Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Might I suggest the Alaska Airlines COVID Samovar Service. You simply bring your own cup, the FA opens the bourbon-filled Samovar spigot over the cup you're holding, releases the "appropriate pour" for the flight duration* and it is all contact free.

*I nominate Beck and Bob to lead the training seminar.

[And if you don't get the reference, just google Alaska Samovar - it is merely a modified version of prior AS service.]
AS could take the lead of early WN and give first class passengers a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 as a thank you gift for paying a higher fare.
Old May 9, 2020, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I don't keep up to date with AA or DL, but presented only as a data point, UA is only providing real food on their (3) premium transcon routes.

I'll pass on this less-than-appealing meal in favor of an AS snack box, thank you.

Also, bring on the comparisons. AAG stated they will do whatever is necessary to cut cash burn to zero by year-end, regardless of the revenue picture. If that means extreme cost-cutting, so be it. They will survive due to a stronger balance sheet and a soberness to do whatever it takes.
Old May 9, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by flytoeat
I'll pass on this less-than-appealing meal in favor of an AS snack box, thank you.

Also, bring on the comparisons. AAG stated they will do whatever is necessary to cut cash burn to zero by year-end, regardless of the revenue picture. If that means extreme cost-cutting, so be it. They will survive due to a stronger balance sheet and a soberness to do whatever it takes.
Just because the company is sober doesn't mean the passengers should be 100% sober
Old May 9, 2020, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flytoeat
You aren't kidding. Mrs. Swanson and Mr. Banquet have nothing to fear!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I think I would be ok with a buffalo ranch chicken wrap and a bag of Tim's salt and vinegar potato chips....oh yeah, a can of Diet Coke
pcoll likes this.

Last edited by PDXPremier; May 10, 2020 at 12:40 am
Old May 9, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm booked on SFO-JFK later this month. I'm hoping
  • Onboard food (First and Coach) is brought back
  • and/or concessions are open at SFO (a few weeks back it was only 1 food place in T2)
Old May 9, 2020, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt
Wow, that service looks amazing. Caviar, borscht, salad, main course, bread basket and that cool samovar!

Golden Samovar Service
great meal, but I would be almost comatose after all that food, not to mention the samovar drinks at the end!
Old May 10, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I don't keep up to date with AA or DL, but presented only as a data point, UA is only providing real food on their (3) premium transcon routes.

Not too different from what UA served in domestic Y thirty years ago. Except the other choice was beef not pasta.
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Not too different from what UA served in domestic Y thirty years ago. Except the other choice was beef not pasta.
And you would probably get a brownie or slice of cake instead of just a cookie.
Old May 10, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Agreed, and certainly AS as well in Y.

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
And you would probably get a brownie or slice of cake instead of just a cookie.
I remember a carrot cake in the early 90s in Y that was one of the best I've ever had. (Note: the cookie is temporarily replacing the ice cream service in F on UA.)
Old May 11, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by JHake10
I'm booked on SFO-JFK later this month. I'm hoping
  • Onboard food (First and Coach) is brought back
  • and/or concessions are open at SFO (a few weeks back it was only 1 food place in T2)
It's nice to hope! I could see the concessions opening being more likely than AS bringing back more extensive service on board this month. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
JHake10 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I was looking at JFK-SEA on AA.com and it lists the A321 as having Lunch in FC.....is this really true? The AS website only says snacks on all flights over 350 miles.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:26 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was looking at JFK-SEA on AA.com and it lists the A321 as having Lunch in FC.....is this really true? The AS website only says snacks on all flights over 350 miles.
You should confirm in the AA forum, but yes, on AS in F you'll get the deli snack box and a pass or two of the snack basket.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I’m on the one daily SFO-JFK today and there is no service. Their website continues to mention “a sealed can of beer” (which is odd). However, they don’t even have any food or beverage loaded.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JHake10
I’m on the one daily SFO-JFK today and there is no service. Their website continues to mention “a sealed can of beer” (which is odd). However, they don’t even have any food or beverage loaded.
Are you in F or Y?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.