Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow....winner winner chicken dinner....you got the prize of all mileage run prizes....a Hawaii trip routed via ANC. Did you have to ask the agent for that? I was able to get them to route me via ANC years ago due I think to a schedule change....we actually had a long enough layover in ANC to drive down to the Alyeska Resort for breakfast
Yes, I researched routings that got me back to SEA around the same time and asked to go through ANC. I didn't even wait to hear what alternative they were going to offer. I was a little surprised the Agent agreed to it. I'll only have enough time in ANC for a couple Bloody Marys in the lounge. Plus, there'll probably still be some COVID-19 restrictions I wouldn't be able to skirt (the trip via ANC is in late March, the other, late April).

Edit: Both itins have 4 nights on Maui. No way I'd just MR through Hawaii.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Yes, I researched routings that got me back to SEA around the same time and asked to go through ANC. I didn't even wait to hear what alternative they were going to offer. I was a little surprised the Agent agreed to it. I'll only have enough time in ANC for a couple Bloody Marys in the lounge. Plus, there'll probably still be some COVID-19 restrictions I wouldn't be able to skirt (the trip via ANC is in late March, the other, late April).

Edit: Both itins have 4 nights on Maui. No way I'd just MR through Hawaii.
Oh no, don't MR through Hawaii....just MR on the way home
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
... I called in and managed to turn what was SEA > SFO > OGG > OAK > SEA to SEA > LAX > OGG > ANC > SEA, which also added around 1500 BIS miles (6026 to 7684).

The sweet spot is that I found the original routing during one of the 30% or 40% off sales for $288. (Maui for $288 RT. That's a Bingo!)

Last I checked, to book the route that includes ANC would be nearly $1K. ...
I’m sitting on that exact itinerary (overnight at OAK, arriving ~1155pm and departing ~noon; nearby Holiday Inn on points) for mid Oct, booked in I for something like $419 each way ... unfortunately I don’t think Mrs767 will be too thrilled to reroute on *any* redeye, much less via ANC
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The PDX-ONT route has been reduced from twice daily to once daily until later summer. Have to cancel, wasted my 30% off with a good deal back then on that route. And my LAX-FLL mileage run no longer works without an overnight stay. Not happy!

Question, I used discount code when making the reservation, and the agent refuse to re-issue a new one if I want to book a new route (LAX-IAD still mileage run workable). Is it how things work? Feels like they lure us in with a discount code, then boom, your route no longer works and you won't have your discount code back.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by simonsuo
The PDX-ONT route has been reduced from twice daily to once daily until later summer. Have to cancel, wasted my 30% off with a good deal back then on that route. And my LAX-FLL mileage run no longer works without an overnight stay. Not happy!

Question, I used discount code when making the reservation, and the agent refuse to re-issue a new one if I want to book a new route (LAX-IAD still mileage run workable). Is it how things work? Feels like they lure us in with a discount code, then boom, your route no longer works and you won't have your discount code back.
Yes this is how things work. I had an upfare of approx $60 to get moved to an itinerary that worked for me (from a different departing airport) and asked the agent if I could have the code back. She said no. Then I asked if she could give me a $50 voucher as goodwill gesture and she said yes.
be_rettSEA, anteater and simonsuo like this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m sitting on that exact itinerary (overnight at OAK, arriving ~1155pm and departing ~noon; nearby Holiday Inn on points) for mid Oct, booked in I for something like $419 each way ... unfortunately I don’t think Mrs767 will be too thrilled to reroute on *any* redeye, much less via ANC
I reckon I'm lucky that most of my sometime travel companions wouldn't mind a redeye back from Hawaii, though a couple probably wouldn't care for the stopover along the way.

I don't mind overnighting in a terminal by myself, but would never ask someone else to. Esp. OAK. Pretty sure the reason I was flying out of OAK at 7 AM was because that flight was by far cheaper than all the later OAK>SEA flights on those days and I was trying to book only with what Wallet funds I had at that point.

I will say this: I hope one can get a Gin and Tonic again by the time I redeye OGG > ANC. Those have always key to bearable redeyes for me.

Eight months out, but I hope you have a grand time in OGG. I certainly can't wait to get back to my favorite hiking trails and snorkeling spots.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow....winner winner chicken dinner....you got the prize of all mileage run prizes....a Hawaii trip routed via ANC. Did you have to ask the agent for that? I was able to get them to route me via ANC years ago due I think to a schedule change....we actually had a long enough layover in ANC to drive down to the Alyeska Resort for breakfast
Back when NW flew ANC-OGG, it wasn’t at all uncommon for people to go MSP-ANC-OGG (all on the same plane, different flight numbers though).
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:18 am

Will SFO-HNL fly nonstop in early May?

I booked a nonstop SFO to HNL flight for early May. I did this months ago thinking that Alaska was actively serving this route. Right now all the flights have stopovers at SEA or other airports and they are not even claiming to have direct flights until April. I am not sure I believe them. What are the odds that this route will be activated by early May? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HawaiianEgg
I booked a nonstop SFO to HNL flight for early May. I did this months ago thinking that Alaska was actively serving this route. Right now all the flights have stopovers at SEA or other airports and they are not even claiming to have direct flights until April. I am not sure I believe them. What are the odds that this route will be activated by early May? Thanks in advance.
I'd give the odds a "so so." I'm currently booked on an April HNL/SFO. My outbound is now via LAX. It is still scheduled, but not daily, in April.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'd give the odds a "so so." I'm currently booked on an April HNL/SFO. My outbound is now via LAX. It is still scheduled, but not daily, in April.
I believe that once Alaska confirms that the direct flight is canceled (if that happens), I can get a refund which is what I'd prefer. Do you know how long they would wait to tell me? I am hoping not to get a last minute email that I am being rerouted through SEA or somewhere else.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I believe that once Alaska confirms that the direct flight is canceled (if that happens), I can get a refund which is what I'd prefer. Do you know how long they would wait to tell me? I am hoping not to get a last minute email that I am being rerouted through SEA or somewhere else.
You would be eligible for a refund in that situation. They may not actively tell you about a schedule change. It's a good practice to pull up your reservations on the web or app every Sunday or Monday to check for changes.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 9:45 am

I just found out my early may direct flight was cancelled. Rerouted via SAN. I may keep the extra legs as I intend to go to Hawaii still.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Does AS entertain requests to change routing if one leg of a connecting itinerary changes to non-mainline?

One of my flights was changed to an E175, and trying to see if there is an opportunity here to re-route and pick up some more miles.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Here we go again - not sure yet how I've been rebooked, but it is the third time this month.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by econ
Does AS entertain requests to change routing if one leg of a connecting itinerary changes to non-mainline?

One of my flights was changed to an E175, and trying to see if there is an opportunity here to re-route and pick up some more miles.
Did the departure or arrival time change >1 hr? I don't believe change of aircraft type/operating airline with AS designation would qualify for this, but a SDC may still be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.