SAN-HNL, and that our premium seats assignments were changed to UNASSIGNED. After over an hour on hold, I was able to grab 8D/8F for SEA-SAN, but on the SAN-HNL flight our only options are either 6A/6C (which don't work because of disability) or 10C/10D. No other seats available in either first class or premium, and we're still a month out! (Finally got the notice that our flight had been changed this morning)

This crap is really getting ridiculous, I can understand not getting an upgrade to F, but am I just being entitled by getting upset about having our premium seat assignments changed to where we're across the aisle now? I guess it'e better than last week when they pushed us down to main cabin, then tried to put someone between us. (and our only solution was to switch our reservations)

Anyone know of an airline that will status match a AS 75K/UA silver and a AS MVPG? We're so frustrated with AS.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Looks like SFO/EWR will no longer be daily in May. Schedule change notice (need to call) and I see the outbound isn't operating on my day of travel. Oh joy. Not sure if I'll be going via LAX or SEA.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: AS, WN, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by MileageMule

Anyone know of an airline that will status match a AS 75K/UA silver and a AS MVPG? We're so frustrated with AS.
Pretty much all of the big airlines do status matches- you just have to be able to complete a challenge, which may be tough right now. I don't know of any that are running matches w/o challenge, except AS right now.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by MileageMule
We were booked April 4th SEA-LAX-HNL, seats 8A/8C on both HNL bound legs.

Last night I looked up the reservation, and found that they had changed our itinerary to SEA-SAN-HNL, and that our premium seats assignments were changed to UNASSIGNED. After over an hour on hold, I was able to grab 8D/8F for SEA-SAN, but on the SAN-HNL flight our only options are either 6A/6C (which don't work because of disability) or 10C/10D. No other seats available in either first class or premium, and we're still a month out! (Finally got the notice that our flight had been changed this morning)

This crap is really getting ridiculous, I can understand not getting an upgrade to F, but am I just being entitled by getting upset about having our premium seat assignments changed to where we're across the aisle now? I guess it'e better than last week when they pushed us down to main cabin, then tried to put someone between us. (and our only solution was to switch our reservations)

You're gonna run into the same issue with any airline. The root of your problem is the pandemic making travel unpredictable. The grass is always greener on the other side. You can do a status challenge to DL (virtually no soft products) or pay some money for a challenge to AA (probably less competition from SEA but AA is the most stingy out of the big 3). In any case I doubt you'll find a top status that is both easy to achieve and provides as much as benefits as mvpg 75k. If you're so inflexible such that not seating on the same side of the plane is a deal breaker then traveling during this time is not for you

Last edited by AndyKehn; Mar 7, 2021 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
If you're so inflexible such that not seating on the same side of the plane is a deal breaker than traveling during this time is not for you
Funny thing is that this would be my ideal Y seating choice when flying with a companion. Even if the rows aren't perfectly aligned, it remains my favo(u)rite Y seating selection.

As for all of these schedule and routing changes, I'm just rolling with it, having temporary bouts of minor aggravation, and know that the worst that occurs is that I will / have canceled trips because I'd consider all of my travel since March 2020, save one trip to So Cal last year, not necessary travel.

Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Looks like SFO/EWR will no longer be daily in May. Schedule change notice (need to call) and I see the outbound isn't operating on my day of travel. Oh joy. Not sure if I'll be going via LAX or SEA.
I have booked away from AS all of this year (so far) and last year due to its skeleton schedule between the east coast and SFO/LAX. I don't blame AS at all (given its overall network), but I am also not going out of my way to fly with AS.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My EWR flights are still operating on a Friday/Sunday trip. I did cancel one EWR itinerary as it's outside the 90 day NY vaccine waiver for me (had my second shot mid-February). Rebooked that second trip to late March. No need to wait for May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.