Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by northwesterner
I'm getting a "flight schedule changes" alert on one of my bookings, on the website only (not on the app).

LAX-SEA-DTW
ORD-SEA-BUR

In May. All the flights still appear to be bookable, so I'll wait a bit and see if it works itself out before I call.
I'm getting one for April (PDX-SEA-FCA) on the app, but not on the website....lol.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by northwesterner
I'm getting a "flight schedule changes" alert on one of my bookings, on the website only (not on the app).

LAX-SEA-DTW
ORD-SEA-BUR

In May. All the flights still appear to be bookable, so I'll wait a bit and see if it works itself out before I call.
I have two reservations on the same flight; one has a notice and one doesn't. Flight is still bookable (May 22)
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I have two reservations on the same flight; one has a notice and one doesn't. Flight is still bookable (May 22)
Does the one with a notice have seat buckets that map to a new buckets, and the one without the notice not?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Does the one with a notice have seat buckets that map to a new buckets, and the one without the notice not?
The reservation with the notice leads to an error (Reservation temporarily inaccessible - We are currently unable to display your reservation as we transition our systems to oneworld. If you are flying in the next 24 hours, please contact us. Otherwise, please check back in a few hours.). The other looks normal.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
EB1K chanelling a 1950's film ?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
This sounds like something from "The Court Jester" 1955 (vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace).

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Last edited by dayone; Feb 26, 2021 at 1:47 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
In January I used the MVP/G 30% off code to book LAX-JFK as a nonstop in F on May 15. Now checking the itinerary it's showing me as having to route through SFO; the website is showing that the only LAX-NYC nonstop that day is the 8:10 AM flight to EWR.

I expect that I could get them to put me on the LAX-EWR flight at no extra cost to myself but is it even worth taking the time to do that right now? I did not get any kind of alert from Alaska about this but I'm not sure if that's them dropping the ball or if they didn't let me know because they're expecting that there might be further schedule changes. Could this just sort itself out and see me back on an LAX-JFK nonstop in another month, for instance?

Basically landing at EWR would actually be more convenient for me but I'm wondering how close to the travel date I should wait to be reasonably confident I'm not going to just keep getting bounced around on flight changes.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Could this just sort itself out and see me back on an LAX-JFK nonstop in another month, for instance?
LAX-JFK has been off the schedule for nearly a year already. The chances of them reinstating that flight after already cancelling it is very close to zero. Count yourself lucky there is still an option to get to EWR--though I would not count on that either. Expect that you will connect or take another carrier--then if they do end up keeping the flight to EWR you will not be dissapointed
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
LAX-JFK has been off the schedule for nearly a year already. The chances of them reinstating that flight after already cancelling it is very close to zero. Count yourself lucky there is still an option to get to EWR--though I would not count on that either. Expect that you will connect or take another carrier--then if they do end up keeping the flight to EWR you will not be dissapointed
Weird that they let me book it in January if it's already been gone for that long. In fact they're still showing LAX-JFK nonstops on May 14 and May 16 as of right now.

But I guess I'll go ahead and call them about putting me on the EWR flight. What are the rules on this--am I entitled to the co-terminal switch at no extra cost or would it simply be the agent doing me a favor by doing that for me?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Weird that they let me book it in January if it's already been gone for that long. In fact they're still showing LAX-JFK nonstops on May 14 and May 16 as of right now.

But I guess I'll go ahead and call them about putting me on the EWR flight. What are the rules on this--am I entitled to the co-terminal switch at no extra cost or would it simply be the agent doing me a favor by doing that for me?
They've been good regarding OAK and SFO coterminals without issue.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold

I've never had a problem with AS doing co-terminal changes--as long as their website groups the airports together (for example you can choose to search 'Bay Area' or SFO/SJC/OAK individually, same for Dallas, LA, NYC, Seattle, etc.) and you call shortly after you are notified that your flight changed they should be willing/able to make the swap.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
I've never had a problem with AS doing co-terminal changes--as long as their website groups the airports together (for example you can choose to search 'Bay Area' or SFO/SJC/OAK individually, same for Dallas, LA, NYC, Seattle, etc.) and you call shortly after you are notified that your flight changed they should be willing/able to make the swap.
I had a PAE-LAX cancel so I asked to move to SEA-BUR, and with co-terminal changes on both ends it required a supervisors authorization.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I had 2 reservation from LAX-FLL-LAX, 1 eventually changed to LAX-FLL-LAX-SEA-ONT, the other changed to SNA-SEA-FLL-LAX. Both just one end co-terminal change, straight forward by calling, no questions asked.
Also, all my reservations up to May have been updated, but anything in June and later still shows that oneworld transition error message.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The pattern with the airlines is that they have left many flights in the future schedule which will ultimately not be needed. They only start pairing them down closer to flight dates as they get a better idea on how much capacity they will actually need. In this case, AS has left 5 daily flights on LAX-JFK loaded in the future schedule, but they have been pairing the flights down to 1 daily flight with no Saturday flight (that is why there is no flight on the 15th) as they get closer to actual flight dates. They paired down the future schedule through May 19th a couple weekends ago. This is why you see the number of daily flights jump from 1 to 5 on May 20th. In a few weeks, they will do yet another pairing of flights and you will see reductions of flights beyond May 20th for another month or so out. At some point, they will start having more daily frequencies on this route than 1. But it will likely take quite awhile before they get back to the 5 daily flights that is currently showing further out in the schedule.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 26, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
You are allowed to book because there is a schedule, but it is purely a placeholder schedule. Until things get back to somewhat of normalcy, schedules will finalize a month at a time, meaning your May flights are still very much up in the air

It's still active in the itinerary because AS hasn't gotten that far ahead in the schedule. Check back around April timeframe.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
You are allowed to book because there is a schedule, but it is purely a placeholder schedule. Until things get back to somewhat of normalcy, schedules will finalize a month at a time, meaning your May flights are still very much up in the air

It's still active in the itinerary because AS hasn't gotten that far ahead in the schedule. Check back around April timeframe.
Flights through May 19th should be relatively firm at this point (with the schedule update from a couple weekends ago -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1457865). It's May 20th and beyond where there will likely be numerous future changes as it's still largely placeholder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.