Search

Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Kurt
Could be worse, I guess.

Northwest deli picnic pack - $6.50

This hearty picnic pack includes Tim’s Cascade potato chips, Old Wisconsin salami, La Panzanella multigrain crackers, Madi K’s sea salt roasted Almonds , Almond Roca, and Glacier Ridge Farms smoked gouda.
It would be nice to have a second option (Mediterranean anyone) since some of us still have multi-segment flights.
be_rettSEA and Bellerina like this.

Last edited by BOB W; Jun 3, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA1K
had the NW picnic snack on SNA-SEA this morning along with a sessions lager. i can confirm no big boy drinks available at SEA. traffic is a little higher than i expected.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
had the NW picnic snack on SNA-SEA this morning along with a sessions lager. i can confirm no big boy drinks available at SEA. traffic is a little higher than i expected.
I have two flights tomorrow that are 100% sold out (which probably means at least 50% of the seats are taken and the rest left empty for social distancing) so I would only expect traffic to increase the closer we get to the typical summer travel season.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I have seen a couple of appearances of the Mediterranean Tapas box as well; it contains: "Hummus, apricots, tortilla chips, almonds, olives and chocolate." I am a food hoarder so I have two NW Deli and a Tapas box in my office for "emergency" consumption.

The Tapas box has more food, FYI. It's 5.73 oz and the NW Deli is 4.18 oz.

Originally Posted by BOB W
It would be nice to have a second option (Mediterranean anyone) since some of us still have multi-segment flights.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
I have seen a couple of appearances of the Mediterranean Tapas box as well; it contains: "Hummus, apricots, tortilla chips, almonds, olives and chocolate." I am a food hoarder so I have two NW Deli and a Tapas box in my office for "emergency" consumption.

The Tapas box has more food, FYI. It's 5.73 oz and the NW Deli is 4.18 oz.
I think the NW Deli still sounds a bit better....I'd be ok with the Tapas box if you replaced the hummus (yuck) with salsa to go with the tortilla chips and replace the almonds with cashews and everything else sounds ok unless the chocolate is dark chocolate in which case it needs to be switched to milk chocolate.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think the NW Deli still sounds a bit better....I'd be ok with the Tapas box if you replaced the hummus (yuck) with salsa to go with the tortilla chips and replace the almonds with cashews and everything else sounds ok unless the chocolate is dark chocolate in which case it needs to be switched to milk chocolate.
Would you eat the hummus if it were not only organic, but you knew the name of every chickpea before it met the food processor? Are you the guy that when the staff sees the reservation book for the night and you're in it, they suddenly all come down with a Premier malady and go home sick?
eponymous_coward and ACBLtd like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Nah!!! I think they should replace the tortilla chips with Kale chips, the humus (yum) with raosted red pepper and garlic humus with roated pine nuts, 6 almonds trumps one cashew and the darker the chocolate the better. Even better if they stuffed it in one humungous olive, marinated in a lime & white balsamic vinegar, Thai green chilis, garlic & sweet basil emulsion. Now we are talking.... lol

Catering will never be perfect for everyone! I like seafood, I see food, I eat it!.

James
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Would you eat the hummus if it were not only organic, but you knew the name of every chickpea before it met the food processor? Are you the guy that when the staff sees the reservation book for the night and you're in it, they suddenly all come down with a Premier malady and go home sick?
But is the hummus local?

chrisl137 and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:44 am

You aren't very picky are you?

My point is that if you are traveling again one type of snack is going to get tiresome very quickly. That is based on the comments over the years in the lack of options and that they never changed often enough.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
LOL in other words you like everything but the ingredients? Ive had the deli pak three times now, a fourth time may be just one too many times for me.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ctporter
LOL in other words you like everything but the ingredients? Ive had the deli pak three times now, a fourth time may be just one too many times for me.
My point exactly....
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ctporter
"The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small."
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
"The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small."
You could always supplement it by bringing a tub of humus to dip your humus & chocolate in....

James
Paella747 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA1K
I have two flights tomorrow that are 100% sold out (which probably means at least 50% of the seats are taken and the rest left empty for social distancing) so I would only expect traffic to increase the closer we get to the typical summer travel season.
looks like my flight to SEA is full in economy. i'm assuming they wouldn't oversell the actual seats they can sell and leave the empty middle seats for social distancing, would they?

i'm hoping the centurion lounge opens in SEA soon.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Flying SEA LAS as I type this in F. Can of beer and water served without asking. Option of northwest or tapas snackbox was given

Soon after, well stocked snack basket passed containing those amazing Rip Van mini stroopwaffles. Never seen them before. I had thirds =)

Carfield, pcoll and Bellerina like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.