Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Schedule Changes (2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Default FT response: No, you are not insane, but you could do better on the CPM.
very well played
Also, are these are separate tickets or one?
AS website would only allow four O/D legs ... OP has five (SAN-JFK, JFK-SLC, SLC-FLL, FLL-HNL, HNL-SAN), so I’d guess that it would have to be two tickets
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
SEA-CVG kickoff on May 20th is hanging in there! I've been holding my breath checking the itin every Sunday morning. Anybody else here on the first flight out? (I'm making a real trip out of it, not just a quick turnaround, but I'd be up for a Bloody Mary/Mimosa lounge meet-up beforehand.)

6F, but toying with buying up for the extra EQM
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by jrl767

6F, but toying with buying up for the extra EQM
Boom! Ja! 8A. Rolling the dice for an upgrade because I like to live on the edge, lol. N lounge then?
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
AS website would only allow four O/D legs ... OP has five (SAN-JFK, JFK-SLC, SLC-FLL, FLL-HNL, HNL-SAN), so I’d guess that it would have to be two tickets

Wow, what a rookie move. I didn't even think about combining legs onto one ticket. I had priced it out on 5 tickets. When combining the first four legs onto one ticket, the total cost is ~$1,200. Save $100.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Sandonkey

Wow, what a rookie move. I didn't even think about combining legs onto one ticket. I had priced it out on 5 tickets. When combining the first four legs onto one ticket, the total cost is ~$1,200. Save $100.
With the number of segments you have there in a short-window on separate tickets, just be careful on timing. Any issue on one flight could affect downstream flights.
eponymous_coward and anteater like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
With the number of segments you have there in a short-window on separate tickets, just be careful on timing. Any issue on one flight could affect downstream flights.
Yeah, I originally had SNA in place of SLC, but that resulted in 7 flights in a row with roughly 1-hour breaks in between. What I posted above is my "conservative" possibility.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Received a schedule change email this morning, it had a new schedule, but no old schedule... and there's nothing noticeably different on my reservation (even plane types!). Weird
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Yes
As of today, how far have the schedule changes been loaded? Please and thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by anteater
As of today, how far have the schedule changes been loaded? Please and thank you.
Thru 6.16

6.17 and beyond still has placeholders.
ACBLtd, anteater and Bellerina like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Received a schedule change email this morning, it had a new schedule, but no old schedule... and there's nothing noticeably different on my reservation (even plane types!). Weird
I always have to search my email with my confirmation code to see what the original time was and what the change is. I really wish they'd just put that in the notification email. I scheduled a bunch of west coast to Hawaii flights back during the sale at the end of 2020 and I think every one of them (10+ legs) have had a change of some type.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I just booked my extended family of 10 PDX/PVR/PDX this fall. Today I saw AS pulled down the flight from 7X a week to 1x for the rest of this season and pulled the summer schedule altogether. Trying to figure out if this flight will stick later in the year as where we are staying you lose 100% of the money 90 days before the stay. Don’t want AS pulling the flight 90 minus days before. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I just booked my extended family of 10 PDX/PVR/PDX this fall. Today I saw AS pulled down the flight from 7X a week to 1x for the rest of this season and pulled the summer schedule altogether. Trying to figure out if this flight will stick later in the year as where we are staying you lose 100% of the money 90 days before the stay. Don’t want AS pulling the flight 90 minus days before. Any thoughts?
I think there's a reasonable likelihood that you'll be traveling via SFO or LAX but AS will still get you to and from PVR.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
That is a relatively popular non-stop that I think should return after summer but it seems to alternate with the PDX-SJD non-stop so it may not run daily. Either way, AS will be flying everyday to PVR from somewhere so if the nonstop cancels they will foot the extra cost for a connecting flight and you will probably get more miles in the process as a bonus especially if you ask them to routeyou through SEA.
Waitlisted and Bellerina like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:19 am

Update- Alaska has started flying SFO->HNL again. That means I'm out of luck because I already rebooked on a different airline.
Old May 18, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Just had a September schedule change. No time change - but a change from 3xxx to 2xxx - I wonder if more flights will be shifting to QX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.