Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
*technically* that's a change of operating carrier, which is a get-out-of-schedule-jail-free card

(btw this is the MAY Schedule Changes thread ... yes it HAPPENED in May, but I think that's a technicality, and it may be a bit too early to start a September Schedule Changes thread )
Old May 18, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I think there was a schedule change last Saturday night that covered the rest of the summer--I had a few changes but nothing major.
Old May 18, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I guess this means the SkyWest operated PDX-ORD redeye that starts 6/17 will stick? I don't recall them operating this pre-COVID. I don't remember any OO or QX operated redeyes for that matter.
Old May 18, 2021, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I guess this means the SkyWest operated PDX-ORD redeye that starts 6/17 will stick? I don't recall them operating this pre-COVID. I don't remember any OO or QX operated redeyes for that matter.
Years ago I remember flying PDX-DFW on the E175....not sure if it was OO or QX. I would say anything in the schedule through at least August at this point will stick. If AS starts adding very many red-eyes to the PDX schedule, I hope the lounge will consider longer hours into the evening. I was in the N lounge up in SEA the other day and there were quite a few people there when it closed at 10pm....I really wish they would stay open at least until 11pm.
Old May 18, 2021, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just had a September schedule change. No time change - but a change from 3xxx to 2xxx - I wonder if more flights will be shifting to QX.
I just had both flights on an early August LAX-PDX RT change. Both changed times by a few hours, one changed from an Airbus to an E75. It's a nice chance to pick up a segment or two to seattle that was expensive when I bought the ticket.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody know what we're up to as far as the schedule goes....it appears that the most recent schedule change went into September, but I'm seeing some flights magically show up in September that don't exist now--like PDX-EUG (I think that is one of the few QX routes cut during the pandemic that hasn't been reinstated) and SEA-FAT is showing mainline on Labor Day weekend so that's definitely new but it may just be a placeholder before the next schedule change.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Anybody know what we're up to as far as the schedule goes....it appears that the most recent schedule change went into September, but I'm seeing some flights magically show up in September that don't exist now--like PDX-EUG (I think that is one of the few QX routes cut during the pandemic that hasn't been reinstated) and SEA-FAT is showing mainline on Labor Day weekend so that's definitely new but it may just be a placeholder before the next schedule change.
Looks like it goes out to August 16th to me. For example, SEA-SFO jumps from 8 daily frequencies to 11 on the 17th. SEA-FAT goes from 4x QX to 2x mainline/2x QX on the 17th as well. I suspect that capacity jump will likely not stick. Also, SEA-SJC goes from 4x mainline + 1 Skywest to 8x daily mainline on the 17th. PDX-MFR currently goes from 1x daily to 3x daily on the 17th.

Last edited by xliioper; May 28, 2021 at 1:42 pm
Old May 28, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xliioper
Looks like it goes out to August 16th to me. For example, SEA-SFO jumps from 8 daily frequencies to 11 on the 17th. SEA-FAT goes from 4x QX to 2x mainline/2x QX on the 17th as well. I suspect that capacity jump will likely not stick. Also, SEA-SJC goes from 4x mainline + 1 Skywest to 8x daily mainline on the 17th. PDX-MFR currently goes from 1x daily to 3x daily on the 17th.
You could be right--I thought they had gone into September but maybe not....PDX-EUG non-stop supposedly returns on 9/8 but that could just be route-specific.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since we're into June, I would expect the next schedule change that will cover the remainder of the summer (beyond August 16th) to happen either tonight or next Saturday. It will be interesting to see what routes remain and which routes are added (if any) after the Labor Day weekend.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Since we're into June, I would expect the next schedule change that will cover the remainder of the summer (beyond August 16th) to happen either tonight or next Saturday. It will be interesting to see what routes remain and which routes are added (if any) after the Labor Day weekend.

I hope they change the SEA to MKE daily flights to a later departure each way. Just a wish and a hope.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like tonight is the night so be sure and check reservations for late August through September.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:10 am

Alaska is asking me to call in about a schedule change for a trip in August. I have a flight that is OGG (Maui) - SFO - BOS. Looking at their website, it seems that the OGG-SFO flight has been canceled. I have a pair tickets with a Companion Fare booked in Main and another pair (with a Companion Fare) booked in Saver. Wondering if you all could help me with a few questions before I call them:
1. If it is indeed a schedule change, would I be able to change the date of the flight? I'd like to depart a day later.
2. I paid to upgrade to Premium Economy on one of the legs, that should still be good on a new flight, correct?
3. Would I be able to ask them to put us in Exit Row seats? Not sure what type of allowance occurs on schedule changes.
Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milespoints
Alaska is asking me to call in about a schedule change for a trip in August. I have a flight that is OGG (Maui) - SFO - BOS. Looking at their website, it seems that the OGG-SFO flight has been canceled. I have a pair tickets with a Companion Fare booked in Main and another pair (with a Companion Fare) booked in Saver. Wondering if you all could help me with a few questions before I call them:
1. If it is indeed a schedule change, would I be able to change the date of the flight? I'd like to depart a day later.
2. I paid to upgrade to Premium Economy on one of the legs, that should still be good on a new flight, correct?
3. Would I be able to ask them to put us in Exit Row seats? Not sure what type of allowance occurs on schedule changes.
Thank you in advance.
1. Yes
2. Yes if the seats are still available
3. Exit row if are elite...if not then maybe...very unlikely on a Saver ticket

As with all schedule changes, it's best to wait for the dust to settle and call on Monday.
milespoints likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:45 am

1. Yes
2. Yes if the seats are still available
3. Exit row if are elite...if not then maybe...very unlikely on a Saver ticket

As with all schedule changes, it's best to wait for the dust to settle and call on Monday.
Thank you for the quick response. Is there a reason it's best to wait until Monday? Will I not get better seat choices if I call earlier?
I'm status matching to MVP Gold in July. Can I pick the Exit Rows at that time (if available)?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Was there any updates yesterday night?
I haven't noticed any schedule changes in my bookings for fall 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.