Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:03 pm

Just got off the phone with Reservations, and they let me know that the service reductions are in place for First Class as well! Be sure to bring snacks since many restaurants are closed in the airports as well
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: Continental
I'm going to refund all my FC tickets and book coach. They can upgrade me instead.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pooprocks
Just got off the phone with Reservations, and they let me know that the service reductions are in place for First Class as well! Be sure to bring snacks since many restaurants are closed in the airports as well
How prescient my post in another thread, minutes before I learned of this. "I'll be using my Amex UBER credit for some Eats tonight, accompanied by wine far better than what AS would have served me"
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I'm guessing this is immediate? I'm wondering because I'm flying later today.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by aberrant_mushroom
I'm guessing this is immediate? I'm wondering because I'm flying later today.
As far as I know, yes.
My pre order meal is now showing as "not available" as well
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by hockey7711
I'm going to refund all my FC tickets and book coach. They can upgrade me instead.
So you booked first for the food and alcoholic beverages? Probably less than a $20 incremental cost on average, I'm guessing the delta you paid was more than that.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:38 pm

No, I booked for the extra EQMs, Using miles to discount it.
Trying to hit 75k as quickly as possible
The food on AS is much better than UA, which is one of the reasons that I switched.
At least UA still serves free food in E+ on transcons (as far as I know)
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:41 pm

They should send out comps for FC pax to purchase food in the airport (If anything is open)
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
No, I booked for the extra EQMs, Using miles to discount it.
Trying to hit 75k as quickly as possible
The food on AS is much better than UA, which is one of the reasons that I switched.
At least UA still serves free food in E+ on transcons (as far as I know)
I guess people far wiser than I would say "then fly United."

We're dealing with something that is far more virulent and surviving on surfaces far longer than most viruses, with more severe effect, including the age ranges seriously affected than originally sold to us, while our dear leader remains politically calling it Chinese Virus every day. As much as I'd have seriously disappointed had I flown today for 5+ hours with no F&B to speak of, and no tablet, today is not the day I'd have complained.

The last thing AS needs is to be sued for "serving someone COVID-19." I'm sure AS has been sued, and complained upon many many times by "food poisoned" people that perhaps were poisoned either before or after their flights. I'm not going to opine on anyone's F&B offerings right now. It doesn't mean I wouldn't hate my life flying transcon or similar right now. It means "I get it."
tusphotog and fly18725 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
On AS 79 right now.

Only water and soda cans. No cups offered (gross, I begged for one and the FA relented). NO ice. No alcohol. Only snack basket. FA just came around offering snack boxes, no charge.

Grabbed a salad to go from the N lounge (pic on Insta.. search #MVPGOLD75K or #Turnleftorturnaround ) . Lotsa munchies to go in the N lounge, so I stocked up. Agent said I can take as much as I want to go.

Might recommend a Starbucks cup (with lid) full of ice and selling nuggets to your fellow F pax :-P
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AKScotty was on the 6 am SFO-SEA this morning. He apparently was shocked there was basically no service onboard... fa's were apologetic. He got the email with notification after he landed.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec

Might recommend a Starbucks cup (with lid) full of ice and selling nuggets to your fellow F pax :-P
Pre COVID-19 I would fill those Starbucks cups up with snack mix and animal cookies!
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Pre COVID-19 I would fill those Starbucks cups up with snack mix and animal cookies!
Ha, I did the same. I also poured my gin & tonics in one as well

Ill do a new post about the lounge offerings, but I snagged one of these cookies from the N lounge and they are LEGIT CRACK COCAINE! I want more!!
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I really would like to know how alcohol transmits the virus, or pre-maid sandwiches or other processed foods individually wrapped items do the same. You can grab something from the lounge..but that something cannot be served on the plane. If they cannot serve booze..can I bring my own on board? I want people to be safe, I want to protect service workers such as the AS crews...but if this is the policy then AS should shutter the front cabin and have a flat fee for all flights.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
So 5-6 hrs no food, wonderful.
11 hours for me tomorrow. Dashed out early to Wegman's/Whole Foods to see if there was anything reasonably transportable besides fruit and sweets. Fail. Will stop by liquor store for mini bottles to sustain me pre-boarding as the notion of a "limited selection" of beer (likely lager/IPA) is not enticing. All BOS lounges are essentially closed down. Thanks AS for letting me stumble across this last minute change vs firing me a warning shot so I could have enough time to shop safely during quieter hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.