Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Marriott Plat
Looks like all the LAX-TPA flights got punted also. I believe Delta is still running that route so I hope Alaska returns.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
JetBlue and AA earn EQD a lot, well, less, when you apply them to AA.
For about $1000, I was going to earn $2820+ in EQD, and also, I like Florida, but had no reason to go. If I get my flights rerouted through Seattle, I might be out some extra hotel money (and ugh, apparently not earning any Hyatt points), but I'll earn $4380 EQD. I can see this as a win, even if I am now out some extra hotel costs and time, if they'll go for it, and I can get the days and times reasonable. Does Alaska have to honor a commitment to get me there even if its long and annoying, or can they just say poo poo and I am out of luck?
You can call and ask what they might be able to do for you but you would have to hurry as with only one flight a day system-wide operating into FLL on AS, the options are obviously limited and they are well within their rights to just offer you a refund. The question then becomes is it worth getting status? Just because it is possible with mileage runs doesn't always mean that it makes sense--especially if you are not doing a lot of travel along the west coast where AS has service or don't enjoy connecting in SEA everywhere you go.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:17 pm

My flight AS1097, Nov 2021, from IAD to LAX was cancelled.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's my opinion, but for those who have their California-Florida flights cancelled and complaining about waking up early; if you wake up early and go to the airport sleepy, you would be sleeping much more easily onboard without taking a sleeping pill. There is no sense to stay awake on a 5h Alaska flight unless you need to work on your computer.
I fell asleep last weekend and missed the Peatos, I cannot let that happen again.
pcoll and simonsuo like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by IggySD
I fell asleep last weekend and missed the Peatos, I cannot let that happen again.
This thread is about the AS schedule, not your sleep schedule.
pcoll, vanillabean and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mahogany
My flight AS1097, Nov 2021, from IAD to LAX was cancelled.
You must be traveling on Saturday as only the 6th and 13th have been cancelled in November so far.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And so, when one doesn't have a life of leisure, or doesn't want to fly what turns into convoluted mileage runs in order to spend less time at the desired destination, AS is getting increasingly difficult to rely upon as a SFO/OAK flyer. And no, SJC is not an option.
I remember when I had less time and happily flew out of any Bay Area airport, even SMF and RNO. And now that I have more time, it’s always SFO. I don’t quite know why that is.

Last edited by vanillabean; Jun 8, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:14 pm

My SFO to HNL flights have all changed in time, but - knock on wood - thus far do not involve a connection in SEA. We’ll roll with the time changes, but we’ve been thinking - - mistakenly as it turns out - - that AS would be returning to a normal flight schedule as the pandemic gradually recedes. Instead, AS appears to be still cutting, and that’s going to be a problem for us for two reasons. First, we just won’t want to fly through SEA to get anywhere. Second, having spent a lot of time at SEA, there may not be a more land-locked and space-constrained airport in the country outside of perhaps DCA. It simply is not a reliable connection point in anything other than bright sunshine. Understand and appreciate others may view all-day extra flying as a good thing - I did earlier in life - but at this stage we just want to get to our destination and back predictably and efficiently.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by fly18725
AS is focused on restoring capacity where there is demand. SEA has recovered well and most of the regional destinations feeding SEA are above 2019 demand. The Bay Area remains below 50% of 2019 levels.
I can only imagine what SEA would be like this summer if cruises were operating
ffman999 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
My SFO to HNL flights have all changed in time, but - knock on wood - thus far do not involve a connection in SEA. We’ll roll with the time changes, but we’ve been thinking - - mistakenly as it turns out - - that AS would be returning to a normal flight schedule as the pandemic gradually recedes. Instead, AS appears to be still cutting, and that’s going to be a problem for us for two reasons. First, we just won’t want to fly through SEA to get anywhere. Second, having spent a lot of time at SEA, there may not be a more land-locked and space-constrained airport in the country outside of perhaps DCA. It simply is not a reliable connection point in anything other than bright sunshine. Understand and appreciate others may view all-day extra flying as a good thing - I did earlier in life - but at this stage we just want to get to our destination and back predictably and efficiently.
One thing for sure is the Alaska Companion Fare is pretty useless out of Bay Area now
ffman999 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by boycruz
I can only imagine what SEA would be like this summer if cruises were operating
It looks like cruises from Seattle to Alaska will be a go .
Currently, looks like they will resume in August. (Fully vaccinated passengers)
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Alaska, you're killing me. I'd have gladly taken you next month to an event in NYC. But you can only get me there nonstop in one direction,and I ended up buying a ticket on DL. I'd even pay the same, or a few dollars more, to sit on your planes, as I can almost smell 75K at this point. But DL gives me a lounge on both ends, and a lie flat seat both ways, with a lovely AVOD system, nonstop, at times I actually want to fly. So now, 3 of my next 4 domestic longhaul segments are on other airlines, in paid (discounted) front cabin - and these aren't the extra bargain basement COVID F fares, and on routes that AS used to or still kinda sorta serve.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Alaska, you're killing me. I'd have gladly taken you next month to an event in NYC. But you can only get me there nonstop in one direction,and I ended up buying a ticket on DL.
Will definitely be interesting to see what AS ends up doing with the JFK slots. Would not surprise me if they just abandoned most of them at this point. You can’t attract business customers with the product and schedule they have been running. Going for the $129 each way tourists will be a money losing proposition. AS does not have the stomach to lose their shirts on routes which are not profitable. They also made it very clear that product differentiation is not in the cards. So the easy way out at this point would be to drop them.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
my LAX-JFK redeye canceled the last round, still haven't decided what to do about it. I can re-route and co-terminal change saving tons of $, but JFK is still lounge dry, and still no words when it's gonna reopen. If I ask for a refund, it is just around $200 and I felt that I'm losing out on the cheap miles when the fare ont-sea-jfk return at least cost double that price, and now maybe tripled or quardupled.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Ugh I wish I had seen this sooner. Our nonstop PDX-LIH was cancelled. One day less of vacation now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.