Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HawaiianEgg
I booked a nonstop SFO to HNL flight for early May. I did this months ago thinking that Alaska was actively serving this route. Right now all the flights have stopovers at SEA or other airports and they are not even claiming to have direct flights until April. I am not sure I believe them. What are the odds that this route will be activated by early May? Thanks in advance.
AS updated it's schedule through May 19th a week and a half ago. The 4x weekly schedule starting in April through mid-May is likely fairly secure. The daily flights showing on May 20th and later are probably not as secure and could very likely get reduced to 4x weekly flights as scheduled before May 20th.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Did the departure or arrival time change >1 hr? I don't believe change of aircraft type/operating airline with AS designation would qualify for this, but a SDC may still be possible.
change of operating carrier from mainline to regional affiliate (or from one regional affiliate to another) always qualifies for a refund
econ and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jrl767
change of operating carrier from mainline to regional affiliate (or from one regional affiliate to another) always qualifies for a refund
learned something new today - thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Here we go again - not sure yet how I've been rebooked, but it is the third time this month.
The issue this time was solely the change of two segments from P to D. No schedule change, but I didn't receive the "change to Oneworld" message, I received the other "your reservation needs animal assistance" message.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The issue this time was ... the other "your reservation needs animal assistance" message.
really?
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
A few change banners popped up in the app but it says system down due to integrating with One World.

I pulled up the flights and it doesn’t look like much of a change. Perhaps the fare code changed and we’re waiting for the system to update?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by buzglyd
A few change banners popped up in the app but it says system down due to integrating with One World.

I pulled up the flights and it doesn’t look like much of a change. Perhaps the fare code changed and we’re waiting for the system to update?
The change banners on mine have gone away this morning and the fare code has changed from R to G. I'm feeling a little sentimental about R. We had good times together.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by PDXpress
The change banners on mine have gone away this morning and the fare code has changed from R to G. I'm feeling a little sentimental about R. We had good times together.
My mid-April flights are restored, but nothing else through the end of May. The fact that the message says, "Otherwise, please check back in a few hours" makes me think this might be taking a bit longer than anticipated. Hang in there, AS IT!
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Did the departure or arrival time change >1 hr? I don't believe change of aircraft type/operating airline with AS designation would qualify for this, but a SDC may still be possible.
Wait so you're telling me I'm allowed to have my flight switched if they changed the departure for over an hour. I have a flight on sunday that got scheduled changed around 2 months ago, departing at 11 instead of 1... you think that card could still work to get me on a nonstop instead?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by itripreport
Wait so you're telling me I'm allowed to have my flight switched if they changed the departure for over an hour. I have a flight on sunday that got scheduled changed around 2 months ago, departing at 11 instead of 1... you think that card could still work to get me on a nonstop instead?
The only way to find out now would be to call, but back when you accepted the change, yes, it would've worked quite easily.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by itripreport
That should qualify you if you haven't accepted the change (and maybe still even if you have). Give AS a call and see what your options are.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you should be ok if you didn't actually click "ACCEPT" or if the new flight just automagically appeared with no action on your part

for a qualifying schedule change -- arrival/departure time change over X number of minutes (60? 90? may depend on whether it's a domestic or intl itinerary), arrival/departure time changing less than X number of minutes but creating an illegal or impossible connection, nonstop changing to a connection, change of operating carrier (mainline to regional affiliate, or one regional affiliate to another), there may be one or two more -- you always have the right to suggest a reasonable option or request a refund
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jrl767
you should be ok if you didn't actually click "ACCEPT" or if the new flight just automagically appeared with no action on your part
I don't think it matters whether you click ACCEPT or not. I do it just to get rid of the change banners and it has never affected AS reps' willingness to fix schedule changes.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got pushback a couple years ago, which led me to believe that doing so took away my option to reconsider (turned out I had to cancel the trip later anyway, so it was moot)
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
I'm getting a "flight schedule changes" alert on one of my bookings, on the website only (not on the app).

LAX-SEA-DTW
ORD-SEA-BUR

In May. All the flights still appear to be bookable, so I'll wait a bit and see if it works itself out before I call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.