Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
1. Yes
2. Yes if the seats are still available
3. Exit row if are elite...if not then maybe...very unlikely on a Saver ticket

As with all schedule changes, it's best to wait for the dust to settle and call on Monday.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Was there any updates yesterday night?
I haven't noticed any schedule changes in my bookings for fall 2021.
Hi IST, I'm assuming that they're asking me to call in for a schedule change. I can't find my original flight (OGG to SFO) via booking anymore. I've been checking my flight daily and the request to call in appeared yesterday.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by milespoints
Hi IST, I'm assuming that they're asking me to call in for a schedule change. I can't find my original flight (OGG to SFO) via booking anymore. I've been checking my flight daily and the request to call in appeared yesterday.
When was that flight?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:07 pm

When was that flight?
August 17th. Flight 244. I don't see it there after the 17th. That flight (for departures pre-8/17) also had the time changed from 10pm to 2pm.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Had nonstop LAX-ORD-LAX booked in F for November and it was nuked in the recent schedule change. Is my assumption correct that when I call they will reroute me on a 1-stop through SFO/PDX/SEA/whatever? Newish to AS. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by milespoints
SFO-OGG was reduced to three days a week from 18 August through 17 November. If you can get through to them, call as soon as you can as during the summer, it may be difficult to get something else. AS barely has flights to BOS from California during this period as well making it more difficult. Better to try to make arrangements earlier than later given the limited options.
milespoints likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Interestingly my BWI-SEA-PDX mileage run in October wasn't affected by this schedule change.
It might also not be affected as SEA-PDX is already x17-18 daily in June and in October BWI-SEA might jump to x2 daily from x1 daily as previously scheduled.

By the way, IAD-LAX is now x6 weekly until 17 November rather than x2 daily.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:24 pm

Interestingly my BWI-SEA-PDX mileage run in October wasn't affected by this schedule change.
It might also not be affected as SEA-PDX is already x17-18 daily in June and in October BWI-SEA might jump to x2 daily from x1 daily as previously scheduled.

By the way, IAD-LAX is now x6 weekly until 17 November rather than x2 daily.
AS is 100% focused on building back SEA so it is no surprise that there will be less schedule changes in SEA. The bulk of the cuts--which have been massive--are and will continue to be in California.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
SFO-OGG was reduced to three days a week from 18 August through 17 November.
perfect! we had Sun which is now off the schedule … condo rental starts on Mon, so we were looking at ~$350 or ~70k points for a hotel … just checked the AS app and saw only one F seat left on the 1115 nonstop, but I don’t mind leaving at 0800 and connecting thru PDX
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
AS is 100% focused on building back SEA so it is no surprise that there will be less schedule changes in SEA. The bulk of the cuts--which have been massive--are and will continue to be in California.
Don't forget the PDX quasi-hub, it got plenty of cuts. No PDX-NYC on Tuesdays and Saturdays extended through November 2.

​​​
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:06 pm

AS has cut SFO harder than its other hubs/focus cities. SFO has become RJ central by this summer with just 16 mainline flight and 41 regional ones. By my calculation, they are scheduling in less ASM in July than B6 is out of SFO. Something that is unthinkable a year ago. There is no indication SFO will get more mainline flights later.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Had nonstop LAX-ORD-LAX booked in F for November and it was nuked in the recent schedule change. Is my assumption correct that when I call they will reroute me on a 1-stop through SFO/PDX/SEA/whatever? Newish to AS. Thanks.
Same happened to my September flight in F. Called and discussed my options. Decided to go through SFO rather than SEA on outbound flight. Through Seattle on way home. Now my ticket cost looks like a bargain for having a family of 6 in F on the ride out, and 3 on way back.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
does a 1 hr schedule change allow you to change to a different date?
or is that asking too much?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by boycruz
does a 1 hr schedule change allow you to change to a different date?
or is that asking too much?
has to be 61 minutes or more, then you can depart 1 day before or after. Co-terminal is allowed.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tphuang
AS has cut SFO harder than its other hubs/focus cities. SFO has become RJ central by this summer with just 16 mainline flight and 41 regional ones. By my calculation, they are scheduling in less ASM in July than B6 is out of SFO. Something that is unthinkable a year ago. There is no indication SFO will get more mainline flights later.
It's a kind of lousy place to have a hub, particularly if you already have them in SEA and PDX, and sort of in LA. UA has almost 50% of the traffic out of SFO, and the airport is overbooked enough that it doesn't take much to disrupt schedules. For AS it makes more sense to mostly run O/D out of SFO, using RJs to move people to other west coast destinations, a few mainline mid-con and transcon routes that there's a lot of demand for, and otherwise use SEA, PDX, and LAX for connections. AS is the dominant carrier at SEA and PDX, and while they're 5th at LAX with 8%, they're partnered with leader AA, who still only has about 20%, but for whom AS can be a feeder from all over the west coast.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by chrisl137
It's a kind of lousy place to have a hub, particularly if you already have them in SEA and PDX, and sort of in LA. UA has almost 50% of the traffic out of SFO, and the airport is overbooked enough that it doesn't take much to disrupt schedules. For AS it makes more sense to mostly run O/D out of SFO, using RJs to move people to other west coast destinations, a few mainline mid-con and transcon routes that there's a lot of demand for, and otherwise use SEA, PDX, and LAX for connections. AS is the dominant carrier at SEA and PDX, and while they're 5th at LAX with 8%, they're partnered with leader AA, who still only has about 20%, but for whom AS can be a feeder from all over the west coast.
At this point, AS may as well revert back to what they had pre-VX purchase. There is only so much downsizing you can do before people lose interest and move their business elsewhere. They may well be smaller now than they were pre-VX purchase in SFO as it it is in ASMs as they have just decimated the whole operation here. Going back to SEA/PDX/PSP/PVR/SJD and a few other token flights within California should be fine for them. Having completely inconsistent schedules and cancelling flights when everybody else is adding as everything opens up just does nothing to regain confidence. If they do try to rebuild, they will be starting from scratch which will be very costly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.