Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew RDU-CHS on a 738 this week (for those that don't know AS is now flying SEA-RDU-CHS and I thought it would be fun to get the RDU-CHS line). I paid $29 to upgrade. I was given two passes of the snack basket (there's some good stuff in there too) but for drinks the options were water or Alaskan Amber. Two beers and snacks meant AS probably paid me for the upgrade
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew RDU-CHS on a 738 this week (for those that don't know AS is now flying SEA-RDU-CHS and I thought it would be fun to get the RDU-CHS line). I paid $29 to upgrade. I was given two passes of the snack basket (there's some good stuff in there too) but for drinks the options were water or Alaskan Amber. Two beers and snacks meant AS probably paid me for the upgrade
1. Impressive that the snack basket still exists in F....thought that went away.
2. Beer or water--really??
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
1. Impressive that the snack basket still exists in F....thought that went away.
in regards to 2. Yes, this is the new service standard for F and PC. Y gets just water. Debate as to Golds getting beer in Y.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL is water only even in FC on transcon flights.....at least AS is offering something else.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DL is water only even in FC on transcon flights.....at least AS is offering something else.
On my domestic DL F, I got the pre-packaged Snack boxes and water, and a bag which included biscoff, water bottle and Purell disinfectant wipe from a prepared bag.

I sure miss my coke zero...... none in either F, Alaska or Delta.

Jiburi
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiburi
On my domestic DL F, I got the pre-packaged Snack boxes and water, and a bag which included biscoff, water bottle and Purell disinfectant wipe from a prepared bag.

I sure miss my coke zero...... none in either F, Alaska or Delta.

Jiburi
I still don't understand why they don't have cans of all beverages--is this a supply issue?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by flytoeat
How does consumption of food and beverage work if best practices recommend all passengers wear face masks? Do you briefly pull your mask down for a quick sip or bite?
if I were to fly these days and it was a reasonably short flight, I would minimize my food and beverage intake aboard. Especially if it involves finger food (thinking back to the PC cheese crackers I was offered in early March on my last flight). I don’t eat or drink every ten minutes when I am at home; fairly certain I could go a couple of hours without a snack. For longer flights (e.g., to Europe, obviously not on AS) it’s not an option, of course.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 4:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I still don't understand why they don't have cans of all beverages--is this a supply issue?
The FA said to me "this is all they gave me" so it sounds like in my case it may have been a supply issue.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:41 pm

Old Apr 30, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by flytoeat
That doesn't seem to state anything different than it's been for some weeks, does it, except for the May 1 date?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
That doesn't seem to state anything different than it's been for some weeks, does it, except for the May 1 date?
Yes, this is no different than current AS policy. Starting in May, the inflight service on AS will be noticeably behind AA and DL as they begin the new snack bag service in all cabins. I kinda figured AS would, at minimum, jump on the bandwagon with their own version of a snack bag, but apparently not.
Old May 1, 2020, 7:41 am

Yes, this is no different than current AS policy. Starting in May, the inflight service on AS will be noticeably behind AA and DL as they begin the new snack bag service in all cabins. I kinda figured AS would, at minimum, jump on the bandwagon with their own version of a snack bag, but apparently not.
the snack bag at DL contains essentially the same thing AS will be serving, minus the bag. First class is going to start getting the Northwest Deli boxes. If AA and DL are handing out the same snack bag to first class then AS is providing more
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 8:21 am

With caterers largely shut down, it is probably difficult to provision the aircraft. The current service can probably be managed by AS.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
the snack bag at DL contains essentially the same thing AS will be serving, minus the bag. First class is going to start getting the Northwest Deli boxes. If AA and DL are handing out the same snack bag to first class then AS is providing more
You're correct...I don't think I noticed the word "box" in the updated food/beverage announcement. Are they also still serving the snack basket in F as has been recently reported by another poster on the RDU-CHS tag flight or does the snack box replace this?
Old May 1, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
You're correct...I don't think I noticed the word "box" in the updated food/beverage announcement. Are they also still serving the snack basket in F as has been recently reported by another poster on the RDU-CHS tag flight or does the snack box replace this?
I would guess that the boxes won't be provisioned for short haul tags, but the new service starts today...

And they use the term "packaged".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.