Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by psychtobe
are all pdx pae flights gone? is pae even open? i see zero options for early March and since my final destination is Mt Vernon, pae is vastly superior to either bli one stop or sea.
I can't remember the last time they had PAE-PDX flights....maybe about year ago?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
t
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I can't remember the last time they had PAE-PDX flights....maybe about year ago?
that would have been the last time i flew for business, per pandemic. But i find AS really useless for travel to points in northern WA state requiring either a layover in sea to get to bli, or dealing with sea and driving through the whole city, and worse, driving back from the northern suburbs through the city during rush hour. i took the train once from Vancouver WA and got to bli before my partner, who had to drive to PDX and park, deal with security and the flight and the layover and another flight. without a nonstop to bli or any flight to pae, i don’t think of AS as being much use from portland metro to everett north (pre pandemic pdx-yvr was an option, too).
Old Feb 15, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
PAE is open

Originally Posted by psychtobe
are all pdx pae flights gone? is pae even open? i see zero options for early March and since my final destination is Mt Vernon, pae is vastly superior to either bli one stop or sea.
PAE is open. A few messages upstream is my post about PAE-SAN. And a quick check of the AS site shows PAE-PHX and PAE-LAS, at the very least, in early March. So flights are scheduled. But not as many as could be.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 11:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Called tonight and moved my two rescheduled SFO-JFK trips, which had me arriving at JFK at 10pm on Friday and departing at 8am on Monday, on the only remaining flights, over to EWR with more favorable flight times (in at 3pm, out at 4pm). At 10:30 tonight the wait time was 34-52 minutes. I had a call back from Phoenix in 7 minutes.
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tom911
Called tonight and moved my two rescheduled SFO-JFK trips, which had me arriving at JFK at 10pm on Friday and departing at 8am on Monday, on the only remaining flights, over to EWR with more favorable flight times (in at 3pm, out at 4pm). At 10:30 tonight the wait time was 34-52 minutes. I had a call back from Phoenix in 7 minutes.
Yup. That JFK schedule isn't pleasant for much useful time in NYC. See you on a May SFO/EWR flight
tom911 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tom911
Another point I was going to make has been that the AS agents (once you reach them have been more than competent and able to efficiently process reasonable requests, like change connecting cities, change to co-terminal airports (even when the original airport maintains service), etc., during this time.
tom911, skyblue and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
My "please contact us" schedule change of only 20 minutes just accepted all by itself and no longer shows that banner.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My SFO-ORD and ORD-SFO in May were rescheduled from 10:55a and 6:25p to 8:25a and 3:35p respectively. I noticed it last week when I happened to log in on the Alaska website. Now though there is no trace of the mention then of original schedule vs new schedule, even though I never confirmed the schedule change.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by buzglyd
My "please contact us" schedule change of only 20 minutes just accepted all by itself and no longer shows that banner.
I had this issue for a flight change of 1 hour.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I had a pair of morning IAD-SEA flights that automagically became evening flights ... nope, gotta call to get on the morning DCA-SEA (the website will let me change, but wants to collect $$)

reporting back: quoted a 6- to 11-minute hold, agent picked up at ~21 min, and we were done with both at ~28 min ... while I was on hold I poked around the website and was able to turn both into mini-MRs -- with no add-collects for segment fees/taxes! (DCA-LAX-BOI-SEA on one, DCA-LAX-PDX-SEA on the other)
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 17, 2021 at 3:55 pm Reason: after-action report ;)
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by buzglyd
I had one "fix" itself without calling in because I was too busy to be bothered with it for a few days. It turned this...

SEA > SFO > OGG > OAK > SEA

...into this:

SEA > LAX > OGG > SEA > OAK > SEA

The AI really, really wanted to route me through OAK no matter what. Fixed it with a call.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if this was your "overnight" OAK layover, I can understand why the AI did what it did :/

"Artificial Intelligence is for when the real thing won't work!" (the cartoon dates from ~1987)
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I had one "fix" itself without calling in because I was too busy to be bothered with it for a few days. It turned this...

SEA > SFO > OGG > OAK > SEA

...into this:

SEA > LAX > OGG > SEA > OAK > SEA

The AI really, really wanted to route me through OAK no matter what. Fixed it with a call.
Unless it involved an overnight in OAK, I would have kept it....they are basically giving you over 1500 EQMs at their expense.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by jrl767
if this was your "overnight" OAK layover, I can understand why the AI did what it did :/

"Artificial Intelligence is for when the real thing won't work!" (the cartoon dates from ~1987)
I have two itins that originally overnighted at OAK, same schedule till some flights disappeared. The first one I routed back through ANC. This latter one now just goes SEA > LAX > OGG > SEA. An OAK-free revision.

1987 computer graphics, wow. I was still all DOS and CLI (the latter of which I stick to whenever possible), but did flirt with an Apple Lisa around then. Wasn't meant to be.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Unless it involved an overnight in OAK, I would have kept it....they are basically giving you over 1500 EQMs at their expense.
I'll likely have to cancel this one because of work stuff, the one's that now SEA > LAX > OGG> SEA.

The other one, though, I called in and managed to turn what was SEA > SFO > OGG > OAK > SEA to SEA > LAX > OGG > ANC > SEA, which also added around 1500 BIS miles (6026 to 7684).

The sweet spot is that I found the original routing during one of the 30% or 40% off sales for $288. (Maui for $288 RT. That's a Bingo!)

Last I checked, to book the route that includes ANC would be nearly $1K.

I've done a few mileage runs but prefer to actually visit places. Never been to Alaska, so I'll technically get to check one more state off the list. Then just six more to go. (But planning to take younger daughter for a proper Alaska visit later this year.)

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Feb 17, 2021 at 7:48 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I have two itins that orginally overnighted at OAK, same schedule till some flights disappeared. The first one I routed back through ANC. This latter one now just goes SEA > LAX > OGG > SEA. An OAK-free revision.

1987 computer graphics, wow. I was still all DOS and CLI (the latter of which I stick to whenever possible), but did flirt with an Apple Lisa around then. Wasn't meant to be.

I'll likely have to cancel this one because of work stuff, the one's that now SEA > LAX > OGG> SEA.

The other one, though, I called in and managed to turn what was SEA > SFO > OGG > OAK > SEA to SEA > LAX > OGG > ANC > SEA, which also added around 1500 BIS miles (6026 to 7684).

The sweet spot is that I found the original routing during one of the 30% or 40% off sales for $288. (Maui for $288 RT. That's a Bingo!)

Last I checked, to book the route that includes ANC would be nearly $1K.

I've done a few mileage runs but prefer to actually visit places. Never been to Alaska, so I'll technically get to check one more state off the list. Then just six more to go. (But planning to take younger daughter for a proper Alaska visit later this year.)
Wow....winner winner chicken dinner....you got the prize of all mileage run prizes....a Hawaii trip routed via ANC. Did you have to ask the agent for that? I was able to get them to route me via ANC years ago due I think to a schedule change....we actually had a long enough layover in ANC to drive down to the Alyeska Resort for breakfast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.