Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
right, refund within 24 hrs; Wallet credit otherwise ... but the point remains that agent intervention isn't *generally* necessary *unless* you want to rebook with no add-collect following a significant schedule change
Should have made clear that this was a saver ticket, so it's non-changeable unless there's a >60 min. schedule change. Even with the schedule change, the website gave me no option to cancel. I don't know if that was because the change was only 60 minutes, or because saver tickets can't be canceled online.

In any case I definitely wanted to speak to an agent so I could inquire about rebooking for another day if a refund was not allowed.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
thx for clarifying
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
right, refund within 24 hrs; Wallet credit otherwise ... but the point remains that agent intervention isn't *generally* necessary *unless* you want to rebook with no add-collect following a significant schedule change
It's worth noting that if you have a nonrefundable ticket for an itinerary that was changed by Alaska and the change was an hour or more, it (even if it was a Saver one) actually would qualify for a full refund back to the original form of payment. I think some people (including me) prefer that over a flight credit. Alaska's involuntary schedule change policy is - without a doubt in my mind - best in class.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Schedule change for a 2022 ticket but changed in 2021 - is this still a suitable thread for the below inquiry?

Got a good MR deal from NY to AK. Original booking was JFK-SEA-FAI-SEA-JFK in almost exactly 24 hours (departing JFK around 7am on day 1 and arriving JFK the next day at around 7am). Auto-schedule change has me leaving mid-day from JFK on day 1, additional stop in ANC, arriving JFK the following day around 530pm: JFK-SEA-FAI-ANC-SEA-JFK

If I call AS, would they allow me to change to: JFK-PDX-SEA-ANC-FAI-ANC-FAI-ANC-SEA-JFK - 7:30am departure on day 1; 5:30pm arrival on day 2 - combo of original booking + auto-schedule change + me adding some stops - this itin is bookable, and came up as an option without me even using multi-city, but at almost double the fare I had paid.

Would AS allow me to make such change? 9 segments!!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
since FAI was the original destination, I’d think they *might* let you do that *without the added FAI-ANC-FAI turn*

that said, you could always purchase those two flights separately; you could also use “Miles and Money” to pay down as much as 50% of the cost
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
since FAI was the original destination, I’d think they *might* let you do that *without the added FAI-ANC-FAI turn*

that said, you could always purchase those two flights separately; you could also use “Miles and Money” to pay down as much as 50% of the cost
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, FAI would be the "destination".

The ticket is a pure mileage run (MR). Any additional fares would be non-starter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.